Full Auto MP5 .22lr
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Full Auto MP5 .22lr

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Full Auto MP5 .22lr

With all of the great HK smiths & clone manufacturers out there today, why hasn’t anyone come out with a dedicated .22lr build on the MP5 platform? I’m not talking about a conversion kit that’s got spotty performance or a Umarex type clone, but a real MP5 in .22lr that uses real HK trigger packs (and my SEAR!).

Feeding the beast is always a problem, but HKParts has 50 & 110 round drums for Umarex/GSG guns. Mag wells could be build around a particular mag. Even better, go full bastardization and use Ruger 10/22 mags - there’s several dozen options there. Affordable US bolt carriers could be moded, and used or US made 9mm barrels could be permanently lined.

I realize economics come into play, but I would bet 75% of sear owners would line up for a $2500-$3000 real MP5 to scratch their .22lr itch.

Edit - yes, I was talking about a sear host

SH
    Last edited by CircleSH; 08-03-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You do realize that this would have had to be built and regulated prior to may 19th 1986. If there were 1 made it would be a post dealer sample and not available to the general public. On the .22 mp5 clones out there now use no existing hk mp5 parts. So no use of a registered sear. There is .22 Kits for the G3 that will run on a registered sear.
    Last edited by hoss710; 07-30-2018 at 02:55 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss710 View Post
    You do realize that this would have had to be built and regulated prior to may 19th 1986. If there were 1 made it would be a post dealer sample and not available to the general public. On the .22 mp5 clones out there now use no existing hk mp5 parts. So no use of a registered sear. There is .22 Kitsap for the G3 that will run on a registered sear.

How would this be any different than the new calibers, such as a TPM MP5 in 357 Sig, or my Dakota Tactical D300BLK? That caliber didn’t even exist in ‘86. It’s a semi auto that’s built with FA parts, simply add a sear pack and go. Jeff at PCS is building a new platform that works with a HK trigger pack.
    Last edited by CircleSH; 07-30-2018 at 02:43 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CircleSH View Post
    How would this be any different than the new calibers, such as a TPM MP5 in 357 Sig, or my Dakota Tactical D300BLK? That caliber didn’t even exist in ‘86. It’s a semi auto that’s built with FA parts, simply add a sear pack and go. Jeff at PCS is building a new platform that works with a HK trigger pack.
    Bing Bang!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So what your thinking is something that runs off a registered sear lower ? that's how new caliber guns are able to be made full auto , If so it can be done. But as many have found .22 is 1 of the hardest caliber guns to make a reliable full auto out of. Ammo variants, dirt, magazines, anti bounce bolts are all added issues. I have a transferable 10/22 and a American 180. Unless you have a John Norrell 10/22 , you may not understand not many of the conversions worked other than his. Its would be a expensive challenge for sure.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You do realize that this would have had to be built and regulated prior to may 19th 1986. If there were 1 made it would be a post dealer sample and not available to the general public. On the .22 mp5 clones out there now use no existing hk mp5 parts. So no use of a registered sear. There is .22 Kitsap for the G3 that will run on a registered sear.
    Yea the 22 kit for the g3 is going to be the best option that I know of. They are getting more expensive but work. Extra mags are going to be very hard to find but it can be cut down to work with the shorter g3s.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You do realize that this would have had to be built and regulated prior to may 19th 1986. If there were 1 made it would be a post dealer sample and not available to the general public. On the .22 mp5 clones out there now use no existing hk mp5 parts. So no use of a registered sear. There is .22 Kits for the G3 that will run on a registered sear.
    Incorrect.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was talking about if the gun were to produced today on a registered receiver. If you read my other comments you will see I do mention it can be done with a registered sear. So under those circumstances as a new product it would have to be done with either a transferable receiver or a registered sear. So I was correct if you read the other post. I was unsure if the op understood you can't make a registered receiver today for the the average person. But could make something to work with something registered before may 19th 1986.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A little birdy by the initials of T.B. was supposed to bring one to market years ago and it went the way of the 5.7 MP7 in the US. Dont count on seeing one.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would absolutely love to have a dedicated .22 sear host mp5. Tod Bailey was supposed to produce one as was I think Ghillibear. Unfortunately neither one was brought to market. I still hold out hope that one day someone will make one but I’m not holding my breath...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links