Gone a while...now Iím back...with a PTR91 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Gone a while...now Iím back...with a PTR91

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If your charging handle has the plastic covering and the small hole, try hooking your sling to it to afford an easier time with it.

Grab & pull the sling. I learned this trick from a retired German Colonel, and I've noticed that be the way the Greek army does it, too.

If you get the bolt & carrier locked when out of the gun, don't argue with it; just insert it backwards and it will pop apart easily.

Dennis
    Last edited by Conelrad; 03-03-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    cat91 likes this.
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How was the accuracy ?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cat91 View Post
    Iím trying not to when I can budge it. I played with it again tonight and managed to charge it properly. Unlocked it, then gave a sharp yank to start it moving and then momentum does the rest. It unlocks smooth as silk, itís just getting it over the hammer thatís hard. Now Iím sure itíll loosen up when I start shooting it.

Yíall can tell the AR fanbois that even a 55 year old soccer mom can rack a G3 ;) . At least sometimes.
    Congrats. I sponsor these guys/girls and Manca slaps it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xxchODcJY

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasonGui View Post
    How was the accuracy ?
    I haven’t been able to get to the range yet. I did break it down today to clean it, and I’m thanking God I went to HKParts first and bought the bolt tool. It was a lifesaver. Scored three old HK steel magazines at the local gun show today, too. That makes me happy-I have 11 aluminum ones but if I bang one up I’ll have these.

Farmer brown, I watched the video Manca did and I’m impressed, she can handle the rifle well.
    farmerbrown likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasonGui View Post
    How was the accuracy ?
    My PTR91 is very accurate. I love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to confess that I one of the original JLD PTR-91s that I bought new years ago that I still havenít fired. At first, I was concerned it might be so old it would have the soft trunion but Uli (SP) told me I was absolutely good to go. However, it still sits in the vault looking very Teutonic by the A-2 AR-15 wondering if I will ever take it out to shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BB61 View Post
    I have to confess that I one of the original JLD PTR-91s that I bought new years ago that I still haven’t fired. At first, I was concerned it might be so old it would have the soft trunion but Uli (SP) told me I was absolutely good to go. However, it still sits in the vault looking very Teutonic by the A-2 AR-15 wondering if I will ever take it out to shoot.
    WHAT!?! that is unacceptable! Go to the range asap and use that thing man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enkrypted View Post
    WHAT!?! that is unacceptable! Go to the range asap and use that thing man!
    I know, I know. Believe it or not, it’s not the only HK I have that I’ve never fired. I’d feel really guilty but my nephew has a GI PTR tht is fun to shoot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links