UMP Stock Ideas?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: UMP Stock Ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default UMP Stock Ideas?

Hi all,

Tax stamp came back for the UMP build, so it's time to sell the brace and add a stock.

My only qualm with the HK style stock for the UMP is the lack of cheek weld. Honestly, the stock doesn't feel much different than the brace to me, so I've been exploring my other options.

Can anyone let me know if there are options out there I haven't seen? What's been your experience/solution for stock improvement?

1) There is the Cadillac of adapters, the ACR adapter and stock which I'll need to take out a mortgage to buy.

2) Tbostic has a picatinny rail stock adapter and told me he is currently designing/building an AR tube adapter (similar to the Hogue one years ago)

3) Find some kind of aftermarket riser to attach to the UMP stock and get a better cheek weld

Here is my baby, because everyone likes pictures. Eotech XPS-0 is getting here today and the barrel's going to be chopped down Friday so suppressor sits flush :)

UMP Stock Ideas?-ump.jpg
    motodave01 likes this.
    Shitters Full

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

>Says ACR stock and adapter is balls ass expensive
    >Has NFA UMP and entered world of HK

But in all seriousness, You basically listed what's available. Either go UMP stock or the bostic 1913/MCX stock adapter or.....thats it. The ACR adapter by HDPS is for USC's and the rear end is different from what the omega has (which is a more true UMP rear end there). So you basically have two options alone UMP or MCX adapter. If you don't like the cheek weld or lack there of from the UMP stock then I would go MCX adapter and get the traditional carbine stock variant. Keep in mind the mcx route also has ar15 buffer tube adapters available. see link for options. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/stocks.html
    Last edited by redmax29; 08-14-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
    >Says ACR stock and adapter is balls ass expensive
    >Has NFA UMP and entered world of HK

But in all seriousness, You basically listed what's available. Either go UMP stock or the bostic 1913/MCX stock adapter or.....thats it. The ACR adapter by HDPS is for USC's and the rear end is different from what the omega has (which is a more true UMP rear end there). So you basically have two options alone UMP or MCX adapter. If you don't like the cheek weld or lack there of from the UMP stock then I would go MCX adapter and get the traditional carbine stock variant. Keep in mind the mcx route also has ar15 buffer tube adapters available. see link for options. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/stocks.html
    Haha I got a good laugh out of that man. Believe me, I’m fully aware of how hypocritical this post is. I picked the wrong brand to fall in love with!

Im glad you said that about the ACR. I was looking at the one on HKParts and just assumed it fit the GS. I’d go the AR tube route, except I’m not sure how much I will like the look of that. Maybe a Magpul UBR? Even then I’m close to $300 with stock+adapter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerwhayes View Post
    Haha I got a good laugh out of that man. Believe me, I’m fully aware of how hypocritical this post is. I picked the wrong brand to fall in love with!

Im glad you said that about the ACR. I was looking at the one on HKParts and just assumed it fit the GS. I’d go the AR tube route, except I’m not sure how much I will like the look of that. Maybe a Magpul UBR? Even then I’m close to $300 with stock+adapter.
    Yeah, The HDPS Block won't mount the gideon due to it securing via the two side screws that secure the USC stock to the receiver. I as well don't care for the "Just put an ar stock on it" answer to things either. Not because they're impractical because it's usually the most practical answer. It's just 1 of 3 most boring and common anyone and everyone does to mod their guns. 2 and 3 being bolt on something from magpul and insert a glock mag.

The MCX adapter is your best bet if you really don't want the ump stock plus it will appear a little more unique. I don't know if they will fully fold into proper position though with UMP receiver dimensions. Alternatively, you could get a firm adhesive attached foam to attach to a ump stock to give you a cheek weld in an ad hoc G36 stock with riser. https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-G...st-185p278.htm

Or buy the sl8 riser and attempt to bolt it on? https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/SL8-...r-185p1701.htm

Just Ideas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post

Yeah, The HDPS Block won't mount the gideon due to it securing via the two side screws that secure the USC stock to the receiver. I as well don't care for the "Just put an ar stock on it" answer to things either. Not because they're impractical because it's usually the most practical answer. It's just 1 of 3 most boring and common anyone and everyone does to mod their guns. 2 and 3 being bolt on something from magpul and insert a glock mag.

The MCX adapter is your best bet if you really don't want the ump stock plus it will appear a little more unique. I don't know if they will fully fold into proper position though with UMP receiver dimensions. Alternatively, you could get a firm adhesive attached foam to attach to a ump stock to give you a cheek weld in an ad hoc G36 stock with riser. https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-G...st-185p278.htm

Or buy the sl8 riser and attempt to bolt it on? https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/SL8-...r-185p1701.htm

Just Ideas.
    Spot on with AR assessment. A friend of mine actually has the ACR on his USC conversion. I may take a look at the dimensions of the attachment point on his and see if it’s possible to modify the GS receiver to accept the ACR directly, no adapter.

If that fails, I’ll probably just end up with the UMP stock so I can at least retain the classic look.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Semi-necro'ing this thread to see if anyone out there has come up with some other stock solutions for the Gideon Shadow? Mine is SBR'd and I'm ready to replace the brace, just haven't found an alternative I'm in love with yet.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I have seen ACR / UMP stock adapter somewhere, at least It has a adjustable cheek weld height and actually looks kind of cool, *** Sorry already mentioned ***
    Last edited by GuntherRommel; 01-31-2019 at 04:42 PM.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I don't know much about the Gideon Shadow. I have a USC convert to UMP with the ACR kit. When I got my ACR set up, it wasn't too spendy. I like the feel of the ACR, etc..... I too never cared for the OEM UMP stock. for me the length was never right, and it was not very substantial.

on a side note, it is too bad Bushy ruined the ACR, but at least we found a use for the stock
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

The ACR stock is great on a UMP especially if you're using an optic on the rail. If you can make that happen somehow I'd go that way.UMP Stock Ideas?-img_3481.jpg
    If the ATF would ever give SiShop the greenlight for their Form 1 service to fire up again I could get rid of the goofy barrel.
    GuntherRommel likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My only qualm with the HK style stock for the UMP is the lack of cheek weld.
    I don't understand this statement. I have to drive my face into the stock so hard on the UMP to use the iron sights that when I shoot, it hurts my face. The UMP has many issues, but lack of cheek weld isn't one of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links