PTR 91, recommend an optic....pics would be great!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PTR 91, recommend an optic....pics would be great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR 91, recommend an optic....pics would be great!

Hey guys, I recently bought a PTR 91 and it came with a PA micro dot (thanks Atlantic!) and I'm thinking I'd like to have a magnified optic for this gun. My eyes are kinda tired so a little help would be great, especially seeing as this gun can easily reach out to some pretty good distances.

I'm thinking a 1x4 or 1x6, something that won't add a ton of weight and is not so long that will interfere with the charging handle, or even a fixed power red dot.

The gun is used for range toy and maybe a hog hunt but primarily hanging out and shooting at probably no more than 400 yards.

Any recommendations? Pics would be great! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi there. I'm a brand new HK91 clone owner. I just picked-up a new Century Arms C308 at Cabela's last week and put a Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24 with illuminated reticle on a Burris PEPR mount on it. I took it to the range a few days ago on a very windy day (I was itching to get it sighted-in, and test for reliability). I shot a 2.5", 5-shot group at 100 yards. Considering the wind beating me around and blowing my target stand over several times... I'm VERY happy with that group. I also have an SA M1A that I've had since 2005 and I doubt I could have shot a better group with it considering the wind. So the C308 certainly has me stoked thus far (and was 100% reliable). Now I just need to find a bunch of cheap magazines for it, and I want to put a wide forearm stock on it ala the PTR91. I think I've found a place to buy the latter and will be purchasing that shortly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here are some images with vortex optics. The top one is a strike eagle 1-6 bottom is a spitfire 3x. I prefer the spitfire personally.
    PTR 91, recommend an optic....pics would be great!-img_0065.jpg
    "You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
    Harry Dresden

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
    Hi there. I'm a brand new HK91 clone owner. I just picked-up a new Century Arms C308 at Cabela's last week and put a Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24 with illuminated reticle on a Burris PEPR mount on it. I took it to the range a few days ago on a very windy day (I was itching to get it sighted-in, and test for reliability). I shot a 2.5", 5-shot group at 100 yards. Considering the wind beating me around and blowing my target stand over several times... I'm VERY happy with that group. I also have an SA M1A that I've had since 2005 and I doubt I could have shot a better group with it considering the wind. So the C308 certainly has me stoked thus far (and was 100% reliable). Now I just need to find a bunch of cheap magazines for it, and I want to put a wide forearm stock on it ala the PTR91. I think I've found a place to buy the latter and will be purchasing that shortly.
    I'd say that was a very good group! What ammo were you using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drozd View Post
    Here are some images with vortex optics. The top one is a strike eagle 1-6 bottom is a spitfire 3x. I prefer the spitfire personally.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0065.JPG 
Views:	4693 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	95242
    Nice, I'm really liking the look of the Spitfire, I think it fits the PTR better.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

A 1-6 (or better) optic is a good match to the range of a .308 rifle. I have the Primary arms 1-6 on mine and have been very pleased with it. This is mounted with the PA generic cantilevered mount and it sits slightly lower on my son's GI R then it does on mine with the clamp on rail.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
    I'd say that was a very good group! What ammo were you using?
    I bought a bunch of boxes of the PRVI Partizan 147 (or was it 150?) grain stuff from Cabela's on sale. I have a ton of LC Match reloads (and original), but I generally use that for my bolt rifles and occasionally my M1A. I bought the C308 to be my short-medium range thumper... so I don't really plan to shot match ammo in it. Pie plate battle accuracy is all I'm seeking.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Not a variable but this is what I went with ACOG 3.5 green horseshoe with BDC.

A voice from the past whispers in my ear, “Brethren, keep your powder dry.”

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    Not a variable but this is what I went with ACOG 3.5 green horseshoe with BDC.

"Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links