I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!

  1. #21
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Posts : 23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I finally received my trigger pack and grip from Omega, Turns out after swapping my trigger group into it, and installing the Ejector from the parts Omega sent me, Everything works great!. I've put about 60 rounds through it so far with no hiccup, am waiting for my Brace to arrive to shoot it more.

  2. #22
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Posts : 23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    Don't have an Octane 9 but do have a Griffin Optimus that I ran with my new SD-k today. The Optimus is 6-3/4 inches long with direct thread adaptor. When mounted, it sits 5-3/4 inches beyond the end of the hand guard. I expect the 3 lug mound (when it arrives) to lower the overall length by perhaps 1/2 inch or so. I don't think it's to short at all. With the included suppressor cover, it's about 7-1/2 inches from the end of the hand guard to the end of the cover. Picture with Optimus only.

    Attachment 124609



    Ran 150 flawless rounds on her first outing this morning. Not one hiccup. Shot a variety including sub-sonic, American Eagle 124, and Blazer 115. Here's mine fully dressed, including the suppressor cover.

    Attachment 124633
    I really think yours looks better without the cover, because its a bit shorter than with the cover. As a real MP5SD can sticks out 5-7/8" from the end of the handguard.

  3. #23
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    kbinmt's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 2,711
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetaild33r View Post
    I really think yours looks better without the cover, because its a bit shorter than with the cover. As a real MP5SD can sticks out 5-7/8" from the end of the handguard.
    I am interested in this because I wonder how hard it would be to shorten the shroud?

    How much of the shroud is threaded? If they put in some extra threading, cutting it to length would be easy.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Quietly Making Noise
    flacracker's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Location : Fl Gulf Coast
    Age : 61
    Posts : 49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    I am interested in this because I wonder how hard it would be to shorten the shroud?

    How much of the shroud is threaded? If they put in some extra threading, cutting it to length would be easy.
    The shroud has an overall length of 11-1/4" with 1/2" of threads at the end. The ports extend about 2-3/4" down the shroud.

    I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!-img_20170705_2002007.jpgI have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!-img_20170705_2017553.jpg I have ordered an Omega OM9SD-K receiver!-img_20170705_2006237.jpg

    The shroud sits almost 3-1/2" inside the hand-guard so cutting it down would depend on your suppressor.

    Whitetaild33r-agree the look is better without the cover, but I'd like to use it so I'm going to have my smith take a look. It will be close.
    Tom

    SAR/SCV/NRA LIFE MEMBER

  6. #25
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    kbinmt's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 2,711
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

    Default

    @flacracker

    Thanks

  7. #26
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Posts : 23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    The shroud has an overall length of 11-1/4" with 1/2" of threads at the end. The ports extend about 2-3/4" down the shroud.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170705_2002007.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	125122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170705_2017553.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	125130 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170705_2006237.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	125138

    The shroud sits almost 3-1/2" inside the hand-guard so cutting it down would depend on your suppressor.

    Whitetaild33r-agree the look is better without the cover, but I'd like to use it so I'm going to have my smith take a look. It will be close.
    Shouldnt be too hard to get shortened and rethreaded, My form 1 can is the exact diameter of the fake suppressor so I can't use mine.

  8. #27
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    kbinmt's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 2,711
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetaild33r View Post
    Shouldnt be too hard to get shortened and rethreaded, My form 1 can is the exact diameter of the fake suppressor so I can't use mine.
    That's what i am thinking too.

  9. #28
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    surely_you_jest's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Location : North Texas
    Posts : 989
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    Can someone school me on some dimensions of this receiver? I have a couple of different suppressors in mind, but of varying diameters. I would like to know (1) the distance from the tip of the muzzle to the end of the handguard, and (2) the inner diameter of the handguard. That info would be very handy for those of us with fat cans (so to speak).

  10. #29
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Posts : 23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    Can someone school me on some dimensions of this receiver? I have a couple of different suppressors in mind, but of varying diameters. I would like to know (1) the distance from the tip of the muzzle to the end of the handguard, and (2) the inner diameter of the handguard. That info would be very handy for those of us with fat cans (so to speak).
    AFAIK, the inside diameter of the shroud is 1.6"

  11. #30
    Very Senior Member
    fasth2's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    What does the other end look like? It might be easier to cut it and make a different end cap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •