Building a clone, paddle mag release bushing. Possible problem?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building a clone, paddle mag release bushing. Possible problem?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default Building a clone, paddle mag release bushing. Possible problem?

I am building a mp5 clone and got the paddle mag release bushing kit from hkparts.net. It seems like it is really undersize vs the bushing that I pulled out of the old magwell.

The magwell bushing is 7.48mm diameter and the hkparts.net bushing is 7.18mm. Its really loose, I am afraid to use this part because its about .3mm (.011") undersize. Is anybody else using the bushing from hkparts.net successfully?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i got my bushing from rtc i am not able to at this min but ill try and get a measure for you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Insert the bushing in your paddle release and eyeball it. Depending on your paddle it should be a loose fit but not rattling. I cannot find my one caliper and my fancier one is broken. Pics might help

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yah i definitely got a junk part from hkparts.net. Way too loose for my taste. The german paddle mag release that I pulled out of a real hk F kit gauge pins at 7.54mm. Off to throw it in the trash and make a new one thats in spec.

FWIW, I am interested in the size of the RTG bushing @Leperchuan0311

Pic wouldn't help, this is simply a diameter.

jfk
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Before scrapping the bushing, set it aside. Drill your bushing pin hole and try it with the pin inserted but not welded (dry run). If your drill bit is slightly off, the undersized bushing will actually work better because you'll compensate for the pin being slightly off center. Make sure all of the parts are installed and try the paddle. Just because there's some play, you will not known untill all parts are installed. If there's too much slop, then get a tighter fitting bushing.
    I sold my HK's and bought a whole bunch of Century C93s. The best rifles on the planet bar none. I love the C93 pistols with the 12 o' clock slot!

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoScoE30 View Post
    Yah i definitely got a junk part from hkparts.net. Way too loose for my taste. The german paddle mag release that I pulled out of a real hk F kit gauge pins at 7.54mm. Off to throw it in the trash and make a new one thats in spec.

FWIW, I am interested in the size of the RTG bushing @Leperchuan0311

Pic wouldn't help, this is simply a diameter.
    Why not contact HKParts and see what they say about the issue?
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    Why not contact HKParts and see what they say about the issue?
    hk parts isn't all that helpful and you would spend more money returning the part than it would be to just get a new one. I have had issues with their parts on mp5 stuff before so i just stopped ordering from them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would send an email. They sent a wrong part, when I contacted them they sent a mailing label that I taped to the package and dropped in the mail, Easy peasy.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I've been dealing with Adam at HK parts and lately Ashley who is very knowledgeable for about 20 years.
    They seem to always have what I need and shipping time is unbelievably fast.
    Just last week received a MP5 white dot front sight that I thought I wanted to help acquisition for my old eyes.I just didn't like the way it looked before installed.lt was just me not the fault of them.Next day I called and spoke to Ashley.She cheerfully said I'm happy to accept it back as long as it hasn't been installed. They gave me a full credit. My personal feelings are I feel their knowledge of products and customer service is second to none. If you're unhappy with the bushing I would think give them a call and explain the situation and I would bet they would be happy to accepted back. Just my personal feelings.
    Last edited by Machinegunleslie; 08-22-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It came as the whole mag release kit. I need the rest of the parts. Anyway, problem here is solved and staying solved. I made a new one out of 304ss and it fits way better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links