Vector V93 Pistol?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Vector V93 Pistol?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Vector V93 Pistol?

Was wondering what you all might be able to tell me about this Pistol at my LGS. After googling around it looks like V93 guns are rifles and V53 guns are pistols.

Maybe this is a really early example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, looks like a V53 pistol. Wonder if someone erroneously grabbed a V93 rifle receiver and before they noticed, it had already become a pistol!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Be careful if you are thinking about buying one.

Four of my friends each had V53 pistols (4 total), and all of them could not be sighted in properly.

Although the run well, the sites were all off and could not be corrected. The best you can get them sighted in, at 100 yards, they will shoot 2 to 3 feet off target.

Seems like Vector does not do a proper job when welding the guns together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
    Yeah, looks like a V53 pistol. Wonder if someone erroneously grabbed a V93 rifle receiver and before they noticed, it had already become a pistol!?
    That’s what got me scratching my head

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mine was marked v93 as well. It's been at Vector since October for Warranty work. I have called in January and was told it was almost done. But since then they won't answer the phone. I have 7 other vectors with no issues. But this last 1 has been trying. Hopefully I get it back soon. If not I guess atf will need to get involved. If that's a old 1 it should run good. My pistol was similar to 1 of the above where it shoot way off to 1 side beyond adjustment. 2 of my other 93s from them are spot on.wish they would still make them like they did years ago.
    lynyrd65 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss710 View Post
    Mine was marked v93 as well. It's been at Vector since October for Warranty work. I have called in January and was told it was almost done. But since then they won't answer the phone. I have 7 other vectors with no issues. But this last 1 has been trying. Hopefully I get it back soon. If not I guess atf will need to get involved. If that's a old 1 it should run good. My pistol was similar to 1 of the above where it shoot way off to 1 side beyond adjustment. 2 of my other 93s from them are spot on.wish they would still make them like they did years ago.
    That’s good to hear.

I was afraid this might have started life as a Long Rifle then converted to an SBR and back to a pistol to sell (a real no no per the ATF).

I guess the FFL should probably know either way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

lynyrd65,

If the ffl did not get the piece directly from Vector, I doubt they will have any better idea than you. Now, if they are a long time dealer in Vectors, they may know some history. Like maybe Vector called the pistol "V93" in the beginning and then changed to V53 to avoid confusion?? I do not have much Vector history so I am just speculating.

On the canted cocking tubes and inability to get on target at 100 yards. I have seen this now in one Vector, one Century and one PTR. Seems these guys start building these things, without all the appropriate jigs or QC and pass them off. They may function, but can you get the irons on target? Hence my first Vector V53 having an ACOG on it. I know now, before buying one of these clones, remove the hand guard and look down the cocking tube, and along the top of the receiver. Flip it upside down and do the same for the barrel and receiver. If it looks to be "bent", then better to pass on that gun.
    lynyrd65 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lynyrd65,

If the ffl did not get the piece directly from Vector, I doubt they will have any better idea than you. Now, if they are a long time dealer in Vectors, they may know some history. Like maybe Vector called the pistol "V93" in the beginning and then changed to V53 to avoid confusion?? I do not have much Vector history so I am just speculating.

On the canted cocking tubes and inability to get on target at 100 yards. I have seen this now in one Vector, one Century and one PTR. Seems these guys start building these things, without all the appropriate jigs or QC and pass them off. They may function, but can you get the irons on target? Hence my first Vector V53 having an ACOG on it. I know now, before buying one of these clones, remove the hand guard and look down the cocking tube, and along the top of the receiver. Flip it upside down and do the same for the barrel and receiver. If it looks to be "bent", then better to pass on that gun.
    We shall see. I did end up buying it.

On my first quick go over it looks ok.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Congrats man. I hesitated big time on getting one of these (V53 style) pistols. Now that I have one, I LOVE it and I know what to look for before buying. Mine has a canted triple tree. It sucks, but I can live with it as it also has an ACOG Reflex on it, so that will basically cover up my issue. I figure the gun is good for 100 yards.

There are several pistols like these on GB at the moment and in both cases, I asked the sellers to remove the hand guard and photograph down the receiver and across the cocking tube and flip the pistol and do the same along the barrel. The Vector on line look straight, but he wants $1799.00!! The Century has what looks like a straight barrel, but the cocking tube does look canted to the right. It may be ok, because the sight itself or the triple tree appears to be fairly vertical. May be worth the chance? Especially if I want to have Ghillie rebarrel into a .300 Blk Out anyway. :-)

BTW, let me ask you. Is your mag well tight? I noticed in one of your photos that there appears to be a lot of wear on the inside left mag well wall. Mine is the same way. Mags are just really tight. I have contemplated some sort of spreading operation to see if I can ease insertion just a bit. Extraction is same issue.
    Last edited by Crackerjack; 04-04-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    lynyrd65 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW, let me ask you. Is your mag well tight? I noticed in one of your photos that there appears to be a lot of wear on the inside left mag well wall. Mine is the same way. Mags are just really tight. I have contemplated some sort of spreading operation to see if I can ease insertion just a bit. Extraction is same issue.
    Thanks! I’m hugely excited for it. I had been looking online at c93 pistols and Vectors. After seeing MachineGunMike’s video online of the real deal HK53, I just had to have one.

Like you said though prices were way high. Amid all of that online shopping I just happened to see this V93 pistol at my LGS and felt like it was meant to be. I hesitated at first myself given all the wear and oddball model labeling but for the price it seemed like I couldn’t let it go ($999).

It’s on lay away for the moment and I’ve been paying it off slowly so I won’t be able to check that magwell thoroughly for a month or so. Of course, I may just lose all self control and dip into my savings to get it out of there quicker. Hopefully not, but you never know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links