Century Arms C308
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Century Arms C308

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Century Arms C308

Hey guys. I was at Academy today and saw a Century C308/black not the wood package for $579. Who has one of these?Can you give me a quick review. How does it shoot, what parts are interchangeable with HK, is it worth the price for a shooter. Your thoughts. All info is appreciated. Don’t own any century products. I have HK’s , mke’s And other clones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ybnqskp View Post
    Hey guys. I was at Academy today and saw a Century C308/black not the wood package for $579. Who has one of these?Can you give me a quick review. How does it shoot, what parts are interchangeable with HK, is it worth the price for a shooter. Your thoughts. All info is appreciated. Don’t own any century products. I have HK’s , mke’s And other clones.
    I never actually got one, I bought one from a distributor but I’m pretty sure it was just drop shipped from Century. The first came in really dirty, sand and gunk like it was used and the second had canted sights. I still want one, just if I can get a decent one. Both were sent back from my ffl, I gave up after the second.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ferdfarming likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It’s based on cetme, but it seems to be a working rifle. Only reason I don’t like the C308 is because the iron sight, I prefer HK diopter sight more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got into a decent one that ran fine, but the lack of parts compatibility got annoying so I turned it around and got a PTR-91.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If you are looking for a budget priced 308 rifle the C308 Rifle is a great option , If you have a few more bucks to spend you should think about the PTR Rifle series they are made with all new parts and have compatibility with a multitude of original & aftermarket HK parts .

Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had one. Knew it would be made with used parts but that didn't bother me. It shot just fine. What did bother me was that the Century picture showed an HK rotating diopter rear sight but what I got was a rusting pos non-adjustable leaf sight that shot 4" off center at 2 o'clock at 25 yards. I can't deal with that sort of thing so sold it for a small profit and bought a PTR 91R and have never regretted it. I think it has a better finish than the older HK 91's at what... half the price or so?

George from Alaska

HK45T
    Mark 23 90's era, no lockout
    P30L v3, another on it's way
    registered MP5 SEF select fire
    53 other NFA items and counting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have one, has around 500rnds through it. Haven't had an issue so far.

As far as everyone saying buy a PTR instead. PTR makes the C308s. It's a PTR barrel, a PTR receiver, PTR housing and powder coated by PTR. Warranty work is also through PTR and not century. I'm sure that's just all coincidence though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"Buy once, cry once."

"Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten."

"I don't make enough money to buy cheap sh*t"

Things to remember when considering Century Arms products.

YMMV, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have a friend that has a C308, while I have the PTR. I'm not saying the C308 shot bad, just don't like the rear sight. But after he put a red dot optic on it the groups improved greatly. Still I'm rather attached to my PTR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links