Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: ETS MP5 Clear Polymer Mags

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19trax95 View Post
    The plastic is fairly thick.

I have issues with this ammo with the steel KCI mags as well, so it's not mag related.

I have double feeds from failure to extracts. Not all the time, but at least a few times in say 50 rounds.

And it's all my reloads. I tried some new bullets. They are hi tek coated. They work great in everything else i have. Just need to get them sorted out in this gun.
    More specs. Weight, type, etc.? What OAL are you loading them at?
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

147RN grain bullet (SNS casting)
    1.16" OAL
    4.2 grains CFE Pistol
    CCI primer

Like I mentioned they do run great with zero issues in any other gun I own. The most comparable gun I have to the 9CT would be my sig mpx.

I'm wondering if they are a little too long?

I dont think its "power" since I've loaded some real bunny farts and this gun cycled them fine. I have ran everything from cheap blazer stuff to some federal +p+ stuff I have and it ran great. Just doesn't like this particular loading with the coated bullets.
    Last edited by 19trax95; 12-16-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you notice any "drag marks" on the top of ETS mag feed lips after running that much ammo through your gun? I used my ETS mag in my BW5FS, and it has zero contact with the bolt. I am also a handloader, and might suggest that you find a 147gr factory cartridge with a similar bullet configuration that functions 100% in your gun, and copy the OAL. I think that the 147gr bullets may be a bit more temperamental in the MP5 than a 115gr, or 124gr bullet combo......just a thought.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very light marking on the top of the feed lips. It's hardly able to be felt with your finger.

But then again the KCI mags had light marks on the feed lips after a few rounds as well. Hasn't changed since the first mag it two though.

Edit: here's a picture. Cant see much but its the best angle I could get to sort of show the marks
    Last edited by 19trax95; 12-17-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, there is no problem with those feed lips in your gun. Another thought, be sure that your extractor spring has not been damaged(stretched/bent) with the jams(loose extractor is bad ju-ju for reliable feeding/ejecting).

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've got a half a case or so rounds through a variety of the ETS mags and have no problems as of yet.

Here is one of my nieces blasting away having fun shooting Uncle Sticks ammo ...

Anopstyx, gt40doc and sparkey02 like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

First of all, I have a made in Germany HK MP5 made from a 94. It takes any and every German accessory or part except possibly some made in Germany for the F model but I do not know that for sure.

I bought two of the 40 round amber/clear ETS magazines. Hard to load by hand when you get about halfway full.... way harder than an HK made straight or curved 30...plus the stupid things do not accept the use of any of my three German made HK MP5 loaders. To top it all off NEITHER OF THE MAGAZINES FUNCTION WITH ANY 9mm AMMUNITION THAT I OWN. Supersonic older 115 gr mil spec with the NATO compass - some call it the cross but its really a compass if you look it up and look at it with magnification - newer mil spec supersonic FMJ 124 gr military issue. Remington 115 grain. subsonic: IMI, PPU, Fiocchi … all 158 grain. HUSH 165 grain, according to them specifically made for subguns and real handguns like H&K's, 1911's and Sig heavy metal guns - Glocks don't count.. in many ways to me.
    So tonight I'm going to the range, unloading my ammunition from the two ETS 40 round curved mags, planting them in the snow and shooting them to death. I would readily give them away but I would hate for someone to have possession of them and think they were real magazines. They totally suck the big one. Nice thought, lightweight, like the see through aspect but absolutely won't feed even if I only put 10 or 20 in them.
    That's all folks..

George from Alaska

HK45T DA/SA, HK45T Light LEM, Mark 23 90's era, no lockout, P30L v3, P30L Light LEM, USP .45 Elite
    rrMP5 SEF select fire - Flemming from a 94
    IGF MP5 SBR - now a post sample
    IGF HK33 pistol - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 SD pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    TSC MP5K N pistol from a German SP89 - now a post sample
    bunch of suppressors
    other NFA machine guns
    07/02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps before you do that get a hold of ETS and have them exchange these mags. Your experience is the same as mine for the first 40 rounders I got - ETS replaced them and now they work great.
    gt40doc and gt40doc like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've got a half a case or so rounds through a variety of the ETS mags and have no problems as of yet.

Here is one of my nieces blasting away having fun shooting Uncle Sticks ammo ...

A few more photos like that and it's time to go to the printer's shop.

Looking forward to your HK calendar. You know, since HK isn't making one this year. Pictures like that, I could hang up at work... and not have to go directly to HR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree 100% with Chip12345.....get in touch with ETS about your problem mags. The early high cap mags were found to have problems with mag/ follower clearances, and did exactly what you described happened to yours. They will replace your mags with the new redesigned mags, which seem to work just fine. So far, I am only using the ETS 10 rounds mags, and they work 100%.

Of course, If you just want to shoot up your new mags......by all means, go for it!!

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links