PTR91 K3P Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PTR91 K3P Review

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR91 K3P Review

I got this PTR91 K3P PDW the other day through Atlantic Firearms. I want to first thank Atlantic Firearms for hooking me up and contributing to my addiction!!

This model is based on the G-3KA4 that was mostly used by the United Kingdom and British SAS. I got turned onto roller delayed blowbacks by being a child of the 80ís and playing too much Rainbow 6 Siege.

It has been said that before the FN SCAR came out, the G-3K was probably one of the most capable rifles HK ever made. This model has a shorter barrel at 12.5 or 12.7 inches and is chambered in 308. You would not believe the barrel is this short because the HK roller delayed blowback series has a trunnion and fluted chamber that protrudes from the receiver. This gives the illusion that the rifle has a longer barrel than it does. The barrel on the K3P looks about as long as an AK style rifle barrel.

The G-3K clones used to cost a man a lot of money to have built. Thanks to Atlantic Firearms people do not have to shred up collectible HK91ís or create frankenguns out of hard to source parts. I consider it a blessing to be able to order one of these. I feel we have a lot to thank Atlantic Firearms for with their exclusives and imports of roller delayed blowbacks in this glorious era of American gun ownership.

I have a Zenith Z5rs and a PTR91 GI R. So far I like the K3P a lot better than the full size PTR for several reasons. The biggest reason is that this pistol is destined to become an SBR. The advantages of this Atlantic Firearms exclusive is that it can accept a standard Hk91 or PTR91 stock if you do your tax stamp NFA paperwork and get approved.

I prefer the weight reduction in and ease of manipulating the selector switch that the polymer trigger house proves me over the metal lower on the classic models.

If you notice, the Barrel seems thicker and does not have an extreme taper like the longer models. This should provide a more rigid barrel that can be more consistent when the barrel heats up from shooting.

The handguards are the same handguards that the 5.56 HK33 and HK93 would use. They are actually shorter than the standard HK91ís wide handguards. These handguards have a slight black sparkly blacker speckle in the polymer, but are actually quite nice.

One other thing I like over the standard PTR91 is that the finish on the K3P is that nice flat black that is seen on Arsenal and Vepr AKís and Zenith military style rifles. I prefer the black on these weapons over the grey.

I need to do some Accuracy testing. When I do Iíll post the results on this thread. Iíll also post any issues or anything if they come up. So far so good. It looked just as fancy as my Zenith which is fantastic.

Things to note:

1.This rifle can accept the full size stocks.

2. This pistol is based on an actual model that was made and was the shortest version in 308.

3. The end cap on this pistol can be made to take an AR tube or a brace.
    https://youtu.be/8ftUBVimng8

4. This pistol handles much better than the longer version and I would consider this pistol in SBR form to be capable of being the ultimate SHTF death machine.

5. You cannot do the HK slap if you put a gigantic scope on any of the common roller delayed blowback models.

6. In order to fully enjoy this then you must pay the 200$ government extortion fees.
    Last edited by Slytiger; 04-10-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    sdx, lionhart and Fade2Blk like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Great looking PTR OP! Looks almost like mine, and I love it! Hopefully my stamp arrives soon!
    Slytiger likes this.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

GREAT REVIEW and thanks for the many photos!!! What was the cost? Were "hop ups" (top rail, etc) extra?
    Slytiger likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Very nice pistol and setup--- thanks for the pics and excellent review!!!

Tony
    Slytiger likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR91 K3P Review

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    GREAT REVIEW and thanks for the many photos!!! What was the cost? Were "hop ups" (top rail, etc) extra?
    Thanks everyone! It was about 1,200$ give or take. I tried to get one without the welded scope rail but most PTRís include the welded rail.

Yes, this pistol would make a phenomenal rifle. Especially with a Retractable stock and an Eotech it ACOG. It is my favorite large pistol and has better range and hits harder than a 7.62 Kalashnikov. Many European police still use the G-3K and it is in the current British arsenal.

Ole Sgt Abraham Ford uses a little bit shorter version.
    Last edited by Slytiger; 04-10-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice write-up.

Do they make a "brace" for the HK style .308 weapons? Save yourself $200 that way.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

With the tail cap that takes AR buffer tubes, you would just install your own pistol buffer and then your choice of rubber brace.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I saw a g3k (with retractable stock) in the hands of the federal police out in Alicante, Spain last year and it just renewed my desire for the rifle I have wanted since the early 90ís. Very cool gun! Congrats on your purchase and thank you for the review and pics.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can still count my hk's with one hand....I just gotta start over once or twice.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2015 View Post
    I saw a g3k (with retractable stock) in the hands of the federal police out in Alicante, Spain last year and it just renewed my desire for the rifle I have wanted since the early 90ís. Very cool gun! Congrats on your purchase and thank you for the review and pics.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks everyone! Those new SB tactical braces can be slapped on standard AR tubes now. However, I do not want to go that route permanently. People cobble up collectible Retractable stocks and install tailhook braces. I believe that soon eventually someone will make a brace that does not require people to ruin their stocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool review, cool rifle....er, pistol.

SBR that thing!

Jeff
    "Never say Never"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links