Zenith MP5 Cocking Tube Spacer - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zenith MP5 Cocking Tube Spacer

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix Kid View Post
    I don't believe it was left in there by accident. Likely used to keep the tube centered as many people complained early on about mis-centered cocking tubes. The down side is that the gun no longer features a floating barrrel if the plug is present. Curious to see if new MKE owners have the plug present.
    My z43p has it, and the cocking tube is too short to make it into the sight tower without the plug.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My 2016 made gun has the plug as well.....

The tube seems to be centered, and protrudes well into the sight tower/tree. The plug drops right back into place with no interference......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My ATI-imported MKE doesn't have that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It really was odd. I don't know what went down.

FYI The MKE Zenith customer service guy seemed kind of stand offish. Reminded me of Century Arms.But yeah that's what they said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Checked a Z5P, no spacer as shown in first picture. With the Z43P you can see the cocking tube ends at the hanger does not make it into triple frame. On this particular gun the spacer falls right out and also has a threaded center.
    Zenith MP5 Cocking Tube Spacer-fullsizeoutput_14ad.jpegZenith MP5 Cocking Tube Spacer-fullsizeoutput_14af.jpegZenith MP5 Cocking Tube Spacer-img_2635.jpg

Edit: "Born on" date for the Z5P & Z43P is 7/2015.
    Last edited by 556x45mm; 09-01-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    NRA Benefactor - Life Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Z5rs was made in Feb. 2017 and it has the threaded spacer, my Z43p also has the threaded spacer and it was made Jan. 2016 even though I got it a couple months ago. None of the spacers fall out they seem snug. I did not try to remove the spacers I just did the high tech wiggle shake test.
    Last edited by nambu; 09-02-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would suggest taking the spacers out so your barrel can free float like they were meant to.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I just got a Z5RS and it's got the plug, took it out and the cocking tube is still perfectly centered. I guess I'll leave it out in that case. Been checking over everything and it appears immaculate and precise in every sense. Clean welds, everything straight, fit is very tight. I'm very pleased with it.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

interesting find. I'll have to check mine out when i get home, although im still not sure 100% what im looking for or at? anyone else have better pictures or include arrows? obviously my mp5 mechanical skills are lacking.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zenith MP5 Cocking Tube Spacer

Go to that cap under your front hooded iron sight. Press the indention with a pen on the side and pull off the cap. Inside there might be a little plug directly under the cocking tube cap. Take it out. If you see the cocking tube stuff with a spring a couple inches down then your Zenith does not have it in there and you have a free floating barrel like it is supposed to be.

You definitely do not want the spacer in there if the original design doesn't. Taking the spacer out allows the barrel to freely float and aids in accuracy.
    Last edited by Slytiger; 09-08-2017 at 03:34 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links