GSG9 (the company, NOT the Grenzschutzgruppe 9) working on an MP7 in 5.7? - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: GSG9 (the company, NOT the Grenzschutzgruppe 9) working on an MP7 in 5.7?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default GSG9 (the company, NOT the Grenzschutzgruppe 9) working on an MP7 in 5.7?

I think the focus is to sell/bid on defense contracts for them. Todd is not the only investor in the company so negative press in the civilian world is still negative press. Címon guys, Had this was anyone else... some guys at HKpro would be more encouraging. We got the G36 and itís backed by Tommy but sadly some people still complained and came straight to the forum to post instead of contacting Tommy regarding some of the issues.

Iím speaking strictly as the devilís advocate and Iím trying to be optimistic about future weapons but man some people really need to take a step back and consider other variables.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 07-23-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    Nzfly likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    I think the focus is to sell/bid on defense contracts for them as Todd is not the only investor the company so negative press in the civilian world is still negative press. C’mon guys, Had this was anyone else... some guys at HKpro would be more encouraging. We got the G36 and it’s backed by Tommy but sadly some people still complained and came straight to the forum to post instead of contacting Tommy regarding some of the issues.

I’m speaking strictly as the devil’s advocate and I’m trying to be optimistic about future weapons but man some people really need to take a step back and consider other variables.
    I agree. Some will complain because that is all they have to do. Rather than put in the effort and step outside of a comfort zone to create an opportunity, they will play it “safe,” never sticking their necks out. This keeps themselves safe from criticism. If Todd has other opportunities then why on earth would he waste his time on trying to appease complainers? At least the other contracts are actively saying they want his products.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    I agree. Some will complain because that is all they have to do. Rather than put in the effort and step outside of a comfort zone to create an opportunity, they will play it “safe,” never sticking their necks out. This keeps themselves safe from criticism. If Todd has other opportunities then why on earth would he waste his time on trying to appease complainers? At least the other contracts are actively saying they want his products.
    Exactly and less people are likely to do things especially when it's a small operation. Forums can be the best and worst thing for this very reason.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Manufacturing a firearm design (beyond a one-off) is no mean feat. Changing the caliber? That's a different ballgame. Even if it takes a while, I want an MP7 dammit. I want to believe
    Nzfly likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
    Yup, same thing in the UK. There are various Armed officers around london that I came across that carried semi auto only mp5's, G36c's, and mp7's. (see attached tiny photo) They all exist but muh 922r and muh other violations of the 2a via presidential order.

Attachment 210300
    Hah, I was just there (Royal Horseguards) 2 days ago and saw the same thing. I thought about asking the officers how they liked the swap from the MP5 to the MP7, but itís been my experience that non-American (and even a lot of American) police do not seem to enjoy discussing firearms with random tourists.

I guess the gun culture isnít really the same outside the states.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Just for my own info- other than the recoil rod being a hair too long, what are the other issues with their G36 parts?
    I bought a gsg9 kit and the a couple parts needed minor fitting, recoil rod, mag well, rivet on the bolt carrier handle the cam pin on the carrier. I sent mine back to Tommy and it was literally ready for FedEx to pick it up (for return shipment) about 2 hours after the noticed said it was delivered. The furniture fits correctly holes all line up pins go in and out by hand not rattling no supper snug fit I am confident it will run correctly the gun is awesome.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

911TT

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Does anyone know if I can buy parts from GSG directly?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkduder View Post
    I don’t believe so. Depending on what you want, you can get them from hkparts or Tom bostic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkduder View Post
    they have a site up and last time I was there (2 weeks or so ago) they had flip up sights and a g36c picattiny handguard and that was it. Site address is same as their name iirc.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
    they have a site up and last time I was there (2 weeks or so ago) they had flip up sights and a g36c picattiny handguard and that was it. Site address is same as their name iirc.
    Awesome! What is the actual address if you don’t mind. I could not find it under gsg9.com or gsg9.net

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links