ETS MP5 Clear Polymer Mags - Page 18
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: ETS MP5 Clear Polymer Mags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I contacted the customer service dept @ ETSgroup, as instructed on this forum. They gave me instructions to send my incorrect mag loader(Duh!) to them, and they would exchange it for the correct one for the ETS, and my other MP5 mags. It arrived at the "exchange center" on Saturday, and I am in the wait mode currently. My ETS 10 round mag was a tight fit when I got it, but with a little "tuning" and insertion/removal, it now works great. It locks up better in my magwell(BW5) than any of my steel mags(HK-POF-ATI). The mag springs are stiff, and my thumb was taking a beating at the range. That is my reason for purchasing the correct mag loader, as the ETS mag worked 100% in my gun for 100 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just received my exchange ETS rifle mag loader from the ETSgroup. I want to say thank you very much for your assistance, as you surely did not have to make the exchange for me. I believe in giving credit when credit is due!!

I read the instructions and decided to give it a try. I own ETS(10 rounder) HK, POF, ATI mags, and a couple others that I am not sure just who made them. I loaded 11 different mags with this loader, and it is really slick!!! It picks up the 9mm from the box(or can load from bulk), and loads 10 rounds with no problems, or discomfort. I will admit that I have never used other loaders for MP5 mags, but have used other loaders for other mags(pistol and rifle), and none are any easier to use that the ETS unit.

The one I use for Uzi mags does hold 32 rounds, which makes things simple, but you have to hand load the 32 9mm rounds into the loader one at a time. Anyway, I am pleased with this loader, and it fits nicely into my carry case for my BW5FS......that is alll...out!!
    login_local likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    ^^^650 G3 mags! You glutton. That's awesome. I too had to buy a box--but more like 100 or so....just bc and all that that we gun guys fear.

six hundred and fifty? hahahahah. That's great. I love it when people go way overboard...when its cheap to do so.
    So stacking 'em deep and high doesnt apply only to slab cracking ammo caches anymore.

650. hahahah. I cant stop laughing.
    I could Def see myself doing that too is why.
    I've been told I have a problem. I'm still evaluating that. It might be true.
    login_local likes this.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just ordered one of these mags and one of their loaders. They have 10% off and free shipping currently. The free shipping is only if you buy a mag loader.

It will be interesting to see how these mags work in my PTR 9ct. Will report back once I receive and test the mag.
    gt40doc likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought one of these mags to try out and nothing beats the good old fashioned metal mags from HK. These plastic mags look cool but the way they feel when you insert them into the magwell feels bad.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's plastic, it goes without saying it won't feel as nice as a metal mag, what matters is whether or not they lock in, and feed, which both of mine do quite well.
    gt40doc likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got my ETS mag and loader today.

Very fast shipping from the guys over there. I ordered direct from ETS. I got a 20 round mag to test out.

The mag locks into my PTR 9CT very nicely. Also very tight. There is zero wiggle once the mag is locked in. I do notice that the top of the feed lips rubs the bolt slightly when working it by hand. In fact its enough to hang the bolt up if working it slow. I'll see if this causes any issues during shooting.

The mag loader is EXCELLENT. It is very fast to load mags with. I've tried both these mp5 mags as well as AR mags and its incredibly nice to use.
    gt40doc likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got back from the range and used the ETS mag the whole time.

I shot 400 rounds and had no malfunctions from the mag. I brought some ammo that I'm trying to get to work in the gun, and those had a couple issues, but I expected that. I just need to change a few things around and get that ammo to run good.

But with all other ammo I tried the mag worked flawlessly. The slight drag on the bolt didn't seem to affect the function at all. The fit is a little on the tight side but no problems locking in

The loader also works great.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19trax95 View Post
    I got back from the range and used the ETS mag the whole time.

I shot 400 rounds and had no malfunctions from the mag. I brought some ammo that I'm trying to get to work in the gun, and those had a couple issues, but I expected that. I just need to change a few things around and get that ammo to run good.

But with all other ammo I tried the mag worked flawlessly. The slight drag on the bolt didn't seem to affect the function at all. The fit is a little on the tight side but no problems locking in

The loader also works great.
    I saw some at the gun show (GRB Houston TX) yesterday. They were in the cardboard backed blister packs. Didn't get to fondle them because they were behind glass.

How thick is the plastic? That's one of the regular problems with plastic. You typically have to make it thicker to get it strong enough. That can make a difference on which types of ammo you use in some cases. The overall length of the round still has to fit freely in there and can still be prone to problems because it might drag.

What type of ammo are you trying to get running reliably? Is it too weak, or some other issue? Keep an eye on your extractor spring if you get any double feeds from a FTE. Make sure it doesn't get comprimised from the excessive lateral force. Probably hasn't, but just wanted to mention it as something to always stay aware of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The plastic is fairly thick.

I have issues with this ammo with the steel KCI mags as well, so it's not mag related.

I have double feeds from failure to extracts. Not all the time, but at least a few times in say 50 rounds.

And it's all my reloads. I tried some new bullets. They are hi tek coated. They work great in everything else i have. Just need to get them sorted out in this gun.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links