Recommend a welder for my new PTR 9C

Thread: Recommend a welder for my new PTR 9C

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Recommend a welder for my new PTR 9C

So I decided to order a new PTR 9C from Atlantic this morning. Originally I was going to obtain a Zenith due to the fact those come with a front sling loop and is non railed. If PTR had this as an option, I would have gone with the PTR, as the quality of their products are fantastic. I have several PTR 91's, and pre-ordered a PTR/C93 through Buds. Anyway, as it turns out, my pre-ordered Zenith fell through, hence the reason I ordered the PTR today.

I can live with the rail, but I did order the F style weld on ambi sling attachment plate today. Looking for recommendations on somebody that could weld this on, and refinish the front sight block. I don't know why PTR omitted any type of front sling attachment points, and hopefully in the future this issue will be resolved. Not all of us like single point slings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Off the top of my head... bet Jeff Walters (PCS) could help you out with that.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'd also try Zenith. They have a 15% off for refinishing any roller gun till months end. They will quote before you send it in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not familiar with the PTR's handguard there (I think they're butt ugly), not sure how they are with the hanger/attachment method but maybe one of those "Ambi sling pins" with the loop would work, and not require any welding/work done?

Edit: Oops, reread it...you already ordered the weldment. Maybe still valid suggestion if whoever you decide to have the work done by is backlogged?

Last edited by NorincoKid; 08-14-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NorincoKid View Post
    Not familiar with the PTR's handguard there (I think they're butt ugly), not sure how they are with the hanger/attachment method but maybe one of those "Ambi sling pins" with the loop would work, and not require any welding/work done?

Edit: Oops, reread it...you already ordered the weldment. Maybe still valid suggestion if whoever you decide to have the work done by is backlogged?

The money you'd save him ordering one of those sling pins, I would eat the cost of the weld-on sling loop for the front tower.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NorincoKid View Post

I've seen these before, but I much prefer a regular push pin. There's also a local smith here that can attach the weldment, but I don't have any good photo's of the factory HK weld job. A search didn't yeild any pictures.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

2nd for Jeff PCS Aka Ghilliebear
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Sponsored Links