My PTR 9C review thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My PTR 9C review thread

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoral View Post
    I would honestly like it more if it did not have the rail. That, however, is completely a matter of personal preference. I'm a little OCD about the lines of firearms, I like them to be clean, even if it's at the expense of the added functionality that the rail offers. I would consider buying this since the range closest to me has a policy of forcing you to buy rifle cartridges from them if you're going to use them, but you can bring in your own pistol cartridges.

Sounds like a horse **** gun range
    redmax29 and Jarden like this.
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoral View Post
    I would honestly like it more if it did not have the rail. That, however, is completely a matter of personal preference. I'm a little OCD about the lines of firearms, I like them to be clean, even if it's at the expense of the added functionality that the rail offers. I would consider buying this since the range closest to me has a policy of forcing you to buy rifle cartridges from them if you're going to use them, but you can bring in your own pistol cartridges.
    Does the range you go to require frag rounds for rifles? I have seen places that were positively anal over concerns about different issues.
    I agree with the rail part. I too prefer the original intended appearance. I may even like some of the original epuipment options, that may not fit if a rail is present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    Sounds like a horse **** gun range
    It is kind of and isn't kind of, it is a super professional place, it feels more like a high-end golf pro shop than a shooting range, the people there are SUPER nice, it's a great place for shooting pistols...but their explanation for the rifle rule is that they had people bring in tracer rounds at one point and it's a fire hazard, so they had to enforce a rule of buying the rifle rounds there. "We can't search everyone's rounds to make sure they're not tracers, so we're just going to make you buy them here so that we can be sure." It's.....a pain in the ass, yeah. I agree.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarden View Post
    I agree with the rail part. I too prefer the original intended appearance. I may even like some of the original epuipment options, that may not fit if a rail is present.
    There's obviously been a major trend in the past 15 years towards rails. I get it. I understand that they allow you to use more stuff and hence BUY more stuff to add to the weapon, so the incentive for manufacturers to include rails is obvious. However I believe that they detract from the aesthetics of individual weapons to make them look all "rail-y" and messes up the lines.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

As an aside and addition to the "stupid rule" gun range topic, I shot at a range in Dallas that wouldn't allow you to shoot at 100 yards unless your rifle was scoped. And even then you have to be observed the first couple of times you visited to be allowed to shoot at 100. On top of that ball ammo was not allowed, had to be hollow or soft point.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread....
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ve run my PTR 9c hard with a registered sear and it’s never missed a beat. I actually purchased a second as a backup. My PTR 9C review thread-66f2f2bf-e194-4f2e-a2bb-6b58fdee23c4.jpeg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaShooter View Post
    I’ve run my PTR 9c hard with a registered sear and it’s never missed a beat. I actually purchased a second as a backup. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66F2F2BF-E194-4F2E-A2BB-6B58FDEE23C4.jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	213382
    Awesome! Wish I could buy a sear for mine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ve run my PTR 9c hard with a registered sear and it’s never missed a beat. I actually purchased a second as a backup. Click image for larger version. 

as a back up? did the wife believe you? sounds more like HKitis to me. I would know, I have a full blown uncurable case of it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thats badass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’m not married 😀 girlfriend doesn’t care
    Nieto1124 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links