PTR 9CT - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PTR 9CT

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackO View Post
    PTR is produced by a large commercial company from a brand new manufactured parts on proper brand new tooling,
    By proper tooling, do you mean what they purchased from the FMP factory in Portugal? Wasn't that proper tooling for the HK91 style rifle, or can that same proper tooling be used to make their MP5 clone? If not, its just made in house like any other clone mfr. But the Omega guns are connected to Todd Bailey, who made Special Weapons, Cohaire, Bobcat, and several other poor quality clones. Hours of reading on this. GARY

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Actually Omega is Tods brother. But from my understanding Tod himself has no direct connection to Omega. Now it is rumored that Tod makes parts for hkparts.net, and then Tods brother uses some of those in his build. I have 2 Omega's that other than a mag fitment ( minor issue) with 1, have been outstanding guns so far. We will see how they hold up in the long run. But I'm very pleased with them this far, and wouldn't hesitate buy another!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    Glock mag AR? Yes, been there, shortcomings abound. My clone is everything I hoped that would be and more.
    As far as a light, there are plenty of rail mounted solutions out there. I use a pistol light on a rigged mounted handguard rail.
    Its funny how the shortcomings come around, At first I toyed with a high-point carbine in 9 just to get the feel of a 9mm carbine, sold that and built up the AR9 10" havn't even painted it and now already moving on to another level of well.....fun. The AR9 has been very quick and dirty step towards a standard cap compact PDW type weapon. But even though I got a good bolt and its starting to peen in spots I didn't think it would so I'm a little dissapointed in that. Great that it simplified magazine logistics for certain situations for me but overall I think the MP5 will be king from here on.

I've been using a pair TLR-1's for a while for all my weapon lighting and have been happy, but I'll be needing to buy a few more lights (at least 1) to swap around between my 91 and mp5 now. So I may just do what you've been doing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yup. Sooo much cooler than AR9. Reliability aside even.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss710 View Post
    Actually Omega is Tods brother. But from my understanding Tod himself has no direct connection to Omega. Now it is rumored that Tod makes parts for hkparts.net, and then Tods brother uses some of those in his build. I have 2 Omega's that other than a mag fitment ( minor issue) with 1, have been outstanding guns so far. We will see how they hold up in the long run. But I'm very pleased with them this far, and wouldn't hesitate buy another!
    Wade has mentioned that he wants to start making more parts in house because he wants the specs to be better than what he's getting from HK Parts.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Reiterating - who manufactures the mags that are included with this firearm?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    Reiterating - who manufactures the mags that are included with this firearm?
    I thought they were POF mags
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It looks like the Zenith Z-5RS will once again be available soon. I just wished that PTR had originally introduced a more accurate rendition of the MP5 as their first release compared to the hybrid model that they came out with.
    PTR builds a great firearm, but in this instance, I'll be going with the Zenith.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    Wade has mentioned that he wants to start making more parts in house because he wants the specs to be better than what he's getting from HK Parts.
    A Bailey family member using the phrase "wants the specs to be better" is an oxymoron. But if he can do that, the sun will set in the east if history means anything. GARY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

retrodog likes this.
    Facebook page
    Hidden Content
    Youtube Channel
    Hidden Content

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links