C93 What to do?

Thread: C93 What to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default C93 What to do?

So I got a C93 in a trade with other stuff what I noticed was the 40rnd aluminum mag seats just doesn't lock in looks like the mag catch is to shallow? I read the C93 does this on MKE polymer mags but not Steel or aluminum so what I am thinking is just order an HK factory mag catch that should do it right? Also would a PTR91 grip housing work woth a C93 Trigger group?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 31STMEUSOC View Post
    So I got a C93 in a trade with other stuff what I noticed was the 40rnd aluminum mag seats just doesn't lock in looks like the mag catch is to shallow? I read the C93 does this on MKE polymer mags but not Steel or aluminum so what I am thinking is just order an HK factory mag catch that should do it right? Also would a PTR91 grip housing work woth a C93 Trigger group?
    Not sure on the mag issue. All 3 of the C93's I've had locked up perfectly with steel and aluminum mags, but refused to take the ProMag polymer ones (but I managed to get a good enough deal on a decent quantity of the Malaysian 40 round mags that I haven't bothered messing with it further... other than selling off my ProMag mags).

But, as to the second question, no, a PTR91 trigger housing probably won't work. The PTR91, like the original HK91, has 2 pins holding the stock in place, rather than 1, like the HK33. My 2 PTRs and all the other PTRs I've seen, come with trigger housings that have the 2 pin holes behind the grip. So, while you can use an HK33 grip housing (or an MP5 grip housing for that matter) on an HK91 type rifle, you can't go the other way (if it has the extended length for the double pins).

HK91 trigger housing

HK33 trigger housing

But, luckily, there are tons of different options of trigger housings out there, so you'll still have plenty to choose from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, the PTR grip with double pin holes will work if you trim it to single hole like shown on hk33 grip frame. My 2 cents. Go on youtube, to view promag alterations to your mags with dremel to fix seating issues. Promags for $14 bucks beats $68 and up for original k mags. Good luck

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pull C93 mag catch out and dremel the edges ever so slightly, is a fix as well for the factory HK mags. You need to make sure you trim the appropriate edge on the mag catch for proper fitment in your mags. Cheap fix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 31STMEUSOC View Post
    Both of my C93's fit the aluminum 40's just fine, neither firearms would lock the HK steel 30's and the MKE's (polymer) won't fit at all in the mag well.

What I found on both of mine was a little excess weld and material on the rear (inside) of the magwell where they welded in the semi auto shelf. I was able to carefully file it down and now the HK 30's fit as well as the aluminum 40's. The excess material was preventing the mag from rocking all the way back to lock.
    MKE's aren't close to fitting so not going to try and make them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just cut the tail off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I have in the last few days picked up some of the tech stuff one was clipped and pinned lol its fun learning new gun stuff built 1911,AR15,AK,AK74 and Uzi anyway going to refinish her thinking Matte black gun coat ? I ordered a HK new mag catch might as well I was looking at the one on mine and I think it's a HK91 catch looking at my friends to compare it and mine seems a bit larger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My feeling is just because it's a cheap gun doesn't mean keep putting cheap parts in it so I am replacing some things without screwing the 922r thing lol such a dumb law that needs to be repealed!

Sponsored Links