New G36 Parts - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New G36 Parts

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ybnqskp View Post
    After finding sites that sell some of the same parts as they do for a lot less I feel they have really over priced and taken advantage of people. I won’t be buying anything from them. I will purchase my barrel kit from Tommy.

Manufacturing the entire platform 150 kits at a time and about 70% of the parts require injection mold tools which are incredibly expensive makes its really tough to get the cost down for at least the first year. I would love to see the total cost to be around $2k but that will take some volume and some time to achieve. Used German kits with no round count on a barrel thats only designed to go 12K rounds with lowers that have worn markings ,dings on the handgaurds, etc. typically sell for $1800 to $3K. Brand new kits with a black Nitrided barrel starting at $1750 is fair in all reality. In the last 10 years Ive bought many German C kits for $2600 and the barrels had about half their life left. Having a $2k barrel that your afraid to shoot due to life expectancy sucks, For the last 10 years or so thats pretty much been the only option short of converting the SL8 barrel which still ends up being the cost of the new US barrel. The G36 has never been like the roller lock market where you have tons of parts kits constantly popping up and tons of vendors making product. The cost of bulk of G36 conversions Ive done over the years has mostly been over the $5K range making it financially hard to do for most. Everything we are doing right now is in its infancey and we have no idea what the market will be, how well it will be received, etc. I can say We have allot of great things in the works moving forward. The C kit at $1750 and receiver at $750 puts you at $2500 all brand new, we will have less expensive brace options soon for the pistols. We are working on E kits with hkparts and some .300 BLK c kits as well. We are still a small company in a kind of niche product competing for dollars in a flooded semi stagnent gun market, so its going to be an interesting journey moving forward. I truly appreciate the support of the HK fans and hope to continue offering new products we normally can't get.
    kbinmt, dushan and Nzfly like this.
    TommyBuilt Tactical LLC 07/ SOT
    Hidden Content
    For all your G36 and UMP conversion needs

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tom, you mentioned new brace options. I have a seen a pic of one of your guns with a brace that looks the same as the UMP braces. Where did that one come from? Or was it a one off?
    An ever changing list of guns.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

right now I have the Tail hook set up available, I have custom made a brace using and SBtactical rear mated with a G36 hinge from a G36 stock, its time consuming and expensive to make, The other issue is it will block the ejection port when folded. I am working with SBTactical to bring a specifically designed new model for this platform and as soon as I can share any news I will.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Have gun, will travel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The check for my T36 went out Saturday. I'm waiting on a check to come into me and I'll be buying one of the US made pistol kits to see how it all shakes out. Been out of the HK and clone game for too many years now.

The tail hook brace is going to be my next add for it, its good looking and doesn't spoil the lines.

Any chance of getting a dual optic clone in the future? Maybe a slightly updated version?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcpl1812 View Post
    The check for my T36 went out Saturday. I'm waiting on a check to come into me and I'll be buying one of the US made pistol kits to see how it all shakes out. Been out of the HK and clone game for too many years now.

The tail hook brace is going to be my next add for it, its good looking and doesn't spoil the lines.

Any chance of getting a dual optic clone in the future? Maybe a slightly updated version?
    My check just got cashed. Looking forward to getting it done. I had the fortune (or misfortune, depending on how you look at it) of not being in the know about the kits. So I went and bought mainly all HK parts. Got lucky enough to pick up a genuine G36 BCG and I couldn't be happier about that. I'm sure the kits will be GTG but since I got such a deal on the genuine HK BCG, I have less in the parts than the parts kit would have cost me. Had I not gotten that BCG for so low, I'd be WAY above the kit cost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anyone know the turn around time with the T36 receivers? I just put the final payment down on mine last week and was curious how long it took everyone else to get theirs? I'd prefer to not interrupt Tom while he does his work so asking you guys seems like the best way to gage an estimate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sending out a check this week as well (as soon as time permits)...I'm glad someone is doing something to clone these... been on my wants list for years... call it a dream... 2400 all said and done sounds much better than 4-5k

Have gun, will travel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, I did a thing. Hit the buy now on a G36E kit on GB. Guess I’m going mostly German parts. Just really wanted a carry handle optic.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
    Anyone know the turn around time with the T36 receivers? I just put the final payment down on mine last week and was curious how long it took everyone else to get theirs? I'd prefer to not interrupt Tom while he does his work so asking you guys seems like the best way to gage an estimate.
    "Now accepting pre-sale deposits of $350 for the first batch, estimated delivery late May, early June"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    "Now accepting pre-sale deposits of $350 for the first batch, estimated delivery late May, early June"
    Of course I read that. People are already reporting being in possession of receivers which is why I am trying to reach anyone that had received one and ask how long was the turn around once payment was complete. I have a month and a half to get mine in hand and don't expect it to take that long but will be an issue if it does.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links