A rare unicorn... an actual running Special Weapons SW45 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: A rare unicorn... an actual running Special Weapons SW45

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdfarming View Post
    special gun! bet it will have nicer thump to it when the barrel gets chopped.
    After putting 9 mags through it yesterday, I can tell you it's a thumper as it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice work. Congrats! Your story is EXACTLY why I have not bought a .45 MP. And they pop up infrequently with a peculiar regularity. Is that a THING!? I have not possessed the fortitude to go through the hassles as I am still currently working on a few other "Only driven on Sunday" firearms I have purchased from complete liars.

I thought the angle odd in your video, until the little fireballs appeared with regularity out the end of the barrel. Then I said, "hey, cool angle!"... :-)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    Him speakith the truth. And this is the reason I had to SBR my SW5, and also why so many sear owners (including me) had to SBR their HK94s.
    Yea I've personally sbr'd all of my hosts(I don't have any hk guns that are not sbr length). Even the sp5k's were sbr'd. I'd rather have them in sbr config vs swaping handguards and stocks back and forth. The rest of the guns started as rifles that were cutdown.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

@Beowulf Congratz! Finding bolt heads is a labor of love and I am impressed with your follow through!

There are a couple sw45s on gb right now (not mine or affiliation) if someone else wants to take the dive.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/787100578
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785977414

I bet a few more these find their way to BlackOps Defense.
    My hat is off to Wes, he deserves some props as it takes a smith with some serious dedication and chops to take on a project like this.
    Last edited by flybynt; 10-01-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    @Beowulf Congratz! Finding bolt heads is a labor of love and I am impressed with your follow through!

There are a couple sw45s on gb right now (not mine or affiliation) if someone else wants to take the dive.

My hat is off to Wes, he deserves some props as it takes a smith with some serious dedication and chops to take on a project like this.
    Very tempting! that second one i like allot

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

That's pretty brave of Wes to take that on, but he seems like a quality tinkerer. I took a chance and had him work on a Getz or UMP clone a few years ago.. can't remember which, but I do know that it was a weird situation and he delivered on a fix. Glad he got it to work for you!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerjack View Post
    Nice work. Congrats! Your story is EXACTLY why I have not bought a .45 MP. And they pop up infrequently with a peculiar regularity. Is that a THING!? I have not possessed the fortitude to go through the hassles as I am still currently working on a few other "Only driven on Sunday" firearms I have purchased from complete liars.

I thought the angle odd in your video, until the little fireballs appeared with regularity out the end of the barrel. Then I said, "hey, cool angle!"... :-)
    I like to call that angle the "I don't have 3 hands" shot.

I keep thinking I need to buy one of those little flexible arms tripod for my phone, but I never do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I like to call that angle the "I don't have 3 hands" shot.

I keep thinking I need to buy one of those little flexible arms tripod for my phone, but I never do.
    OH SURE, you'll drop thousands on a MP45 but won't buy the little flexible arm thingy!? C'mon man! Get with the program!

Ya know I am just kidding with ya...
    Last edited by Crackerjack; 10-02-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post

I wrote BOTH these sellers and inquired as to the reliability of the item in question. Will see what their response is. I am getting worn out buying other people's problems. I still think there is room in the market to have an auction sight that includes video of the weapon for sale firing.

To relay a story of such inquiry, I was looking at a semi auto Bren a few years back. Seller was in my home state. Due to a less than satisfactory purchase a few years before that, of the same product, I was very leary. In most of my inquiries, owners just had never tried firing their weapon. What good is a gun that does not shoot or function properly!? So, almost typically, the sellers response was "of course it works"....

I said I would pay the asking price, cash, if he sent a video illustrating the rifle going through at least 28 rounds of .303 from the magazine. Interestingly, I received an e-mail, showing the rifle, demonstrating that it was NOT functioning properly. The seller was shocked. :-) He said he would work on the problem and get back with me. I ended up taking a trip to meet the man and do some additional testing with him. In the end, he could not get the rifle to function appropriately so I did not go through with the deal. Thankfully, he was in my home state and only about 3 hours away, so it was worth the trouble.
    Last edited by Crackerjack; 10-02-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I think there was a second generation called SW45X. They made some small mods. It might be helpful to be aware of those mods and whether that knowledge could prove helpful for anybody else trying to get one of these running well. You can search it on here. Lots of info on them.
    Last edited by retrodog; 10-03-2018 at 12:23 AM.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links