T36 receivers - Page 20
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: T36 receivers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by YPD1 View Post
    Only other issue I've seen is my Spuhr AR magwell adapter will not work with the receiver which is kind of a bummer. It appears the geometry of the receiver where the magwell locks into is a little different than my SL8/G36 conversion.
    Oh fu**ing great! Just what I wanted to hear! Spent 350 on something a month ago that I will not even be able to use! I can kick myself now for being nit-picky. Got the adapter because I wanted to make use of cheap M16 magazines and more room to carry them in A.L.I.C.E. Gear mag pouches and now I won't be able to use the Spuhr adapter! I wonder if Tom can modify it for me. I guess I will be messaging him soon about that. I haven't gotten the T36 receiver yet but I might try to get one late next month if he has any left or pre order one from the next batch he has in a few months from now. I guess in regards to the mag pouch I should have just remembered that I won't be using this as a go to war rifle anyway if the **** hits the fan. I will use my Rock River AR-15 A2, C.I.A. AKM or Springfield M1A instead or my future PTR-91 for the extremely unlikely case of me being in a gun fight. Oh well. I guess that is life. But who knows maybe like I said I could pay Tom extra besides putting the barrel in to get the magwell to work. And even then as long as the rest of the rifle works that is what matters.

"Yippy Kiya Motherfu***r!" John Mcclane
    Last edited by John_Mcclane; 07-14-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's what my money is on. Dimensions for the mold may have come from measuring an existing g36 receiver. The original mold may have smaller internal dimensions and larger external dimensions to compensate for cooling. And you're not going to convince me that an sl8 carrier with 500 rounds on it is worn out.
    YPD1 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just got my HK guide rod in to replace the crappy GSG9 rod. It doesn’t fix any of my problems. BUT, there is a NOTICEABLE difference in spring pressure from the HK rod. Much more pressure. If you’re using a GSG rod, I’d suggest replacing it. I can’t overstate how much of a difference there is in spring rate. That can’t be good for the gun
    An ever changing list of guns.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_baker4420 View Post
    That's what my money is on. Dimensions for the mold may have come from measuring an existing g36 receiver. The original mold may have smaller internal dimensions and larger external dimensions to compensate for cooling. And you're not going to convince me that an sl8 carrier with 500 rounds on it is worn out.
    Exactly!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://imgur.com/gallery/arjEt8g

Another video of the gap from the back of the receiver.
    Mr.Maim likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by John_Mcclane View Post
    Oh fu**ing great! Just what I wanted to hear! Spent 350 on something a month ago that I will not even be able to use! I can kick myself now for being nit-picky. Got the adapter because I wanted to make use of cheap M16 magazines and more room to carry them in A.L.I.C.E. Gear mag pouches and now I won't be able to use the Spuhr adapter! I wonder if Tom can modify it for me. I guess I will be messaging him soon about that. I haven't gotten the T36 receiver yet but I might try to get one late next month if he has any left or pre order one from the next batch he has in a few months from now. I guess in regards to the mag pouch I should have just remembered that I won't be using this as a go to war rifle anyway if the **** hits the fan. I will use my Rock River AR-15 A2, C.I.A. AKM or Springfield M1A instead or my future PTR-91 for the extremely unlikely case of me being in a gun fight. Oh well. I guess that is life. But who knows maybe like I said I could pay Tom extra besides putting the barrel in to get the magwell to work. And even then as long as the rest of the rifle works that is what matters.

Well, emailed Tom so will have to wait and see what he says about the Spuhr magwells being modified to work on the T36. I'll post what he has to say about it for anyone else on here who wants to use a Spuhr magwell on there's like lcpl1812 who said on a thread I started that he wants to use one in his two so he will be in the same boat since he got one as well. Also a shame with some of the problems others are having on here with internal parts not fitting on the T36 receiver. Hope I don't run into that on mine but I will be sending it to Tom to put together anyway so he can get it to fit correctly if he has to modify anything like any drilling or filing anything on it. Not to mention test fire it before shipping it back to me.

"Yippy Kiay Motherfu***r!" John Mcclane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like it has quite a bit of side to side play. SL8 has some small play up and down, but none side to side. If you look at the BCG from the back as it slides in, does the squared head of the cam pin engage the metal guide groove correctly on the left hand side? The cam pin should be in the groove all the way until the bolt head enters the trunnion. This locks the bolt in correct orientation for stripping the round and lining up with the trunnion opening... I can see if the receiver spec was slightly loose side to side, the cam pin may not correctly engage the groove, hence the need for a longer pin, which may also introduce additional misalignment depending on how the BCG may be sliding at the time...

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by a2058 View Post
    Looks like it has quite a bit of side to side play. SL8 has some small play up and down, but none side to side. If you look at the BCG from the back as it slides in, does the squared head of the cam pin engage the metal guide groove correctly on the left hand side? The cam pin should be in the groove all the way until the bolt head enters the trunnion. This locks the bolt in correct orientation for stripping the round and lining up with the trunnion opening... I can see if the receiver spec was slightly loose side to side, the cam pin may not correctly engage the groove, hence the need for a longer pin, which may also introduce additional misalignment depending on how the BCG may be sliding at the time...
    Cam pin is BARELY touching the receiver at all. I will try to get a pic up later. Very difficult to try to get these pics when I’m the only one here. But believe me when I tell you, the cam pin just about doesn’t come into contact with the receiver at all.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Mcclane View Post

T36 receivers-received_1848507005195968.jpeg

You'll be fine.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YPD1 View Post
    I have found the same issues with my receiver using a factory G36K kit. I've kind of come up with a solution to the problem using a small light weight spring. By placing a spring between the bolt and bolt carrier, very similar to the 416, it provides just enough force to push the bolt forward putting the locking lugs in the correct orientation and allowing it to go into battery. I have not attempted firing the rifle this way "and will not!" but it does allow me to check the function of other parts. Only other issue I've seen is my Spuhr AR magwell adapter will not work with the receiver which is kind of a bummer. It appears the geometry of the receiver where the magwell locks into is a little different than my SL8/G36 conversion. Otherwise I'm very happy with my receiver and looking forward to getting the new cam pin so I can start hitting the range.
    Just to clarify- you removed the magazine release from the T36 before installing the Spuhr magwell? The HK unit doesnt require it to be removed, but Spuhr does. Just a thought.

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links