Titan Defense upper problems
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Titan Defense upper problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Titan Defense upper problems

I have a Titan 415 upper that has been cut down to 10.5 inches and i can only get one round fired. Bolt comes back maybe 1/4 to half and no ejection occurs. Looking at where to start to diagnose the problem.

Thanks

I forgot to add im using a standard AR lower.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sounds like the gun is under gassed now that you have cut it down. Will have to increase the gas port hole in the barrel. I'd try increasing it by .005" and then try shooting the gun again. I had this issue several times years ago while building 7.62x39 AR pistols.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trafdeputy View Post
    I have a Titan 415 upper that has been cut down to 10.5 inches and i can only get one round fired. Bolt comes back maybe 1/4 to half and no ejection occurs. Looking at where to start to diagnose the problem.

Thanks

I forgot to add im using a standard AR lower.
    What does your gas block look like? Vent or No Vent in front?

Before opening Gas post he sure you have a NON VENTED GAS BLOCK on the 10.5" bbl.

NO GAS VENT, as even the 10.5" Vented Gas Block will prolly undergas the system unless Suppressed.

Let us know what is done to get it to fully cycle?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FIRST, make sure you're using decent, full power ammo. A lot of manufacturers have loaded their ammo down to cut costs and potential lawsuits. As an example, Remington green/white box is now crap and won't cycle anything. You can also try a lighter buffer/spring. If you're using an H buffer, try a standard carbine weight. if you're already using a carbine weight buffer, you could try a lighter spring or cut a coil off the one you have (springs are cheap). The gas block vent info is also good advise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

currently im running a vented block, but i have a non vented one i can install. Im running a standard buffer and spring non HK. I will try the gas block swap first. Are the roll pins left to right or either side for removal?

Titan Defense upper problems-img_0209.jpgTitan Defense upper problems-img_0213.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trafdeputy View Post
    currently im running a vented block, but i have a non vented one i can install. Im running a standard buffer and spring non HK. I will try the gas block swap first. Are the roll pins left to right or either side for removal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0209.JPG 
Views:	630 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	139553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0213.JPG 
Views:	571 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	139561
    There's no direction difference. After the gas block switch, try running some full power 5.56 like Privi through it. If it still chokes, you might have to drill out the gas port a tiny bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well i swapped gas blocks and was able to get two shots off before stopping. I'm guessing i will try enlarging the gas port.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At least you're making progress. The gas port size on a 10.5" barrel can go anywhere from .070 to .093", but If it's cycling at all, you probably don't need to enlarge the gas port much. A few thousands of an inch larger than it is now will probably give you reliable function.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. Not having any proper measuring tools, im guessing the next size drill bit would be enough?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links