Reputable Clones - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Reputable Clones

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by login_local View Post
    Lot of hate for PTR in here... I own a PTR 9CT and will talk about why I like my gun.
    I dunno. I don't see hate for PTR. Just realism. PTRs are mass produced; DT's are hand built. Stands to reason there will be pricing and quality differences. Honestly, on that basis alone of hand-built/inspected, I'd suspect that DT has the edge on HK for quality control.

I'm about as zealous of an HK-purist as one can get, and even still -- I know a PTR in 7.62x39 is in my future sooner or later. Good guns, I'm sure -- but they're not hand-fit and so on.. but I don't care: inexpensive gun, and cheap soviet ammo to run through it? Yeah thats happening.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    I dunno. I don't see hate for PTR. Just realism. PTRs are mass produced; DT's are hand built. Stands to reason there will be pricing and quality differences. Honestly, on that basis alone of hand-built/inspected, I'd suspect that DT has the edge on HK for quality control.

I'm about as zealous of an HK-purist as one can get, and even still -- I know a PTR in 7.62x39 is in my future sooner or later. Good guns, I'm sure -- but they're not hand-fit and so on.. but I don't care: inexpensive gun, and cheap soviet ammo to run through it? Yeah thats happening.
    And I agree with ^^^^^. There's no "hate on" for PTR. There's also no hate on for Omega.....personally @Marine0303 , I'm a huge fan of, have met, and could say nothing negative. He and Omega....personally.....I'm a fan....and that simply based off meeting him, watching/observing and his knowledge, skills, abilities, their customer service/videos ….. ….plus a bunch of other things that I wont' go into.

Again....with all that's been said. Dude....just pull the trigger. Of the ones listed here, you can't go wrong.

Now....if you're looking for a list of "Go Wrong Guns".....by all means...start a new thread.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Now....if you're looking for a list of "Go Wrong Guns".....by all means...start a new thread.
    Noooooooo... Please use the search function instead.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickj1nd View Post
    Noooooooo... Please use the search function instead.
    LOL!!!!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Last edited by Lumbergh; 10-07-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    "Amat victoria curam"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Bruh. You bring "sick" to a whole new level.

Just sayin.
    sickness, sickness and sickness like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@sickness and @Brad4065 : People generally criticize the welded optics rail and aluminum handguard of the PTR 9CT because they want the "authentic" MP5 look with the wide forearm and naked top. PTR still has quality assurance even if the 9CT is mass produced. This is my first time handling an MP5 (clone or not) so I've inspected every inch of the interior and exterior, disassembling it and reassembling it repeatedly, cleaning it excessively and consulting with other 9CT owners on everything.

Even still, I would prefer a cheaper MP5 clone with the same level of Q/A. AR-15s can be built for under $400, so what's stopping MP5s?
    @Lumbergh Reputable Clones-ptr-9ct.jpg

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

OP,

I understand your concerns and confusion. Being new to the platform, and especially to this forum, these large variations in price should seem strange. You can get a pretty good product for $2,000. No doubt about it. And as a new guy, one of those might be your best bet. You can certainly have a lot of fun with one and will likely be able to get your money back out of it when you decide you want to do an upgrade.

The DT product line is kind of special to us, as is the work done by Joe (Chopstix Kid). It seems like just yesterday when he was posting questions on here about how to build an MP5 from a flat. A lot of people have tried to do it and usually have poor luck and eventually give up. But not Joe. He built guns and did the R&D (Research and Development) to get the bugs worked out. He posted photos of his work on here and we all gave him feedback, sometimes a lot more than he probably wanted. And he made the associated improvements and continued to improve. Joe's work is well respected here for two main reasons: 1. It's a thing of art to those who appreciate this type of art. 2. He's like out own kid who grew up and became better than his parents at stuff.

So if you want a totally unbiased opinion on the subject, it might be tough to get here. But the short answer is... Get a $2,000 gun if you're just interested in testing out the water. Get a DT gun when you've decided you're very serious and want one of the best made (functionally and artistically).

ETA: Oh, and any inexperienced goobers (or self proclaimed purists), when talking about a DT MP5, tell you it's not an HK so it's not worth having, you can just tell them that the general feeling on HK Pro is that it's well worth having.
    Last edited by retrodog; 10-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have multiple DT's, and they are fantastic!

Back in the day there were excessive production delays. As frustrating as that was, the product received from DT is nothing short of great!

I highly recommend their clones.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by login_local View Post
    @sickness and @Brad4065 : People generally criticize the welded optics rail and aluminum handguard of the PTR 9CT because they want the "authentic" MP5 look with the wide forearm and naked top. PTR still has quality assurance even if the 9CT is mass produced. This is my first time handling an MP5 (clone or not) so I've inspected every inch of the interior and exterior, disassembling it and reassembling it repeatedly, cleaning it excessively and consulting with other 9CT owners on everything.

Even still, I would prefer a cheaper MP5 clone with the same level of Q/A. AR-15s can be built for under $400, so what's stopping MP5s?
    @Lumbergh Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ptr-9ct.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	216546
    I don't disagree with anything in this post. But while reading it, I couldn't help but translate it to, "I've only ever had sex with one woman, but I can guarantee you she's just as good as any other."

Yes, I have a twisted sense of humor.

I am however, a little concerned about the thread on here with the PTR-9C denting brass. Not sure why PTR can't seem to fix this. Or maybe the owners aren't trying to get them to enough. And, here it comes, the historical event that I just can't let go of... I still have a PTR91 that is specially chambered for premium ammo only. Thought I was getting a battle rifle, and got something that won't shoot surplus ammo at all. What did PTR do about??? Well they went back to the drawing board and created the PTR-91 GI. That's nice for new buyers, but they told me I was stuck with my special rifle. I'll probably sell it one day, but I'm a little more reserved about trusting them with anything new.

Oh, and don't get me wrong. I still think they're doing God's work. I just think they translate a few of the verses in the bible incorrectly sometimes.
    Last edited by retrodog; 10-07-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    sickness, sickness and sickness like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links