HK53 bolt carrier modification
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ferdfarming
  • 1 Post By Ferdfarming

Thread: HK53 bolt carrier modification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK53 bolt carrier modification

just wanted to share with you guys pictures of my hk33 bolt carrier that i modified into a hk53 carrier. research of old threads on this website told me that to make a 53 you can either chop the carrier or chop the cocking tube support and use a collapsible recoil rod. i elected to chop the carrier because i thought it would be the easiest as well as make it the way hk built the 53. another reason was that my friend has had poor experience with his collapsible recoil rod on his hk51.

i basically just chopped out a section the same length as the difference between a hk33 and hk53 recoil rod and then seam welded the end that stops the spring back on. i have shot a couple hundred rounds out of my newly built 53 and it must be holding up good the thing runs great. the hk53 clone is my new favorite gun to shoot it is a freaking blast

id also like to mention that the #8 53degree (i believe) Malaysian locking peice would not cycle the gun it didnt impart enough force into the action to force the carrier far back enough to chamber a new round despite having enough force to extract the old round. i replaced the locking piece with the #15 65 degree (i believe, may be wrong on numbers) and that fixed the problem. like i said gun runs really good.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK53 bolt carrier modification-img_2086.jpg   HK53 bolt carrier modification-img_2085.jpg   HK53 bolt carrier modification-img_2140.png  
    Last edited by Ferdfarming; 11-10-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    Jarden likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry about the 2nd pic being out of focus. kinda sucks because those look like good looking section of weld, wish i could see it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If I need something like that welded, I'm sending it to you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarden View Post
    If I need something like that welded, I'm sending it to you.
    haha let me know! thanks man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This gun runs really well! Super fun to shoot. A vid for you guys and another pic of the bolt as well:

Im very tempted to build another 53, whos got a cheap hk33 parts kit for sale? haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK53 bolt carrier modification-img_2202.jpg  
    Jarden likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice work. I'm sitting on two Malay kits. One is excellent and one is very good +

Hope to do one of them into a 53 in .300 BLK. The other will be a very nice 93

RTG has a teaser about new premium 33 kits on the way

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...-HK93-c106.htm
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Nice work. I'm sitting on two Malay kits. One is excellent and one is very good +

Hope to do one of them into a 53 in .300 BLK. The other will be a very nice 93

RTG has a teaser about new premium 33 kits on the way

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...-HK93-c106.htm
    thanks man. i already built a hk33/93 on my first go around. the 53 in .300 should be something else though. talk about rare and cool.

rtg has had those listed as "coming soon" a year or two it seems like. i used rtgs demil hk33 kits for my hk33/93 and hk53 build, i like em.

Sponsored Links