PTR MP5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PTR MP5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony
    Thank you sir. Lots of valuable info here. I look forward to joining the club!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Dear PTR,

Keep all the crap.

Give us a barrelled upper and BCG.

We'll take it from there.

Sincerely,

The HKPro Crew
    "Amat victoria curam"

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Dear PTR,

Keep all the crap.

Give us a barrelled upper and BCG.

We'll take it from there.

Sincerely,

The HKPro Crew
    Keep the rail too. GARY

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

We have floated the idea by PTR a few times about offering a barreled upper on their product lines but no luck thus far . Despite some of you not liking this or that about the PTR 9CT models it is good to see another Roller lock option offered . We have extensively torture tested the PTR 9 series of pistols in both semi and full auto and they have not skipped a beat. They are also 922R complaint right out of the box for those who want to SBR and Sear read for NFA Pack owners.

The_Great_308 and Speedy2015 like this.
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome and congrats on your PTR and first post, what a way to start off! I think my first post was asking for help getting my HK91 bolt carrier free after shooting some substandard ammo. I was very interested to see some actual owner pics after receiving the Atlantic email the other day. PTR has always done a good job with their 91's, and this looks to be right in line with them. Those welds are top notch, and the finish looks very "HK quality" as well. There are some tempting features to the PTR, full auto BCG, 922 compliant, good brace included, pic rail, M-Lok handguard, not to mention the paddle mag release. All of those would add $$ to the base purchase, so it's not a bad deal actually. While it may not be the perfect combo for everyone, I think PTR did a better job than most of putting together a package that a wide range of HK fans will enjoy right out of the box. Hope to see MAC do his thorough review soon, as well as from other HK Pro members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am taking my PTR 9ct to be SBR engraved next week. I really like it despite some parts being obnoxiously tight. The rear take down pin requires pliers to remove and must be tapped back in with some kind of tool because it is so TIGHT.

Yesterday I shot 100 rounds subsonic suppressed with no problems what so ever. I was able to hit my 12" gong at 100 yards easily after figuring out the right hold over.

In comparison to my Atlantic AA89k the PTR wins in just about every category. The finish on the AA89k looks nicer but it scuffs more easily. Also I didn't have to have the muzzle of my PTR sand blasted to get excess finish off so I could mount my suppressor... The fitment of parts on my AA89k is a little sloppy (the hand guard and lower have play in them when pinned in place) whereas the PTR nothing moves when assembled (and nothing moves without tools for disassembly ;) )

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    I am taking my PTR 9ct to be SBR engraved next week. I really like it despite some parts being obnoxiously tight. The rear take down pin requires pliers to remove and must be tapped back in with some kind of tool because it is so TIGHT.

Yesterday I shot 100 rounds subsonic suppressed with no problems what so ever. I was able to hit my 12" gong at 100 yards easily after figuring out the right hold over.

In comparison to my Atlantic AA89k the PTR wins in just about every category. The finish on the AA89k looks nicer but it scuffs more easily. Also I didn't have to have the muzzle of my PTR sand blasted to get excess finish off so I could mount my suppressor... The fitment of parts on my AA89k is a little sloppy (the hand guard and lower have play in them when pinned in place) whereas the PTR nothing moves when assembled (and nothing moves without tools for disassembly ;) )
    How do the mags fit? Any lateral or back and forth slop? Mag paddle operate smoothly?
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The mags fit tight. I have 5 HK mags, 1 POF, and the 2 that came with the pistol. There is no movement with any of them when locked in. None.

The mag paddle is a little stiff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aye aye yi You guys rmemeber when getting an MP5 clone was a real challenge? The options we have these days. Which route to go though...

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Fellow Roller lock shooters if any of you are interested in a PTR 9CT or PTR 9C Pistol Atlantic is will be offering a limited number of Range Review discounts . We are looking for a honest blue collar feedback style review on the new PTR 9 series. Real shooter feedback is important on shaping new products and not better place to get this than from real PTR shooters from the HK Pro community. Please feel free to email or PM us for more details and please include your HK Pro user name . [email protected]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links