Zenith Z5K to Z5P Barrel Swap?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zenith Z5K to Z5P Barrel Swap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zenith Z5K to Z5P Barrel Swap?

Has anyone done this? I want to be able to use a suppressor down the road... what is the process? Would I just need to buy a barrel and have someone press it in? Do i need a new trunion? Thanks!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes, you would need to get a PDW barrel. Real ones are practically what is called "unobtainium" and if found usually more than $3k.
    However, a B&T PDW can be had from HKParts.net for something between 400 and 500 the last time I looked and RCM for a couple hundred
    less I think. I don't think that you would need a new trunion although they can wear out but one would have to shoot an awful lot of rounds
    before that happens, I think. More than that though you would need the patience of Jobe. Sent an HK 94 out in October to have the barrel
    pulled and some engraving done. I will get it back on March 7th -- a good 5 months.

Good Luck on your project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K...M-152p1764.htm would this be ok? I don't understand the massive variance in prices....

It's just a matter of hammering out the barrel pin, then pressing out the old barrel, press in the new one, and put in the new barrel pin and attach the front post (cant remember the name) and all set?

I also noticed my current barrel is not fluted on my Z5K... so a new barrel would probably be fluted... is that a good thing or cause for concern? Thanks!
    Last edited by enkrypted; 03-03-2018 at 05:20 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Honestly you might be better off selling the gun unless you have registered it as a sbr and buy the model with the other barrel. A lot of smiths are going to charge over 250 bucks to do a barrel swap on one and headspace. Add in a US made barrel or a B&T and you will coming out worst than if you just sold the gun and bought a new one.

As for price. B&T is a real HK supplier and their swiss barrels should actually be made to HK's spec, something to US makers can't really claim. It should be a higher quality barrel.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Honestly you might be better off selling the gun unless you have registered it as a sbr and buy the model with the other barrel. A lot of smiths are going to charge over 250 bucks to do a barrel swap on one and headspace. Add in a US made barrel or a B&T and you will coming out worst than if you just sold the gun and bought a new one.

As for price. B&T is a real HK supplier and their swiss barrels should actually be made to HK's spec, something to US makers can't really claim. It should be a higher quality barrel.
    Agree on all points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just can’t see how this swap would be worth it. Sell the Z-5K and get the Z-5P. Or swap in an SD barrel for a unique gun

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    Agree on all points.

+ 1.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rodfarva View Post
    I just can’t see how this swap would be worth it. Sell the Z-5K and get the Z-5P. Or swap in an SD barrel for a unique gun
    Which barrel is that - SD?

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Zenith's custom shop can do the work for you. Contact our customer service.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rodfarva View Post
    Yup, easiest path is is to sell the K and buy a P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links