F5 drum mag
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: F5 drum mag

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default F5 drum mag

After all the mag talk I finally broke down and ordered the 50 round drum from hkparts https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/50-R...m-74p16537.htm

Received it today and first thing I did was try it in a gun before loading. Didn't lock into any of my hosts, both clones and one German made gun. Fit is the very similar on all. Goes in the mag well easy enough but doesn't lock in. It appears the mag is hitting on the bottom of the trunion. Anyone else have the same issue with this mag. Should I just remove a little material from the top of the mag?
    F5 drum mag-20180820_202407_resized.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

There are shims that you can peel off to make it fit your specific gun. Should probably read the product description completely before buying big ticket items in the future.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have the same issues I have 9 guns and it only locks up in 1 of my vector guns. I think the mag slot in the mag needs about .007 to .01 removed from the top edge to allow it to lock up. Just my opinion. When I get time I'll throw it in my mill and give it a try

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    There are shims that you can peel off to make it fit your specific gun. Should probably read the product description completely before buying big ticket items in the future.
    Thanks Aphex. Any chance you have any first hand experience with this mag?

I expected the same removable shims reading the description- however the F5 mag I received does not have this feature. Plus the fit issue I am having does not appear to be a front to back issue the shims are meant to correct but an insertion depth problem. I called HK parts and left messages this morning but have not heard back from them yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F5 drum mag-20180820_235913_resized.jpg  

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss710 View Post
    I have the same issues I have 9 guns and it only locks up in 1 of my vector guns. I think the mag slot in the mag needs about .007 to .01 removed from the top edge to allow it to lock up. Just my opinion. When I get time I'll throw it in my mill and give it a try
    Hopefully HK parts will get back with me and advise. I almost hate to start whittling on a brand new mag - especially when the pics and description don't match the product supplied. I had expected a Xproducts mag. Maybe the F5 and X are one in the same. But mine does not have the knurling pictured nor the removable shims.

Does anyone here have one of these mags? F5 or Xproducts?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Though difficult to find (and heavier), I wonder how the C&S Metall-Werkes Ltd. steel drums (72-round) work in the various clones!!!

Tony
    Anopstyx likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was just about to buy one of these sometime this week, but I think I'll hold off for a minute and see what happens here. Those things aren't cheap either, which is why I was going to just grab one to check out. Hopefully this is just something minor, as it would be nice to have a few mags that held more than 30-40 rounds. I wish MP5 mags were as easy, and cheap to get like AR mags.
    Hidden Content
    Zenith MP5K-N 3rnd Burst Post Sample
    Zenith MP5F 3rnd Burst Post Sample
    BI MR556/416 Post Sample
    IK SP89
    AG USP Compact .40
    AG USP .40
    BA P30 .40
    BB 45C
    BI USC .45
    BI MR556
    BK MR762

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The first run of the drums came with shims. He made some slight changes and went without on the second run. And I believe that's where the issue's started with fitment.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

X products and F5 are 2 different entities. I have talked to the owner of F5. He swears they fit his German HK. But it doesn't fit mine, and only 1 of my clones.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

$200.00+ = 4+ 30-round German curved magazines!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links