T36 receivers - Page 16
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: T36 receivers

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default Got my T36 today

T36 receivers-img_20180712_113023.jpg T36 receivers-img_20180712_113011.jpg T36 receivers-img_20180712_133133.jpg T36 receivers-img_20180712_152331.jpg

Got our T36 today, had been building a parts kit for the past 2 years waiting for this. Everything looked good out the box as close to the real thing as you can get. After trying to put everything together once we got home...I've got a Hk G36E barrel but when trying to put the barrel down into the trunnion the barrel slide right into place but when trying to push the barrel nut down into place so I could install it was very tight ,meaning You couldn't just push the barrel nut down, to the point where it took about 10 mins just to get it to the starting point of the threads I've done this a hundred times before with no problem with a SL8/G36K/XM8. So all together it took about 30 mins to install the barrel correctly. After putting everything together was just checking function of the bolt sliding back and forth as the bolt goes inside the trunnion, I noticed the bolt head wasn't far enough forward/ inside the trunnion correctly, was getting to the front of trunnion and stopping there after talking with Tom about it, figured I'd try and problem solve, I have three carrier/bolts complete so I swapped out ever part in the carrier group to see if that would correct it, it didn't fix it. I will say before you F... Up your $300 bolt head for double stack magazines it's in your best interest to do a function text without the bolt slamming into the trunnion messing up the teeth on the bolt head. So Ive been talking with Tom about these issue today and he said that over time HK has made the barrel nuts at different tolerances, so I guess I got the biggest one they ever made...on the bolt head not moving forward all the way he said he's seen this before, over time the cam pin can wear down along with the groves down the sides of the carrier, he said he had some longer ones made and sending me one tomorrow in the mail. So If your just getting a receiver without Tom installing the barrel or doing anything to it, I would check the diameter of your barrel nut and inside of the trunnion area to make sure you don't go through the hassel I did, also check function of your carrier/bolt, hopefully it moves like it's supposed to and loading a round into the barrel correctly before shooting...other than that I like it, Please...don't take my post as a me being negative just trying to be informative, Tom has been good to me and one of the nicest guys I've dealt with firearms/convert receivers/work ever hopefully when he sends me the longer cam pin the function will be corrected. Don't let all this get you down it's my luck that it's just going to happen to me lol. Below is a pictureand a video of the issue.

T36 receivers-img_20180712_142418.jpg https://streamable.com/lyldm
    Hk P30 9mm
    Hk 45C
    Hk 416D .22
    Hk MR556
    Hk G36E/T36
    Hk SL8-1/XM8
    Hk UMP Pistol .40/.45 cals (Shadow)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had the same problem with the cam pin. He Jerry rigged mine for the time being but is sending me one as well.
    Hkrsx likes this.
    An ever changing list of guns.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Thanks for the detail @Hkrsx and the video.
    Hkrsx likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got back from the range last night and did some hand cycling of brass rounds. Still a lot of problems. It’s not stripping the rounds off the mag. If it does, the rounds are going nose up into the trunnion and denting the crap out of them. I’m in contact with Tom. I’m sure he’s tired of me already. But I’ve spent $3000 since I pieced this thing together. And right now, it’s just a cool looking wall hanger. He is sending out a new cam pin and mag release today to see if that does anything. And I ordered a Pmag to see if that makes any difference. Probably be next week until I can get everything in and try it again. Really hoping all this wasn’t for nothing. I wanted to use an HK bolt and carrier to keep it HK as much as possible. Maybe that was a really bad idea. I don’t know yet.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Interesting....wonder how guys with the full GSG9 kits are doing?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post
    Interesting....wonder how guys with the full GSG9 kits are doing?
    According to Tom, all of those are working perfect. Just happens to be my luck. The cam pin, the mag seems sloppy. I've loaded it the way he's told me to load it, although, I never had an issue shooting steel case or loading it any way I wanted when I had an actual HK SL8/G36E conversion. Still a lot of problems stripping a round. I did order a Pmag to try but if it doesn't run with factory HK mags, I'm not going to be happy. The mag I have is brand new. It was still in the wrap when I got it. So, I don't know. Will update ASAP.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hkrsx View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180712_113023.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	209700 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180712_113011.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	209702 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180712_133133.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	209704 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180712_152331.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	209706

Got our T36 today, had been building a parts kit for the past 2 years waiting for this. Everything looked good out the box as close to the real thing as you can get. After trying to put everything together once we got home...I've got a Hk G36E barrel but when trying to put the barrel down into the trunnion the barrel slide right into place but when trying to push the barrel nut down into place so I could install it was very tight ,meaning You couldn't just push the barrel nut down, to the point where it took about 10 mins just to get it to the starting point of the threads I've done this a hundred times before with no problem with a SL8/G36K/XM8. So all together it took about 30 mins to install the barrel correctly. After putting everything together was just checking function of the bolt sliding back and forth as the bolt goes inside the trunnion, I noticed the bolt head wasn't far enough forward/ inside the trunnion correctly, was getting to the front of trunnion and stopping there after talking with Tom about it, figured I'd try and problem solve, I have three carrier/bolts complete so I swapped out ever part in the carrier group to see if that would correct it, it didn't fix it. I will say before you F... Up your $300 bolt head for double stack magazines it's in your best interest to do a function text without the bolt slamming into the trunnion messing up the teeth on the bolt head. So Ive been talking with Tom about these issue today and he said that over time HK has made the barrel nuts at different tolerances, so I guess I got the biggest one they ever made...on the bolt head not moving forward all the way he said he's seen this before, over time the cam pin can wear down along with the groves down the sides of the carrier, he said he had some longer ones made and sending me one tomorrow in the mail. So If your just getting a receiver without Tom installing the barrel or doing anything to it, I would check the diameter of your barrel nut and inside of the trunnion area to make sure you don't go through the hassel I did, also check function of your carrier/bolt, hopefully it moves like it's supposed to and loading a round into the barrel correctly before shooting...other than that I like it, Please...don't take my post as a me being negative just trying to be informative, Tom has been good to me and one of the nicest guys I've dealt with firearms/convert receivers/work ever hopefully when he sends me the longer cam pin the function will be corrected. Don't let all this get you down it's my luck that it's just going to happen to me lol. Below is a pictureand a video of the issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180712_142418.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	209708 https://streamable.com/lyldm
    I have found the same issues with my receiver using a factory G36K kit. I've kind of come up with a solution to the problem using a small light weight spring. By placing a spring between the bolt and bolt carrier, very similar to the 416, it provides just enough force to push the bolt forward putting the locking lugs in the correct orientation and allowing it to go into battery. I have not attempted firing the rifle this way "and will not!" but it does allow me to check the function of other parts. Only other issue I've seen is my Spuhr AR magwell adapter will not work with the receiver which is kind of a bummer. It appears the geometry of the receiver where the magwell locks into is a little different than my SL8/G36 conversion. Otherwise I'm very happy with my receiver and looking forward to getting the new cam pin so I can start hitting the range.
    Last edited by YPD1; 07-13-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

More receiver photos.

Nzfly likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My g36e should arrive next Wednesday. It's a German kit assembled on a t36 receiver.
    TheChunkNorris likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm #116 and still haven't recieved mine yet or gotten shipping notice. How many problems are people collectively seeing besides the above mentioned? I would expect kinks to appear on a never been attempted before item being brought to market and am looking forward to getting mine still. Just curious as to what all to watch out for using german k parts. Still on edge with buying either the gsg9 k barrel kit or saving for a german cqb barrel.

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links