A3 Retractable Stock Refinishing?

Thread: A3 Retractable Stock Refinishing?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default A3 Retractable Stock Refinishing?

Iím interested in having an A3F retractable stock refinished, anyone have any recommendations?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Gunplumber. He did mine years ago. GARY

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

TSC Machine did an a3 stock for me on a hk94 he converted to a semi auto mp5. Turned out really nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe111Black View Post
    Iím interested in having an A3F retractable stock refinished, anyone have any recommendations?
    Hey, no matter who you go with, can you do some before and after pics please? Kind of curious about how it will come out and go.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    Hey, no matter who you go with, can you do some before and after pics please? Kind of curious about how it will come out and go.
    I can do that, although mine may not be the best example of a before and after. It’s actually not too bad, minor scuffs mostly on the rails. I just want it to be perfect.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I can do that, although mine may not be the best example of a before and after. Itís actually not too bad, minor scuffs mostly on the rails. I just want it to be perfect.
    After you install it, don't ever retract it or you'll be right back to "minor scuffs". An A3 collapsible stock that you will never collapse... Lol.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickj1nd View Post
    After you install it, don't ever retract it or you'll be right back to "minor scuffs". An A3 collapsible stock that you will never collapse... Lol.
    I figure, that. Funny thing is that scuffs and scratches don’t bother as long as long as I’m the one causing them....weird I know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I figure, that. Funny thing is that scuffs and scratches donít bother as long as long as Iím the one causing them....weird I know.
    Wierd?... Nah.
    Some guys keep everything lookin' like a "Safe Queen" and some guys take a new gun and send it out for a "Battle Worn" finish. Guns are like women... Everyone's got their own idea about what the "perfect" one is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only aesthetics problem with my A3 stocks are the rails. Looks horrible compared to the rest of the firearm.

Has anybody nitrated just the rails? I'm sure it looks fine. How is the durability? Anybody know who performs this task and how much? Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have owned my MP5 clone for a number of years now. Early on, I purchased a POF retractable stock for it. The finish work(paint) on it was less than desirable, but it fit and functioned just fine. The rails looked awful after minimal use. At the time, I had a very good friend that owned a powder painting business. I took my stock apart and took him just the buttstock with the rails. I taped off everything except the outer surface of the rails. He powder painted them in satin black. They turned out great, and have held up 100%. I was really surprised how well they have held up. I do keep them lightly lubed to help them function smoothly. Just a thought.

Sponsored Links