PTR MP5 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PTR MP5

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charliefoxtrot View Post
    The thing is I'm new to HKs and wondering if maybe the Zenith is a little more technically correct since it is EU made and Turkey is right next door to home base.
    Turkey is NOT one of the 28 members of the EU. Detailed article on the issue here: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...-response.html

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Did anyone ever figure out who’s manufacturing the mags that come with the PTR 9CT?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Picked up my PTR MP5 clone pistol today after work. The case it came in is impressive. I first noticed how tight the gun was. I fired 100 rounds through it without problems. no I didn't clean it before shooting it, shame on me. When I took it apart the problems started. The end cap was very tight. I had to use pliers to get the pin out. I tried to install a clipped and pinned SEF lower from HKparts.com but it wouldn't slide all the way forward. It stops about 1/8" from being in place. I decided to put the factory parts back on and put it away but I couldn't get the end cap back on it. So I'm less than thrilled right now.
    I would be a little careful about advertising to the world that you just tried to put a possible full SEF auto lower on a semi PTR MP5... unless you are a SOT manufacturer... or maybe you meant to say you bought the lower marked SEF but it's semi auto only cause they do sell those. Some Clipped and Pins don't go all the way forward, it's no problem and they will function just fine. but you may have to ream out the rear hole to mate with the rear receiver pin. Or go to TSCmachine.com He is the best there is at MP5's and will make you a clipped and pinned that looks and fits and is strong. some of the other clipped and pinned people take too much material off the trigger housing and it just weakens everything.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    I would be a little careful about advertising to the world that you just tried to put a possible full SEF auto lower on a semi PTR MP5... unless you are a SOT manufacturer... or maybe you meant to say you bought the lower marked SEF but it's semi auto only cause they do sell those. Some Clipped and Pins don't go all the way forward, it's no problem and they will function just fine. but you may have to ream out the rear hole to mate with the rear receiver pin. Or go to TSCmachine.com He is the best there is at MP5's and will make you a clipped and pinned that looks and fits and is strong. some of the other clipped and pinned people take too much material off the trigger housing and it just weakens everything.

The PTR trigger box/frame fits into the SEF lower. The lower on the PTR is one of their US made navy pattern SEF types, which is only SF.

I read his post as he was swapping out the plastic lower, not using FA fcg components.

I completely agree with you re: some smiths removing too much material and weakening the area of the pushpin ears/support boss. Phil Flack has done a couple for me and they’re perfect. TSC did a friend’s and it is also perfect.
    Last edited by jsurowitz; 04-21-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I stand corrected on Turkey being part of the EU, at this point I'm surprised they are in NATO some of the time to be honest. That part of the world is complicated if you look at it... Russia-Iran-Syria vs Saudi-Egypt-Israel-US and Turkey-Iraq sorta stuck in the the geographic middle playing both sides by the issue. Buying PTR is buying made in America, I'll say that for sure, all politics aside that is a good thing. The PTR factory video on the website looks good if you take it with a grain of "marketing" salt applied. I know what making stuff looks like and the video gave me a good impression of the company.

I've also looked at the MKE factory tour videos and they look like a pretty legitimate arms manufacturer as well. As I mentioned having a hard time choosing between them regardless of which team Turkey is playing for at the moment. From a technical perspective I'm most interested in the firearm itself and won't blame the human problems on the hardware.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Atlantic, if you have any influence at all with PTR maybe pass along that the demand for a classic representation of the original rifle would probably be a better seller. People like the legacy rifle as it is, it's part of the allure. My .02.
    Thank you for the input and we have had a few conference calls with them and brought up suggestions made by HK Pro members !

Also wanted to mention we are offering a PTR Range review program for those who wish to check out one of the new pistols. Please email or PM us for details

Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I held one of these the other day (a friend bought one) and I was very impressed with it in hand. No rattles and very well put together gun. I plan to buy one this summer. Congrats to OP on new purchase.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms.com View Post
    Thank you for the input and we have had a few conference calls with them and brought up suggestions made by HK Pro members !

Also wanted to mention we are offering a PTR Range review program for those who wish to check out one of the new pistols. Please email or PM us for details

WhileI love my PTR K3P that I got from you guys, I'd really like to see those offered without a rail as well, as I'd like a second one.
    Most importantly, can you convince PTR to stop powder coating the front sights into place? Really is a hassle changing them out, plus it ruins the finish on the triple tree trying to do so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    The PTR trigger box/frame fits into the SEF lower. The lower on the PTR is one of their US made navy pattern SEF types, which is only SF.

I read his post as he was swapping out the plastic lower, not using FA fcg components.

I completely agree with you re: some smiths removing too much material and weakening the area of the pushpin ears/support boss. Phil Flack has done a couple for me and they’re perfect. TSC did a friend’s and it is also perfect.
    Sorry, been busy helping my 89 year old injured Vietnam Vet Dad... he is slowly going..
    Anyway you have good points and I've had some good work done by TSC and can't wait to send him some more.. will have to talk later, it's members only day at the range today and I just put a new B & T (I think that's the right name, they're overseas and make stuff for HK) side folder stock on my MP5 and it seems silly not to go shoot it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trombarter View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out who’s manufacturing the mags that come with the PTR 9CT?
    There is a post on another PTR 9C* thread on this board that indicates they are these:
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/30-R...KCI-74p955.htm

Look the same to me. With that said at that price point probably go with the POF Mags RTG has.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links