Question on LSC flats - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question on LSC flats

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

When did speculation, rumors and heysay become the truth around here? I would say this was generational issue, but I will just blame Facebook instead for making society dumber and dumber. Worst yet, HKpro just lost some credibility points with that lost post, lmfao

LSC wrote "If you want an answer just ask the horse" and yet you want to believe whom exactly?
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    When did speculation, rumors and heysay become the truth around here? I would say this was generational issue, but I will just blame Facebook instead for making society dumber and dumber. Worst yet, HKpro just lost some credibility points with that lost post, lmfao

LSC wrote "If you want an answer just ask the horse" and yet you want to believe whom exactly?
    Ok so I am the one that started this post and I will take the advise of LSC. Exactly what is the status. Did you sell the tooling to PTR and if so will new flats continue to be sold through RTG?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Are you two serious right now? Who do you think is behind LSCManufacturing.com handle? I mentioned them in this thread so they would see it and respond. They did and why you're still confused? Really? Come on.... lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Are you two serious right now? Who do you think is behind LSCManufacturing.com handle? I mentioned them in this thread so they would see it and respond. They did and why you're still confused? Really? Come on.... lol.
    Well since my post was directed to LSC in a direct quoted reply to their post in this thread…it would seem pretty obvious that my question was directed to LSC Manufacturing and not yourself.

I am not sure exactly why you feel the need to jump in between my direct question to LSC asking for clarification on future availability of their product beyond their exclusive distributorship with RTG parts.

You certainly seem pretty concerned about jhutching or myself asking LSC for some additional clarification on their “RTG is now the distributor” post, when quite frankly you appear to having nothing of value to add here beyond condescending personal attacks.

If LSC decides to offer an additional reply...great I thank them in advance.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbntex View Post
    Well since my post was directed to LSC in a direct quoted reply to their post in this thread…it would seem pretty obvious that my question was directed to LSC Manufacturing and not yourself.

I am not sure exactly why you feel the need to jump in between my direct question to LSC asking for clarification on future availability of their product beyond their exclusive distributorship with RTG parts.

You certainly seem pretty concerned about jhutching or myself asking LSC for some additional clarification on their “RTG is now the distributor” post, when quite frankly you appear to having nothing of value to add here beyond condescending personal attacks.

If LSC decides to offer an additional reply...great I thank them in advance.
    So this is where I start quoting you and basically tell you to chill. I know how to read, but apparently you do not. I did not attack you but you feel the overwhelming need to quote me and state that I have nothing of value to add? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Because one person states that PTR was involved and then "Horse's mouth" posts that RTG is the distributor you still want to questions things, really? Well good luck and if I was LSC I would just ignore that question and move on with more important things.

I might be sarcastic and my apologizes to you is your simply don't see the humor.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Let me just explain this a bit further in layman's terms. There are manufactures that simple don’t want to deal with the general public because most the public is made up of tire kickers, uninformed individuals that all lead to waisted time for the manufacture answering emails, taking calls, etc. Essentially, moving towards a distribution model leads to cost savings and efficiencies. Basically, this is what HKparts was doing up until they started to make their own parts, now the other part manufactures appear to be taking sides. RIM no longer sells on HKparts, just to everyone else it seems, so if LSC is just selling to RTG, this should tell you something.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Let me explain my reasoning for asking this question. I have a rather large interest in this family of weapons. I am very interested in the availability of parts and the receivers necessary to build and maintain host firearms. My best example of this interest is the disappearance of a quality 33 type receiver flat. My understanding is the dies were destroyed. We know have a new source of flats coming for the 33 platform. The LSC flat is what I consider a perfect copy of an original HK flat for the MP5 host. I know of at least 2 sources for good G3 flats. PTR and RTG parts. For the MP5 it was LSC and now Omega to a lesser degree. The 33 flat source will soon be RTG. As was stated in another post we have quality parts from RCM and others. To me I want the ability to source and build a host when I want without having a shortage of parts. I am different in that I have a registered sear pack so some of the imports from Zenith, PO, and MAKE are not practical as a sear host. What is practical are the hosts built from flats by Jeff Walters and hosts built by PTR with some modifications. I see and read what is happening and see sides forming. My interest is in availability of parts. I have a great builder in Jeff Walters that takes very good care of me, RTG parts, and RCM, and PTR. I am very happy with this group to support some soon to be 17 hosts and registered sear pack.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blah........

Quote Originally Posted by jhutchings View Post
    Let me explain my reasoning for asking this question. I have a rather large interest in this family of weapons. I am very interested in the availability of parts and the receivers necessary to build and maintain host firearms. My best example of this interest is the disappearance of a quality 33 type receiver flat. My understanding is the dies were destroyed. We know have a new source of flats coming for the 33 platform. The LSC flat is what I consider a perfect copy of an original HK flat for the MP5 host. I know of at least 2 sources for good G3 flats. PTR and RTG parts. For the MP5 it was LSC and now Omega to a lesser degree. The 33 flat source will soon be RTG. As was stated in another post we have quality parts from RCM and others. To me I want the ability to source and build a host when I want without having a shortage of parts. I am different in that I have a registered sear pack so some of the imports from Zenith, PO, and MAKE are not practical as a sear host. What is practical are the hosts built from flats by Jeff Walters and hosts built by PTR with some modifications. I see and read what is happening and see sides forming. My interest is in availability of parts. I have a great builder in Jeff Walters that takes very good care of me, RTG parts, and RCM, and PTR. I am very happy with this group to support some soon to be 17 hosts and registered sear pack.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I get it the whole parts availability aspect. The 9mm flats are and have always been available by LSC and Special Weapons, but there have been others such as ORF. There is a new alternative is HKparts with their USA made 9mm flat and I'm sure Zenith will be importing MKE flats as well. I don't see a shortage of 9mm flats or 308 for that fact. Now some have complained that there has been a shortage of 5.56mm flats, but perhaps those complaints have been over a cheaper version of the 5.56 flats as HKparts has had them for $300 all this time. Yes, RTG is releasing theirs soon enough at $130, so no single vendor will control or corner the 5.56 flat market no more. Balance will be restored.

Oh and here's some speculation aka rumor.... PTR is coming out with a HK93/33 guns, not 9mm guns. Like I said, its a rumor and until PTR comments on it, I consider any source indicating as such to just be spreading more rumors including me. My point from before seems to have been missed. I was simply trying to say look at facts and not speculation from 3 party sources. LSC said exactly what the deal was with their flats.
    Last edited by Oicani; 05-10-2017 at 02:51 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Guys I can only say that I am very interested in knowing if anything has happened that could interrupt/stop the supply of LSC flats in the future. I remember the days of building 9mm guns on out of spec craptastic receivers/flats. I have an Ohio Rapid Fire certificate to show for it! It sucked big time. LSC coming out with their 9mm flat was such an awesome thing for the community. I'll run out and buy a few LSC flats if it looks like their availability will be limited in the near future. Hopefully LSC sheds some more light on exactly what if anything is going on. Gotta say it seems really odd that the guys from PTR would just come out with, "we own the tooling" if there isn't some truth to it. Especially with PTR's long rumored entrance into the 9mm clone market.

I definitely understand where jbntx and jhutchings are coming from.
    Last edited by RossinFL; 05-10-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links