What trigger housing for a Zenith Z-5K?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What trigger housing for a Zenith Z-5K?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a Zenith Z-5P and I was thinking of getting a new trigger housing for it. I've never done this before, so I'm a bit unnerved that I'll spend $100 on the wrong part.

I understand Clipped and Pinned is to make an otherwise push-pin trigger housing fit a semi-auto "shelf" gun (like my Coharie Arms CA94). However, this Z-5P has an actual working pin, so I should be good with a "push pin" trigger housing, correct?

Does it matter if I want to get one of the housings that has the machine gun markings? Are they all identical on the inside? Would a three or four position trigger housing mess up my semi-auto trigger group?
    Last edited by jwise; 07-31-2018 at 05:28 AM. Reason: It's a Z-5P not a Z-5K if that makes any difference.
    J. Wise

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default What trigger housing for a Zenith Z-5K?

Deleted. Misread question. My mistake.

May I ask what’s wrong with the one your Zenith came with?
    Last edited by dan1612; 07-30-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He's asking about trigger housings, not triggers.

The majority of the pictogram housings available will not work with your Zenith SEF pack. You need an ambi pack.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    Deleted. Misread question. My mistake.

May I ask what’s wrong with the one your Zenith came with?
    I don't like the feel of the thumb shelf/finger groove pistol grip, and I really don't like the look of the 'skeletonized' housing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fair enough. I don’t notice what you’re on about but completely understand wanting to make it to your taste.
    Good luck with your project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    He's asking about trigger housings, not triggers.

The majority of the pictogram housings available will not work with your Zenith SEF pack. You need an ambi pack.
    Ah! The Z-5P is non-ambi, and therefore it won't fit in an ambi-housing, correct? I would need to find a non-ambi housing, or would need a new ambi trigger group to go with one of the pictogram marked housings?

Let's say I did that, and bought a semi-auto ambi-trigger group. Could I then put that in a 4-pos housing that is "push-pin"?
    Last edited by jwise; 07-31-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah, it's cheaper to buy the entire ambi group. HKParts will sell you the entire group that will work with your push pin receiver.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...&idcategory=89

Just need to specify in order notes that you need one that isn't clipped and pinned.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If you want just the sef housing without the thumb groove you want something like this.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...idcategory=142

If you want the ambi setup you can buy the aftermarket selectors for that and using your existing trigger pack or buy the complete amib pack like what is linked above me.

Edit: There are separate ambi selectors for the sef style packs. It will not work with the ones designed for the ambi hk packs.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    Yeah, it's cheaper to buy the entire ambi group. HKParts will sell you the entire group that will work with your push pin receiver.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...&idcategory=89

Just need to specify in order notes that you need one that isn't clipped and pinned.

I ordered this for my zenith . Mine fits super tight. I had to lightly hammer in the front take down pin. It appears the zenith isn’t quite to hk spec in this area. It kinda bugs me .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Any of the non clipped and pinned, push pin, pictogram housings will work with your semi pack on the Z5(if that's what your asking? You just want the look with the full auto housing right?). Meaning it will just drop in. The selector will go in and function, but there will be a gap on the other side around the selector hole due to the housing being for an ambi selector(larger selector opening). It's not terribly bad and not even noticeable from a foot or more out. I could post a picture if I knew how lol. I think there are semi housings with the full auto pictogram, but if you can deal with the open space around the selector, go cheap and just buy a full auto housing. Btw, I'm fairly new to these guns, so I could be wrong about everything, but I just happen to have all the parts laying around and have already done it out of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by jwise View Post
    I have a Zenith Z-5P and I was thinking of getting a new trigger housing for it. I've never done this before, so I'm a bit unnerved that I'll spend $100 on the wrong part.

I understand Clipped and Pinned is to make an otherwise push-pin trigger housing fit a semi-auto "shelf" gun (like my Coharie Arms CA94). However, this Z-5P has an actual working pin, so I should be good with a "push pin" trigger housing, correct?

Does it matter if I want to get one of the housings that has the machine gun markings? Are they all identical on the inside? Would a three or four position trigger housing mess up my semi-auto trigger group?
    Last edited by 4npower; 08-02-2018 at 04:13 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Zenith MP5K-N 3rnd Burst Post Sample
    Zenith MP5F 3rnd Burst Post Sample
    BI MR556/416 Post Sample
    IK SP89
    AG USP Compact .40
    AG USP .40
    BA P30 .40
    BB 45C
    BI USC .45
    BI MR556
    BK MR762