Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?

Who has one? I've heard good things. I don't know if I'm going to get one, but I'm trying to learn what I can to make the best decision.

Can the Binary Trigger Group go into a standard trigger housing? I think I saw where they recommend a three-position housing, but I don't know why other than that would make the most sense (Binary Trigger Group has three positions!)

If I had a four position housing, would that mess it up?

Do I need additional parts other than the trigger group?

HKParts.com sells a complete trigger group housing with the Binary Trigger Group installed and it looks like it comes with other parts installed as well. Not sure why... I am tempted just to go this route, but I prefer a pictogram markings over the SEF markings.

The website has a drop-down menu for the complete housing, where you have to select the model. It has "Zenith MP5K". Is that the one I should select for the Z-5K? I think yes, but thought I'd ask just to make sure.

Any other thoughts on this mod?
    J. Wise

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It pops right into your Zenith lower. Probably the easiest mod you can do on a clone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    It pops right into your Zenith lower. Probably the easiest mod you can do on a clone.
    Did you JUST buy the trigger group, or did you get the complete housing? Did you need to buy any additional parts? HKParts.com was a little confusing, making it appear like I would need a new 3-pos housing and a few small parts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?

I bought just the trigger group, and used a couple of parts from the group in it, then sold what I didn’t need to offset my investment a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Like this:
    Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!https://www.gunbroker.com/item/780597300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ad for the Binary Trigger Group says:

* Ambidextrous Safety Selector.
    * Safety Selector will fit in two and three position trigger housings.
    * Will not work with Ambi Housings
    * Trigger housing, ejector, ejector pin and ejector spring are not included.

That's confusing! It's ambi, but it won't fit ambi housings? Since I want the different pistol grip housing anyway, I might just get the complete package. It's a little more expensive, but it will give me two complete trigger housings it that's worth anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jwise View Post
    The ad for the Binary Trigger Group says:

* Ambidextrous Safety Selector.
    * Safety Selector will fit in two and three position trigger housings.
    * Will not work with Ambi Housings
    * Trigger housing, ejector, ejector pin and ejector spring are not included.

That's confusing! It's ambi, but it won't fit ambi housings? Since I want the different pistol grip housing anyway, I might just get the complete package. It's a little more expensive, but it will give me two complete trigger housings it that's worth anything.

I have a binary I got last week, have installed it but have not got to the range yet.
    The Franklin pack has 2 selector levers included ,one each for left & right sides of trigger housing ....so they use the term ambidextrous.Most users opt to not install the right side selector anyways as it is fairly large and can interfere with your trigger finger assuming you are right-handed.Franklin also includes a small round button cap to thread on the right side of housing if you don’t want the right side selector lever.
    I beleve there are differences in selector lever shaft hole diameters drilled in the Ambi-pack-housings as compared to an SEF housing but anyways you could try something like this for a housing and the Franklin pack will fit no problem...https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...idcategory=142
    I myself would not bother with purchasing another trigger pack for your Zenith just to get the 3 parts the Franklin needs to have installed in it.You can easily take the existing ejector lever ,spring,& cam pin from your Zenith pack and drop them in in seconds flat ...so easy a caveman can do it! You stated you are shopping around for a good deal on the Franklin binary pack...There are at least 1or 2 members here selling their NIB Franklin packs for $500 or so in the HK/parts/accesories subsection!
    I got mine for $629 ...But I got a free 50 round drum magazine ($199 value) with it for that price.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just waiting for the Bump Stock letter from the ATF after one is used at the next "event". GARY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
    Just waiting for the Bump Stock letter from the ATF after one is used at the next "event". GARY
    Gary,
    I feel your pain, but I’m sure not gonna lose any sleep over it or agonize about owning a binary or similar device.If I was that worried I would have purchased one secondhand to avoid “the letter”.I look at it all like this: Unfortunately the Democrats will sooner or later get enough votes to control one or both houses and then the party is over and everything fun eventually becomes unobtainium anyways......

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The BFS fits a lot better in a SEF housing as far as the safety goes. The hole on both sides of the housing is sized smaller and a closer fit for the safety. Although you can put the safety levers on both sides, I found the right side lever got in the way of my stubby trigger finger so I installed the “button”. Took a file to it and cut a V wedge, then filled it in with red paint so it indicates trigger state on the right side. For the cost of a plastic trigger housing and three parts, I’ve got two complete trigger groups - BFS and stock for my SP5K SBR.

LEFT SIDE VIEW
    Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?-photo-may-16-16-13-18.jpg

RIGHT SIDE VIEW
    Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?-photo-may-16-16-13-50.jpg

BETTER PICS
    Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?-photo-may-24-12-23-15.jpg
    Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Group in a Zenith Z-5K?-photo-may-24-12-24-20.jpg
    Last edited by UltraFudd; 07-31-2018 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Add pics of complete weapon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links