New Z-5P owner here, Would appreciate some tips and things to know about the gun.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Z-5P owner here, Would appreciate some tips and things to know about the gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New Z-5P owner here, Would appreciate some tips and things to know about the gun.

Hey HKPro community, I'm a new member on here. I pulled the trigger and ordered a Zenith Z-5P and it will be here on Monday. I would appreciate it if some of the members with experience with this gun or platform could share some knowledge and give me some tips about this beauty, all I know so far is that these guns don't seem to like the 115gr bullets, they favor the heavier loads. Thank you guys in advance, I'm VERY excited to be part of this community!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My MKE runs fine with cheap 115gr Remington FMJ. Buy some boxes of 9mm from different manufacturers and different weights. See what it likes best and keep buying that. Don't buy aluminum ammunition. Steal case seems to work fine in mine also.

Clean it, lube it and shoot it. Rinse and repeat.

Buy more magazines for it. 3 is not enough IMHO.

Enjoy it. You made a good choice.
    Last edited by Fuzzyreticle; 10-06-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

115gr shoots just fine in my Z-5P, never had an issue.

Get your Form 1 filed and SBR it. In the mean time throw one of these on there...
    https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbt5k/

Enjoy, they are a blast to shoot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shoot, clean and enjoy! SBR for sure!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Welcome!

Before shooting the first time I recommend giving it a cleaning and oiling. I recommend shooting at least a few hundred rounds of 124 first to get it broken in. It will smooth out a lot after 1000 rounds or so.

Definitely SBR it if you can. It's not really that great as a "pistol" but with a stock it is outstanding. Safety tip, watch your left hand. It's a little awkward to hold without a stock and there is not much to hold onto up front without the vertical grip. Just practice good safety rules and be aware of you muzzle at all times.

When mine comes out at the range I have guys line up behind me often wanting to shoot it.

You will need lots and lots of 9mm ammo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyreticle View Post
    My MKE runs fine with cheap 115gr Remington FMJ. Buy some boxes of 9mm from different manufacturers and different weights. See what it likes best and keep buying that. Don't buy aluminum ammunition. Steal case seems to work fine in mine also.

Clean it, lube it and shoot it. Rinse and repeat.

Buy more magazines for it. 3 is not enough IMHO.

Enjoy it. You made a good choice.
    Thank you! I was a little concerned but the gun ate everything I fed it, and I'm one of those that actually likes cleaning the gun and lubing it up lol. I'm definitely going to get a brace for it, I have one on my Ak pistol and makes the gun 1000 times better. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmcinc View Post
    Shoot, clean and enjoy! SBR for sure!
    I just got home from the range and this is definitely my new favorite! And I'm one of those people that like cleaning their guns and oiling them up, so she'll most likely last me a long long time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah mine eats 115g ammo just fine. The only thing I had to do was round the rear of the carrier. Some z5p's came with carriers that were not rounded where they meet the hammer. Meaning they are hard to charge and chew up the hammer. After 10min with a dermal tool rounding and polishing the carrier/hammer mine is now perfect. Fun as heck to shoot!

R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_hippy View Post
    Yeah mine eats 115g ammo just fine. The only thing I had to do was round the rear of the carrier. Some z5p's came with carriers that were not rounded where they meet the hammer. Meaning they are hard to charge and chew up the hammer. After 10min with a dermal tool rounding and polishing the carrier/hammer mine is now perfect. Fun as heck to shoot!

R

Yup.....slick up that radius on the underside of the rear of the carrier. as well as the sharp "sear surface" on the FA sear that MKE leaves in the guns, and you'll love it.....

I've been running mine with a steady diet of DAG/MEN 124gr, and it has never missed a beat.

Straight mags + truncated cone subsonic ammo are another story however......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I gotta catch up on the last few years and see how the 115's got a bad rap in this gun: My Z5-P has run flawlessly with everything with a round nose. FP's are so-so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links