Finally joined the clone crowd - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Finally joined the clone crowd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 31STMEUSOC View Post
    I want one sooooooooooooo freaking bad seriously jealous!
    Me too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Personally I first got a sp5k and had a b&t barrel and paddle mag installed. After that I also picked up a z5rs. Shortly after I ended up deciding I wanted the real hk guns so I bought two hk94s and had tsc make me a mp5n and a mp5sd out of them(both still waiting on form 4's sadly). I will say the zenith feels good, it just isn't as nice as the real hk94s.
    Considering that a good many readers here (clones) probably would be hard pressed to justify HK prices (along with their rent/mortgage children, school loans, car payments, etc.), I would say that Zenith, POF and PTR give us a GREAT alternative at a far more affordable price point we can achieve; now, today, before we are in an Old Folks Home.

I have a POF MP5 that I absolutely love. It has been 100% reliable, accurate and I don't notice the lack of "made in Germany" when I am slinging lead down range.

:-)
    Last edited by Crackerjack; 04-12-2018 at 02:44 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My uncle used to have an HK91 and I am old enough to remember HK’s golden age and know who the real author of awesome Tactickle Operator Guns are. All the gun magazines used to have scuba gear seal looking guys with MP5’s and all.

MyFFL has a full auto HK MP5 and I think a full auto HK 93. I compared my Zenith next to the HK MP5 and physically they were identical side by side.

Not saying that the HK isn’t more desirable being full auto but you got to think that the Turkish guns are nice as hell and almost the same standards as a European military factory.

Plus the Zeniths are completely fully semi automatic.

I think my next insane gun purchase will be that MP5K from Zenith. They are a little small for me but I like the full size better but I know I’d be happy to get the K model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
    Considering that a good many readers here (clones) probably would be hard pressed to justify HK prices (along with their rent/mortgage children, school loans, car payments, etc.), I would say that Zenith, POF and PTR give us a GREAT alternative at a far more affordable price point we can achieve; now, today, before we are in an Old Folks Home.

I have a POF MP5 that I absolutely love. It has been 100% reliable, accurate and I don't notice the lack of "made in Germany" when I am slinging lead down range.

:-)
    I’d get a POF. I’d risk it for a greasy finish and mildly canted sights. The only thing i heard negative about POF is that many investors drop around 1 million to get those imported and a time back many of the POF MP5’s were rejected making the investor lose money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll take a zenith over a cz scorpion or a sig mpx. If it's an hk I'd go for that just on pedigree alone if you can get it for the right price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Z43 P and Z5 RS. I have a fair amount of experience shooting actual HKs in these calibers. The only difference that bugs me, just a little, is the Zenith guns have a "rougher" feel when retracting the cocking handle. Has anyone else noticed this? Gives a hoot about it? Found a fix? Function wise the Zenith guns are top notch and provide a less expensive, reliable and available option for HK enthusiasts.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunfrog View Post
    I have the Z43 P and Z5 RS. I have a fair amount of experience shooting actual HKs in these calibers. The only difference that bugs me, just a little, is the Zenith guns have a "rougher" feel when retracting the cocking handle. Has anyone else noticed this? Gives a hoot about it? Found a fix? Function wise the Zenith guns are top notch and provide a less expensive, reliable and available option for HK enthusiasts.
    Buffing the leading edge on the bottom, back of the carrier to a small smooth radius can help immensely. That area is in constant contact with the hammer as you are cycling the cocking handle and is responsible for a fair amount of that "rougher" feel you noted. The Zenith carriers are pretty "sharp" in that area.
    gunfrog and 406jumper like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickj1nd View Post
    Buffing the leading edge on the bottom, back of the carrier to a small smooth radius can help immensely. That area is in constant contact with the hammer as you are cycling the cocking handle and is responsible for a fair amount of that "rougher" feel you noted. The Zenith carriers are pretty "sharp" in that area.
    Top Notch! Makes sense, thank you rickj1nd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links