Zenith 43p and SB Tactical
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Zenith 43p and SB Tactical

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Zenith 43p and SB Tactical

    I'm sorry if I missed the answer, but my search didn't turn up what I needed to know. I just received the SB Tactical brace for the Z43P from Zenith and have severe reservations about using it.

    The little blue H buffer seems woefully thin. More worryingly, there is an Allen screw that holds the buffer in that would surely make contact with the bolt as the action cycles. Is this actually safe to use? This version of the brace has the aluminum housing and rubberish "stock" portion.

    I can't imagine that this brace wouldn't damage the bolt as it looks as though it would impact the firing pin or bolt as it cycles. Should I just sell/return it and go the route of adding an extended FH and fixed stock?

  2. #2
    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2001
    Location : Cary
    Posts : 72
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't blame you for your concern. That buffer seems adequate for 9... but I would expect a different setup from SB for 5.56

  3. #3
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Javier's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2006
    Posts : 1,832
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Sell me your scope mount rail! Please!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    I'm sorry if I missed the answer, but my search didn't turn up what I needed to know. I just received the SB Tactical brace for the Z43P from Zenith and have severe reservations about using it.

    The little blue H buffer seems woefully thin. More worryingly, there is an Allen screw that holds the buffer in that would surely make contact with the bolt as the action cycles. Is this actually safe to use? This version of the brace has the aluminum housing and rubberish "stock" portion.

    I can't imagine that this brace wouldn't damage the bolt as it looks as though it would impact the firing pin or bolt as it cycles. Should I just sell/return it and go the route of adding an extended FH and fixed stock?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I contacted zenith about using the brace (the old version) and they said they have run thousands and thousands of rounds using them with no issue. I'll be sure and show them that email if it ever breaks.


    .

  6. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnRider View Post
    I contacted zenith about using the brace (the old version) and they said they have run thousands and thousands of rounds using them with no issue. I'll be sure and show them that email if it ever breaks.


    .
    I wonder if they shot those thousands of rounds through it with the brace shouldered...

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    I wonder if they shot those thousands of rounds through it with the brace shouldered...
    I was thinking the same thing. Hard to not shoot it shouldered though so would hope they did?

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •