Why are NIB Zenith's impossible to find now? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Why are NIB Zenith's impossible to find now?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I was watching three NIB Z-5rs on gougebroker the past week and they all sold for over $2200 — one of them over $2400!

I don’t understand the desperation.
    Should have seen the prices for a CZ Scorpion SBR stock kit years ago after the first wave dried up... It was insane. Supply ---> Demand I guess.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If you could talk the seller down a bit, the Z-5RS for $1995 is almost doable. $3400 for any Zenith with a binary trigger is a hard no. I’ll take my soft shooting Z-5RS over any of my other 9mm pistols or carbines, especially the blowbacks like my 9mm AR and CZ Scorpion. Even over the gas operated MPX, suppressed or unsuppressed.
    HKSIGslinger likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I was watching three NIB Z-5rs on gougebroker the past week and they all sold for over $2200 — one of them over $2400!

I don’t understand the desperation.
    I saw those as well and also one on Armslist for $3k. Panic buying on a clone I just don't get it???

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shad951 View Post
    I saw those as well and also one on Armslist for $3k. Panic buying on a clone I just don't get it???
    All you Zenith fanboys are destroying your own market. You could get away with all the "It's not a clone. It's made on HK tooling. It's just like a real HK." for only so long. So you've convinced everybody and now they think that $500-$1500 cheaper than the real deal is a bargain.

Now I'm going to go delete my PTR 9CT review thread.
    Last edited by retrodog; 11-19-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    LRM19k likes this.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I think much of it is (or was) availability as it was price. Finding NIB or LNIB HK94s to SBR is getting more difficult, in addition to more expensive. So, what’s wrong with wanting a high quality clone that’s a bit cheaper, plus more available? Even if availability wasn’t an issue, at a lower price difference like $500, many will say they’d get the real thing, but at another price difference like $1500, the clone becomes attractive.

Plus, if you’re going to cut up a gun, some people prefer to do it to a clone and keep their factory HKs intact.

Finally, I think with the return of efile Form1s that get turned around in a couple of weeks, the SBR market is exploding, and a lot of people are looking to get their hands on something to make a MP5 clone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Were were they priced at brand new right before they went dry?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi View Post
    Were were they priced at brand new right before they went dry?
    1650-1700ish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    All you Zenith fanboys are destroying your own market. You could get away with all the "It's not a clone. It's made on HK tooling. It's just like a real HK." for only so long. So you've convinced everybody and now they think that $500-$1500 cheaper than the real deal is a bargain.

Now I'm going to go delete my PTR 9CT review thread.
    I hope that is not directed at me. I do not own a Zenith. I simply agreed to what the previous poster had stated about what price gouged Zenith's are going for now. IMO only a fool would pay $3k for a gun that normally retails for $1700ish depending on what model and or options you add.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shad951 View Post
    I hope that is not directed at me. I do not own a Zenith. I simply agreed to what the previous poster had stated about what price gouged Zenith's are going for now. IMO only a fool would pay $3k for a gun that normally retails for $1700ish depending on what model and or options you add.
    That was more of a general statement to all of us, including myself, as a reminder of the irony of being a victim of our own success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    That was more of a general statement to all of us, including myself, as a reminder of the irony of being a victim of our own success.
    I understand.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links