PTR MP5k - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: PTR MP5k

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    And the Pelican(ish) case, the sight tool, the extra mag, and single point sling.

All unnecessary and add costs.

I am a rail fan though, I consider it to be a positive feature. I like optics and don't really shoot anything without them.

While welding a rail to a German MP5 would be blasphemy, this is a shooter.

My opinion since release has been $1250 for a bare gun would be a better value.

With a little looking the street price is $1500 right now.

The 7.62 sells for $900 all day long.

YMMV.
    I dunno, its probably split down the middle. Myself and plenty of people like the nice pelican case and whatnot, and a lot of first timers appreciate the tool, mags, etc...I would much rather have a nice case over a crappy cardboard box tbh

:-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Delete the M-lok hand guard, case and about 150 bucks or add a few mags and I would be happy with a cardboard box..
    If you want to add a rail on an MP5, welded is the way to go. I bought a used DJ Getz mp5,
    I wish I still had it, the guy that had it before me put a clamp on rail on it, I had to leave it on because the chips in the paint drove me nuts...
    The finish and welds on that gun were amazing other then the eyesore left by the rail.
    I'm happy with my PTR but I'm patiently waiting for a PSA MP5K unless PTR makes one first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I'm happy with my PTR but I'm patiently waiting for a PSA MP5K unless PTR makes one first.
    Don't hold your breath. Palmetto State Armory has not released any information since Shot Show 2018. The lack of communication either means they run a super tight ship ... or they promised more than they can handle.

Also it's technically a Reverse Stretch which is the best of both worlds: MP5K in the front, standard MP5 stock that goes over/outside the receiver like a traditional one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

:-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like that tail hook they had on the one they were showing. Does anyone make a complete brace like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1 on they need to build it so that I have a copy of what I am issued and carry. Bought the P9CT so I don't shoot the real thing constantly.

The box? Meh, it decent but the gun doesn't fit back in with a brace or stock and my safes aren't big enough to hold it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I repurposed my case. I'm not a fan of hard cases for normal range travel.

But the gun will fit in the case with the brace on there. Just need to trim around a half inch of foam off in the rear where the brace folding adapter sits. It actually fits without trimming as well but is snug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    As the others have said its added cost. A lot of people want a mp5 that well looks like a mp5. They want the retro look. Same reason for people not liking the rail. The rail, hand guard swap, the case that will not work with a stock(as many will sbr these), etc are just extra costs. A soft case that would take an a3 stock would be better(or one that supports a full a2). Really I think they should sell a basic GI model that has the normal hand guard, no rail, and that comes in a cardboard box with the sight tool and the extra mag.
    I saw one the other day at my LGS and was very impressed with the quality. Seems very well built. The rail does not bother me but I agree with many the PTR logo hand guard is fugly and the oversize case is just a waste especially if you are going to SBR it or try to use it with the SB Tactical folder. Yes, I know the hand guard can be easily replaced but between that and the useless case IMO I think PTR could do a better price point offering a more basic model. But I also know that is like beating a dead horse as these points have been hammered home on here and other forums time and time again. It does not appear PTR plans to change anything. I know they are selling a bunch of them especially given the current drought with the Zenith's.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shad951 View Post
    I saw one the other day at my LGS and was very impressed with the quality. Seems very well built. The rail does not bother me but I agree with many the PTR logo hand guard is fugly and the oversize case is just a waste especially if you are going to SBR it or try to use it with the SB Tactical folder. Yes, I know the hand guard can be easily replaced but between that and the useless case IMO I think PTR could do a better price point offering a more basic model. But I also know that is like beating a dead horse as these points have been hammered home on here and other forums time and time again. It does not appear PTR plans to change anything. I know they are selling a bunch of them especially given the current drought with the Zenith's.
    I'd expect them to have a "GI" version or whatever they call it at some point. Kinda surprised they didn't do that as the second model instead of the one that has the non threaded barrel.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    I'd expect them to have a "GI" version or whatever they call it at some point. Kinda surprised they didn't do that as the second model instead of the one that has the non threaded barrel.
    The GI model was a fix of the chamber so that it would shoot mil surplus ammo (tar sealed or whatever) after some of us (primarily me) bitched to high hell about having a battle rifle that would not shoot military ammo.

The 9C/CT appears to shoot any type of ammo that a regular HK would so I think that designation would be inconsistent to use on something that just got a "retro" makeover.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All the guns made by JLD worked perfectly with military, tar sealed ammo. So PTR Inc changed barrel vendors, causing their guns to choke on military ammo, and then corrected the problem with their GI model. How enlightening. GARY.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links