PTR-9C Suppressed?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PTR-9C Suppressed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default PTR-9C Suppressed?

Next spring I might get myself a PTR-9C and I was thinking of getting a sound suppressor for it eventually as well and using a three lug mount and was curious if anybody on here has a PTR-9C or CT and what three lug mounted suppressor they use? The reason I ask is a video on youtube by James Reeves says his Bowers three lug doesn't fit on it since it isn't an HK which he says it works fine on his MP5 but won't fit on the PTR-9CT. In the video he does show that the three lug on his AAC Illusion works. Besides that one anybody use anything else on there PTR-9? I am leaning towards someday getting a SilencerCo Omega 9K but don't want to get that when the time comes unless I am sure it will work. I know the best option would probably be to just get the CT sub model instead of the C since you can just thread it on if a three lug mount doesn't work but just kind of like the more solid look of the non threaded barrel.

"Yippy Kiya Motherfu***r!!" John Mcclane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No problems with my gemtech 3 lug adapters on either the 9c or 9ct. Super fun guns suppressed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chip12345 View Post
    No problems with my gemtech 3 lug adapters on either the 9c or 9ct. Super fun guns suppressed.

Thanks I will keep that one in mind.

"Yippy Kiya Motherfu***r!" John Mcclane

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I have a YHM Cobra 2 with the three lug. It fits my PTR 9CT perfectly. I've shot only about three mags in FA through it in that gun though. Just got it a few weeks ago and haven't done much as far as suppressed shooting in it so far.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    I have a YHM Cobra 2 with the three lug. It fits my PTR 9CT perfectly. I've shot only about three mags in FA through it in that gun though. Just got it a few weeks ago and haven't done much as far as suppressed shooting in it so far.

Thanks Retrodog. I will keep that one in mind as well.

"Yippy Kiya Motherfu***r!" John Mcclane

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Did PTR paint the 3 lug like some others end up doing? It should just be parked.

If they painted them and you have issues with your 3lug you generally just need to remove some of the paint with a little sanding and then it will be fine.

Tex
    HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No paint on my 9c lugged barrel. Run a Gemtech MK9K with no problems at all. Very quiet.
    "The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength – and strength alone."
    "We must be ready to dare all for our country. For history does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid. We must acquire proficiency in defense and display stamina in purpose."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had issues with my 9C, the rugged and silencerco 3lugs mounts would not fit. My barrel was out of spec. They replaced my barrel and both rugged and dead air fit no problem. I haven't check silencerco since getting it back.

:-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grubby669 View Post
    I had issues with my 9C, the rugged and silencerco 3lugs mounts would not fit. My barrel was out of spec. They replaced my barrel and both rugged and dead air fit no problem. I haven't check silencerco since getting it back.
    As in not fit... Loose? Tight? Wobbling? With the new barrel how is it?
    Thanks.
    I have a rugged but haven't tried it on the PTR yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Think it was on a TFB review (on YouTube), but the reviewer had a similar issue with the lugs (forget which suppressor was in question). If I remember correctly, the lugs were too long.

If it didn’t work, PTR would be fixing mine, as well. But I’d also likely go with the 9CT, just to have that option to also direct thread, if needed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links