HKPRO Forums banner

It's Official! The NEW PTR 9mm!!!

56K views 137 replies 60 participants last post by  lionhart 
#1 · (Edited)

After two years of development, we are proud to offer two new models to the PTR lineup chambered in 9mm! The eagerly anticipated 9C & 9CT have all of the characteristics you come to expect from our roller-delayed blowback firearms. Each model sports an 8.86-inch 3-lug barrel (threaded on the 9CT model), M-LOK handguard and a precision-welded optics rail allowing the shooter to easily add accessories.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
This is interesting, although I am surprised at the idea it took PTR two years of development given their experience with roller-locked platforms and the knowledge that has come with a flourishing clone market in recent years. Hopefully is has an F/A spec carrier in it. I am not interested in sending my money to Turkey or Pakistan, so a U.S. made option is appreciated.

#14 ·
Personally, I would say that many would regard the likely quality as far higher potentially, US made versus Pakistan or Turkey. And to those that want to go down the path of arguing "HK licensed" versus "US clone" - sorry, not interested - I am just offering that as a possible reason and nothing more.

In addition, I also think that like GPSig said, where the Zenith and POF are made, in the context of world politics and all, is a pretty big thing to a lot of people who have no interest in sending their money to the government of either country.

#13 ·
Initial reactions are:
1. They missed the price point for many... we already have $1900 clones.
Ditch the hard case, bungee sling, sight tool, use a wide plastic handguard and bring the price down to POF prices.

2. The welded welded rail is too short.

3. There is no need for this to be two models, should have only offered the CT model as it does both 3 lug and threaded.

#16 · (Edited)
I was really looking forward to this, but not at that price. I guess the Swiss are getting my money this year for the B&T GHM9 for $600 less.

At least it's original and not a clone.

#18 ·
Let's see... I can buy a PTR91 A3S for $975, and they're entering an already well-served market of 9mm roller-locked pistols at nearly a grand more than their rifle...

...and several, several hundred dollars more than the competition?

I think the "two years of development" is where they got their pricing from: two years ago. :biggrin:

#19 ·
That case is rendered useless if you put a side folder on it. Unless maybe you can flip the foam. That was pretty boneheaded. I was waiting for these to drop, too, but at that price I'll keep hoping for a genuine HK to pop out of that shiny new factory.

#25 ·
Mark

It's very close to the others but does seem a little short? It could be optical illusion due to type of hand-guard compared to original.

It looks nice and is assembled in American unaware if parts our made here or not? If so awesome' and if their quality is as good as RCM then your hitting a home run!

Price point is 2 years ago'

#26 ·
I'm with most of the group.

Overpriced.

$1200, use a poly forend and lose the junk it comes with that nobody want to pay for.

If they can make a profit on the .308 in the $800-900 PP, $1200-1300 should be no problem for a 9mm.

I predict slow sales on this item.

Love the options coming to market, but Joe Six Pack ain't gonna be buying at the $2k price point with shipping and transfer, sales tax in some places.

YMMV.

#27 ·
I like the fact it has a nitride treated barrel, and that's a great step in the right direction for PTR. I'm still not particularly fond of the short rail though, and hopefully, future models will feature more real estate, and of course models without the rail for those who like the clean, MP5 look.

#29 ·
Still don't know why HK sits back and watches this stuff take there money. Come on SP5 or Mr556 pistols hello McFly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.