Port buffer question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blitzkrieg

Thread: Port buffer question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Port buffer question

I have a ptr91 sc with a welded rail. Has anyone figured out a port buffer so my brass isn’t so dented? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Find one of those rubber stoppers that they put on the bottom of a walking stick/cane. Cut in half (top to bottom). Trim to match the side of the receiver. Attach with duct/duck tape vertically, right behind the port, with the bottom facing forward (toward the rear of the port). You'll have to replace the tape about every 120 rounds, if you're using the 3M stuff. The rubber part is good for 500-1000 rounds, depending on build material of the one you use.

And if Red Green comes by, he will be so proud.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I haven't had any problem reloading them, is that what worries you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was worried about the bend in the body of the brass. So no problems with life of the brass?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    Find one of those rubber stoppers that they put on the bottom of a walking stick/cane. Cut in half (top to bottom). Trim to match the side of the receiver. Attach with duct/duck tape vertically, right behind the port, with the bottom facing forward (toward the rear of the port). You'll have to replace the tape about every 120 rounds, if you're using the 3M stuff. The rubber part is good for 500-1000 rounds, depending on build material of the one you use.

And if Red Green comes by, he will be so proud.
    I make custom walking sticks on the side and have bags full of those things! They are neoprene. I think I'll find a way to attach one to a small rail mount. Here's one on a stick

http://oi66.tinypic.com/vfkpiv.jpg
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jungjae510 View Post
    I was worried about the bend in the body of the brass. So no problems with life of the brass?

I reload mine 5 x and save them after that because they are probably good for 2 more reloads during the zombie apoc
    barrington likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can some one post some pictures of that mod, I reload only and would like use this on my PTR where I shoot the leaves are so thick...I'm having trouble recovering my brass plus would like to eliminate the dents...thanks

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jungjae510 View Post

Keep in mind the the HK literally blows the cases out of the breech while other rifles like the m1a rip it out with the extractor. While they look a little uglier from the chamber groove marks and a dent here or there they haven't been stretched . NRA tested cases and reloaded 8 times without needing a trim.

Sponsored Links