T36 receivers - Page 25
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: T36 receivers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wulf74 View Post
    So if I pull my charging handle with my left hand and pull the same direction the cam does rotate the bolt correctly, but if I pull right handed pulling to the right, the cam doesn't rotate the bolt.
    the receiver I have seems to have 1 mm to 1.5mm wider internal I.D. as compared to my sl8.
    Sounds indeed like the square head of the cam pin in the bcg is getting disengaged from the cam groove in the receiver on the left hand side, when pulled from the right. As stated in earlier posts, I believe Tom is making a longer cam pin to correct this issue, he will get it right.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The cam pin is indeed disengaging. However, this is a result of an out of spec receiver, and not an out of spec cam pin. And as many have already stated, I'm not trying to bash the product. I also bought one myself. My concern is that changing the cam pins is just a quick fix. Will the extra play in the carrier group cause excess wear of the receiver? Or to the carrier group itself? I don't know, and I'm not going to pretend that I do. Just voicing my concern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Exactly, I m waiting for the cam pin as well. My concern is the movement of the bolt (bouncing back and forth) within it's travel and the bolthead engaging the lugs being slightly off!
    Will this cause receiver life to lessen or bolthead or locking lug wear to be premature?
    I also purchased a Gideon shadow (ump clone) that had too narrow an I.D. which caused ftf, Wade fixed it for free and now runs perfect.
    Hopefully we'll see a real fix or a discount on t36 gen2. I just don't see how to fix an internal demension that is too wide to begin with.
    Last edited by wulf74; 07-17-2018 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Crap spelling

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_baker4420 View Post
    The cam pin is indeed disengaging. However, this is a result of an out of spec receiver, and not an out of spec cam pin. And as many have already stated, I'm not trying to bash the product. I also bought one myself. My concern is that changing the cam pins is just a quick fix. Will the extra play in the carrier group cause excess wear of the receiver? Or to the carrier group itself? I don't know, and I'm not going to pretend that I do. Just voicing my concern.
    I have voiced the same concerns. I sent mine back to Tom today fully assembled for him to take a look at. I really am wanting this thing to work. I don’t want to give up on it. I have a feeling that we will not be able to use HK carriers. Even using a longer cam pin won’t fix the problems I’m having, I don’t believe. There is too much movement in the carrier itself, causing the bolt head to ride too high to pick up a round properly. We will see. I’m not giving up hope yet and again, not condemning Tom or the product.
    An ever changing list of guns.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wulf74 View Post
    Mine looks great but the bolt crashes into the trunion out of alingment and will feed but not lock up correctly. All matched German parts from the same E kit, which I shot when it was in it's original receiver and it worked as intended. I know Tom will figure it out in the end though.

That's another fine looking G36E. Love seeing all the E's that people are posting on here.Hope you can get it working alright.

"Yippy Kiya Motherfu***r!" John Mcclane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thx, It will hopefully work out in the end. I've been wanting a G36 type rifle since I was a kid, so I'll be excited to get it functional and take it out plinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello all,
    I got my T36 receiver today and cobbled the thing together. Tom was nice enough to install the barrel for me. I'm using a 100% US kit for this and hopefully my adventure can help diagnose some of the issues.

First the good news, it looks real pretty! Ignore the missing front optic screw, I neglected to order the longer one.
    T36 receivers-20180717_014957.jpg
    The rivet on top of the bolt carrier was a tad too long and was stopping insertion of the carrier group. A few swipes with a file and a later touch up for finish fixed this. My recoil spring guide rod was also a hair too long and would not lock into place with the back plate. I trimmed this down just a bit and it goes in fine now, though I'll likely still replace it as my handiwork turned out rather ugly.
    T36 receivers-20180717_001453.jpg
    Finally the big issue a lot of folks seem to be having cropped it's ugly head.
    T36 receivers-20180717_020229.jpg
    T36 receivers-20180717_020304.jpg
    After playing with the bolt carrier some there is a bit of side to side play, not super sloppy fit bit certainly wiggle room. If the carrier is pushed forward while held to either side of the receiver it closes fine. The issue arises when only the rear end is pressed to one side, allowing the bolt head to come in at a very slight angle. It will miss the lug recesses and one or more of the lugs will slam into the trunnion. In my case one lug hangs up, and my initial excited slamming of the bolt home when I first got it all together resulted in a slightly peened corner on one lug. My guess is the extended cam pin takes up this extra space at the end of travel and corrects the angle of the bolt head just before rotating and closing.

I have emailed Tom and I'm sure he'll work something out. I've wanted a G36 (or a functional facsimile of one) since I found out they existed so it's a bit bittersweet on my first day with it in my hands. I trust he'll get things taken care of.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Hiryuu View Post
    Hello all,
    I got my T36 receiver today and cobbled the thing together. Tom was nice enough to install the barrel for me. I'm using a 100% US kit for this and hopefully my adventure can help diagnose some of the issues.

First the good news, it looks real pretty! Ignore the missing front optic screw, I neglected to order the longer one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717_014957.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	209996
    The rivet on top of the bolt carrier was a tad too long and was stopping insertion of the carrier group. A few swipes with a file and a later touch up for finish fixed this. My recoil spring guide rod was also a hair too long and would not lock into place with the back plate. I trimmed this down just a bit and it goes in fine now, though I'll likely still replace it as my handiwork turned out rather ugly.

Name:	20180717_001453.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	928.5 KB 
ID:	209998

Name:	20180717_020229.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	776.8 KB 
ID:	210000

Name:	20180717_020304.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	210002
    After playing with the bolt carrier some there is a bit of side to side play, not super sloppy fit bit certainly wiggle room. If the carrier is pushed forward while held to either side of the receiver it closes fine. The issue arises when only the rear end is pressed to one side, allowing the bolt head to come in at a very slight angle. It will miss the lug recesses and one or more of the lugs will slam into the trunnion. In my case one lug hangs up, and my initial excited slamming of the bolt home when I first got it all together resulted in a slightly peened corner on one lug. My guess is the extended cam pin takes up this extra space at the end of travel and corrects the angle of the bolt head just before rotating and closing.

I have emailed Tom and I'm sure he'll work something out. I've wanted a G36 (or a functional facsimile of one) since I found out they existed so it's a bit bittersweet on my first day with it in my hands. I trust he'll get things taken care of.
    I could be wrong but I believe this is the first issue I’ve heard of with an all US kit build. Most of us were having issues using HK parts. Hmm. Disheartening but not all is lost yet. That cam track seems to be a major problem though.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Hiryuu View Post
    Hello all,

Name:	20180717_014957.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	209996

Name:	20180717_001453.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	928.5 KB 
ID:	209998

Name:	20180717_020229.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	776.8 KB 
ID:	210000

Name:	20180717_020304.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	210002

Same Issue I am having with my US kit, bolt not closing, I called Tom and he is sending me a cam pin.

Pic as it sits now.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

JJ, that u.s. kit looks spot on! Yeah, like any new creature coming to the market, we'll have to be patient. I've waited so long for this to happen, I can wait a little longer. Once I get the replacement cam pin I'll give that a try and report in. 😉

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links