I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally received my trigger pack and grip from Omega, Turns out after swapping my trigger group into it, and installing the Ejector from the parts Omega sent me, Everything works great!. I've put about 60 rounds through it so far with no hiccup, am waiting for my Brace to arrive to shoot it more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    Don't have an Octane 9 but do have a Griffin Optimus that I ran with my new SD-k today. The Optimus is 6-3/4 inches long with direct thread adaptor. When mounted, it sits 5-3/4 inches beyond the end of the hand guard. I expect the 3 lug mound (when it arrives) to lower the overall length by perhaps 1/2 inch or so. I don't think it's to short at all. With the included suppressor cover, it's about 7-1/2 inches from the end of the hand guard to the end of the cover. Picture with Optimus only.

Attachment 124609

Ran 150 flawless rounds on her first outing this morning. Not one hiccup. Shot a variety including sub-sonic, American Eagle 124, and Blazer 115. Here's mine fully dressed, including the suppressor cover.

Attachment 124633
    I really think yours looks better without the cover, because its a bit shorter than with the cover. As a real MP5SD can sticks out 5-7/8" from the end of the handguard.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitetaild33r View Post
    I really think yours looks better without the cover, because its a bit shorter than with the cover. As a real MP5SD can sticks out 5-7/8" from the end of the handguard.
    I am interested in this because I wonder how hard it would be to shorten the shroud?

How much of the shroud is threaded? If they put in some extra threading, cutting it to length would be easy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Quietly Making Noise
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    I am interested in this because I wonder how hard it would be to shorten the shroud?

How much of the shroud is threaded? If they put in some extra threading, cutting it to length would be easy.
    The shroud has an overall length of 11-1/4" with 1/2" of threads at the end. The ports extend about 2-3/4" down the shroud.

I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!-img_20170705_2002007.jpgI have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!-img_20170705_2017553.jpg I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!-img_20170705_2006237.jpg

The shroud sits almost 3-1/2" inside the hand-guard so cutting it down would depend on your suppressor.

Whitetaild33r-agree the look is better without the cover, but I'd like to use it so I'm going to have my smith take a look. It will be close.
    Tom

SAR/SCV/NRA LIFE MEMBER

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

@flacracker

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    The shroud has an overall length of 11-1/4" with 1/2" of threads at the end. The ports extend about 2-3/4" down the shroud.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170705_2002007.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	125122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170705_2017553.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	125130 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170705_2006237.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	125138

The shroud sits almost 3-1/2" inside the hand-guard so cutting it down would depend on your suppressor.

Whitetaild33r-agree the look is better without the cover, but I'd like to use it so I'm going to have my smith take a look. It will be close.
    Shouldnt be too hard to get shortened and rethreaded, My form 1 can is the exact diameter of the fake suppressor so I can't use mine.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitetaild33r View Post
    Shouldnt be too hard to get shortened and rethreaded, My form 1 can is the exact diameter of the fake suppressor so I can't use mine.
    That's what i am thinking too.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Can someone school me on some dimensions of this receiver? I have a couple of different suppressors in mind, but of varying diameters. I would like to know (1) the distance from the tip of the muzzle to the end of the handguard, and (2) the inner diameter of the handguard. That info would be very handy for those of us with fat cans (so to speak).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    Can someone school me on some dimensions of this receiver? I have a couple of different suppressors in mind, but of varying diameters. I would like to know (1) the distance from the tip of the muzzle to the end of the handguard, and (2) the inner diameter of the handguard. That info would be very handy for those of us with fat cans (so to speak).
    AFAIK, the inside diameter of the shroud is 1.6"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What does the other end look like? It might be easier to cut it and make a different end cap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links