PTR91 DAG bolt carrier issue and General Blank Fire issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PTR91 DAG bolt carrier issue and General Blank Fire issue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes I am using a bfa. It works with the black dag ammo and standard bolt carrier

The dag bolt carrier does not even strike the blanks in the newer ptr. That is why I am looking for a good brass blank option.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tenhunter View Post
    Yes I am using a bfa. It works with the black dag ammo and standard bolt carrier

The dag bolt carrier does not even strike the blanks in the newer ptr. That is why I am looking for a good brass blank option.
    The DAG training bolt carrier is NOT intended for use with blanks -or- regular ammo...it is set up for use ONLY with the blue training ammo.

The DAG training bolt carrier has a reduced diameter bolt head which mates up with the reduced diameter case head of the blue training ammo...this is a safety feature so that regular ammo (this also includes blanks) cannot be used. This is why you were not getting any primer strikes with the DAG training bolt carrier / blank combination. The DAG training bolt carrier has no provision for lockup...so firing regular ammo (or even blank ammo with BFA) would be extremely harsh to destructive to catastrophic for the weapon.

Having said that...my experience with plastic blanks with standard bolt carrier and BFA has been mixed. The fluted chamber allows gas to flow back over the plastic case and tends to melt and collapse the plastic case and gum up the chamber after a mag or so. I haven't tried brass blanks myself, but I would suspect they'd do much better in a fluted chamber gun vs the plastic blanks.

HTH
    Last edited by jjrphs; 05-18-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    Mr.Maim likes this.
    Browning, Maxim, Vickers
    Belt-Fed & Water-Cooled
    Real Machineguns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for that clarification! The black blanks fire and cycle much better than the green but still melt if you are not careful. Have had a hard time finding good loud blanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

UNAMMO.com

Not saying their prices are good or bad, I just know they always have blanks in several calibers

This link will jump you to the blanks section --> United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC)

Just note that their "shipped" price does not include their 3% CC fee (scroll to the bottom for details)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links