Can't get a mp5. Is zenith good enough?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Can't get a mp5. Is zenith good enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Can't get a mp5. Is zenith good enough?

I live in the beautiful, but very expensive and liberal state of Hawaii. We can't own any nfa items. No assault pistols, hand guns must be 10rd capacity. That being said can't get a mp5 out here. How ever zenith has a z5r model I believe that has a legal 16" barrel so I can own one. Being that I've never operated a mp5 before. Is the zenith as good as? Worth buying? Or should I just wait to move to a gun friendlier state and buy a mp5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Move to the ninth island and you can play with whatever you like.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mauiboi9 View Post
    I live in the beautiful, but very expensive and liberal state of Hawaii. We can't own any nfa items. No assault pistols, hand guns must be 10rd capacity. That being said can't get a mp5 out here. How ever zenith has a z5r model I believe that has a legal 16" barrel so I can own one. Being that I've never operated a mp5 before. Is the zenith as good as? Worth buying? Or should I just wait to move to a gun friendlier state and buy a mp5?

Please consider a few things. One, that I am an older conservative, and an ex-democrat that used to live in Illinois. Two, if you are a gun/shooting enthusiast living in a liberal state, then you are at odds by your own devices. Meaning, that you are supporting the politics of that state with your services and tax dollars. From what I've heard, Hawaii is also very expensive. In Illinois my property taxes were around $2,500 a year. Here in New Mexico I own more property and a newer house and my taxes are about $64 a year. Now, for gun consideration, New Mexico is a gun friendly state. When I first moved here and went to the DMV to get my license, the clerk made it a point to inform me, and made certain that I understood, that New Mexico honors real property laws. That means your vehicle is just like your house. You have the right to carry a firearm in your vehicle and USE it in self defence. Just keep it out of plain view. By comparison, in Illinois we had to get a gun card, and there were wait periods, as well as transporting restrictions. Just 3 blocks from where I lived, an elderly couple had their home invaded and they were brutally attacked by three, drug induced thugs. The 82 year old man was in a wheel chair. They beat him and left him on the living room floor while they thought it might be fun to rape his 79 year old wife. He was near, and managed to get his old .38 revolver from an end table drawer. He shot one thug, and as they tried to jump out a window, he managed to hit another one. He recovered well, but his wife was in intensive care. The thugs survived as well, and were released on bond after medical treatment. Meanwhile, the old man was jailed. He had fired a firearm in city limits, and shot a person fleeing. His wife passed away in the hospital before he could manage a hearing and any bail.
    I'm not saying you should move to New Mexico, but there are many choices and you have the freedom to do so. What type of politics do you wish to support? As mentioned, your tax dollars and services contribute to any state (and therefore their government). I know you are actually not complaining, but I've seen too many on youtube complain about their gun laws, and I tired of it. I let them know they are part of their own problems, so do something about it.
    Yes, my personal opinion would be to move. It's already said that the ony truly free individuals, are the ones that are allowed to defend themselves. It's up to you to decide if that is what you want or not. Don't forget that one city in one state can control all the politics (like Illinios/Chicago). So choose wisely.
    Kind regards

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Always love how when someone says that they live in a restrictive state, people jump on and say “you just need to move somewhere else”, like people think that everyone can or wants to move at the drop of a hat. There are a lot of reasons people live where they do, and if Gun policy is that important to them, they would already have moved. Posts saying just move aren’t really helpful.

To the OPs question, what do you consider an “MP5”? The MP5 is a sub machine gun made by HK. There are almost no factory MP5s available to civilians. The term MP5 is used loosely here, but usually refers to a short barrel look-alike, made or converted from a semi-auto gun made by either HK or a clone manufacturer. Some may have a registered sear or trigger pack, effectively making them like a “real” MP5. Except for the recent SP5K pistol, HK factory semi-autos have been banned from importation since 1989. A factory HK 94 host to convert into a “MP5” is going to cost more, so a good clone is a viable option for many people. As far as clones go, Zenith is one of the best. They are license built guns made by MKE in Turkey and are of good quality. If you’re looking for a 16” carbine, it’s a good choice. As a plus, it has a real factory-style paddle mag release, so it looks externally more MP5 like than some others. On the flip side, it has a block inside the receiver that prevents the installation of a full auto bolt carrier unless it’s cut out, so it’s a bit more work if you want to legally convert to full auto. Whatever you choose, Zenith is a good way to go.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well, the original poster specifically asked about moving to a more gun-friendly state, so it seems relevant to me.

As someone who also escaped the people's republic of Illinois many years ago, I can definitely sympathize with both sides of that fence.

In regard to getting a Zenith, at the moment, unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg, they aren't readily available either. Lots of people waiting on a shipment.
    Dinsdale_Piranha likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a Zenith and have been immensely happy with it. Hawaii gun laws do suck. I vacation there almost every year and had thought about looking for a place there but started investigating gun laws and my toys would not be allowed, so no Hawaii full time for me.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As to your question def echo above postings ... One thing to note not many imported mp5 clones are going to be rifles due to the non fun nature of import laws ..Most imported mp5ish guns ie POF,Zeinth and the like will be in pistol form either MP5 or MP5K style ...Again you can use a shoulder brace or the like with them ..As noted no real MP5 in civies hands as none were around pre 1968 the cut off for full auto civi import in the USA ..But you will find clones often made from the HK94 rifles ..HK94 are semi auto 16inch rifles that HK made in the 80s that look like MP5 just longer barrels and no mag paddel unless one was latter added

From looking at your guns laws you cant have more then 2 fetures on a handguns which if anything liek the 94 AWB will mean all the MP5 Pistol clones are not legally ie threaded barrel exteneral mag weight of gun etc ...So look to the rifles I would either HK94 or Omega or the other clones out there

They do make 10 round mags for the pistol you can use as from looking you cant use mags in a rifle if they can be used in a handgun ..

Frankly I would move ...Most places down south and some places in the west are nice ..AZ /MO etc ....Skip most palces on the east cost like NY/NJ even VT now are going crazy lib

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Without weighing in on anything political or particulars of your local laws, all I can really say is I am perfectly happy with my Zenith Z-5P (MP5K w/ 3-lug clone). I believe Zenith are quality products.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Watch this video.

https://youtu.be/ChWl08oFJd4

E
    sdx and FergusandCo like this.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Someone on this board who knows more about the MP5 than pretty much anyone alive and whose integrity is above question now holds a high position at Zenith. If he didn't think that they made a bomber facsimile...he wouldn't. I don't own one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links