Can't get a mp5. Is zenith good enough? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Can't get a mp5. Is zenith good enough?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually Zenith is a Christian based company.

Just get the Zenith. Itís the closest thing to a true HK. That and POF.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hk1zero View Post
    If you don't want to go the sbr route what about buying the pistol version and running a pistol brace on the back of it?

Personally the best option is to sbr a mp5 style gun. The extra barrel length really doesn't give you an advantage with pistol calibers.

As far as zenith goes. They are pretty good quality overall. The front take down pin hole can be machined a little off so if you swap the lower(say to go ambi) you might need to open up the front takedown pin hole in it a bit. The quality level is not on par with HK but overall is good(this comes from someone with a zenith z5rs and hk sp5 and hk94 guns). Its also worth saying that the guns don't have the later improvements in them which I'm guessing is due to MKE not being a currently licensed maker. Stuff like the later f improvements to the bcg are on the sp5k but not on the zenith. If you want a mp5 style gun I'd say go for it.
    Loving my zenith.... but this post is accurate. I replaced the mke lower with and HK lower and itís super tight. I had to slightly hammer the front take down pin to get it in. It results in ZERO pivoting of the lower downward. Hasnít caused an issue with reliability, but itís something I wil need to address soon. Opening up the front take down hole scares me. Wonder if zenith would do that ?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
    California
    Ah yes. That lovely place. I lived in Palo Alto for a year. That was plenty. ďIsnít it amazing here? Donít you just love it?Ē....thatís what so many natives would say to me when they heard I was from elsewhere. My reply was always ďNope, I canít wait to GTFO of here and go back to the southeastĒ.
    Brad4065, Jarden, MtnRider and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To the OP. I own a Zenith Z-5RS pistol that I’ve added a brace to. It’s a great firearm that’s very accurate and reliable. It eats most anything you feed it, as long as it’s brass case, and shoots good suppressed with 147gr ammo. If you are planning on moving out of State anyway, I’d suggest waiting until you do get to a gun friendly state. If not, go for the 16” version, I’m sure you will be happy.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zenith doesn’t make an MP5 clone. MKE does, Zenith imports them. MKEs are Turkish and yes, good. Good luck getting one, I like how Zenith still pushes them in social media, yet won’t give time frames for when they will be importing any more. I was told mid to end July 18....
    07 FFL/02 SOT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Zenith doesn’t make an MP5 clone. MKE does, Zenith imports them. MKEs are Turkish and yes, good. Good luck getting one, I like how Zenith still pushes them in social media, yet won’t give time frames for when they will be importing any more. I was told mid to end July 18....
    I've been watching for a z5rs with brace for quite a while. Mid summer is the best guess I've heard. Is it possible that Zenith simply doesn't really know and is at the hands of MKE as to when they will get a shipment? I'm not too sure on the political climate of the region and wonder if that can be impacting exports.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Before you continue to give us a hard time about not having any weapons, I would recommend checking back in with us. We've been getting guys sorted with the weapons they wanted all week. And we have more shipments inbound.
    Brad4065 and Brad4065 like this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedBystander View Post
    I've been watching for a z5rs with brace for quite a while. Mid summer is the best guess I've heard. Is it possible that Zenith simply doesn't really know and is at the hands of MKE as to when they will get a shipment? I'm not too sure on the political climate of the region and wonder if that can be impacting exports.
    We know exactly what our shipment schedule is, thanks. Feel free to give us a call if you'd like to order a weapon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    We know exactly what our shipment schedule is, thanks. Feel free to give us a call if you'd like to order a weapon.
    I have a different question for you.........What/where is the origin of the sight adjustment tool you show on your web page?

I ordered one from Zenith and received it this week. I was a little ticked that it showed up in a box shipped directly from HKParts.net

No offense, but if I had wanted to give my business to Hk Parts, I would have ordered one from Hk Parts.

E

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Definitely give Zenith a call. GREAT customer service! Thanks again Paul and James. I just purchased one from them this week. It will be several months before I can shoot it but I am not worried about their quality. There are to many happy customers out there. Looking to pick up another one soon.
    Marine0303 likes this.
    SR9-TC,91,MR762,416 10 inch,SL-6,SL-7,SL-8x2,MP-5N,USC and a USC to UMP 45,Tan and Black Mark 23, USP 45 Elite&Expert,USP Expert 9mmx2,USP 45T Black-Tan-Green frame's,USP 45CT,USP 45 Match HE&SS,USP 45f Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 45c 50th,USP 40T,USP 40f Custom Combat Green-Tan Frame,USP 40c Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 9mm SS,USP 357c,USP 9T,P2000 & P2000sk 357,HK45,HK45T Tan-OD-Black,HK45T&45 all Tan,HK45c FDEx2,VP9x3,P9S,P7 PSP,P7 M8 w/TB,VP70Z,4.380x2,19mm Flare Gunx2,26mm Flare Gunx3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links