Building an HK53 pistol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Building an HK53 pistol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Building an HK53 pistol

Not really sure where to post this.....

Hey guys. So, I'm currently getting ready to start in on my first HK build. A HK53.

I picked up the barreled front end and a BCG from Apex awhile back when they were on sale. First off, these are from Demilled Century C93 Pistols. So they're not the best. the BCG is a modified HK33 carrier so it has the built in buffer.

NOW, I have a couple questions.

I picked up a HK33 cocking tube support for about 30 bucks with a g3 flash hider.

1: What is the correct length I need to cut off the back end of it to work?

2: Is there a specific way to weld on the rear stock pin bushing onto the receiver?

3: where do I need to cut the receiver to get the correct spacing for the cocking tube?

I currently have a flat bending jig I got second hand and from what I can tell, I have everything except the larger (starting?) rod. the jig is the one that is double sided. one end has a smaller opening than the other. it also came with no instruction, but I've pretty much been able to figure it out via youtube.

4: Would I be G.T.G. with just using the main pressing rod to bend the flat?

5: Would I be okay with cutting the tab off the buffer in order to use a SB tac side folding brace?

I Already have a Flat (hkparts.net) that I'm going to bend and I've already demilled the front end so I now have a barreled and populated front trunnion and I was able to save the cocking tube as well.

Thanks Guys!

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jik294 View Post
    Not really sure where to post this.....

Hey guys. So, I'm currently getting ready to start in on my first HK build. A HK53.

I picked up the barreled front end and a BCG from Apex awhile back when they were on sale. First off, these are from Demilled Century C93 Pistols. So they're not the best. the BCG is a modified HK33 carrier so it has the built in buffer.
    Why would someone demill a Century C93 pistol? The whole C93 project was a total disaster. Who would want to build on that mess? I could understand demilling military weapons to allow importation, but demilling a Century abortion? They should have been melted. GARY

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would start with known quality components. Scrap the century front end. Use RCM barrel, bolt group instead. Find a german trunion or use RCM. Or consider buying a MKE AT43 pistol, send to TPM and have it converted to 53.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
    Why would someone demill a Century C93 pistol? The whole C93 project was a total disaster. Who would want to build on that mess? I could understand demilling military weapons to allow importation, but demilling a Century abortion? They should have been melted. GARY
    Century cut up unsold / defective C-93's and Apex sold the front ends.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, I already have the parts and I've already committed to this project. So, it's going to get built.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, I already have the parts and I've already committed to this project. So, it's going to get built.
    Good luck building on Century SCRAP. GARY

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

cool story, bro, care to tell it again?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
    Good luck building on Century SCRAP. GARY
    Wow you really told jik294. You fit the HK snob perfectly. Leave the guy alone, any competent fabricator can build an HK.

@jik294 the larger bar is to fix out of spec G3 flats. You probably wont need it.
    MtnRider likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

cool story, bro, care to tell it again?
    Just my nickel take it for what its worth, you do know this is not anywhere close to building an AR15 right? Your asking questions that probably wont get many answers the guys that do have the answers are probably in business to sell roller locks...........but if you do build it pls take a video of you shooting it first time or better yet have someone take the video and pls have them post it on here. Good luck
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

caf82313, Yeah I know. I've built several AR's, messed a little with AK's and HK's. but I've never groundup built an HK, so I decided I wanted to learn something new. It's something I have extreme confidence in doing.

There is surprisingly little I've found about building an HK53. So I've been taking a lot of pictures throughout the process and plan on posting everything when I get done.

Thanks NoScoE30!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links