Can I swap my POF metal Trigger Housing for a plastic Trigger Housing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can I swap my POF metal Trigger Housing for a plastic Trigger Housing

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He doesn't need a completely new trigger pack. He can use the trigger pack he has in his metal POF housing and put it into a plastic SEF housing, the only thing he will need to buy is the safety selector for plastic housing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fbmbirds View Post
    He doesn't need a completely new trigger pack. He can use the trigger pack he has in his metal POF housing and put it into a plastic SEF housing, the only thing he will need to buy is the safety selector for plastic housing
    This can be dangerous. The POF trigger pack, when put in the F position will allow the hammer to continuously follow the bolt so long as the trigger remains pulled.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkproximity View Post
    This can be dangerous. The POF trigger pack, when put in the F position will allow the hammer to continuously follow the bolt so long as the trigger remains pulled.
    Guns are dangerous in general, if you are not aware of how to handle a weapon then you shouldnt own one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fbmbirds View Post
    Guns are dangerous in general, if you are not aware of how to handle a weapon then you shouldnt own one.
    I agree with you, however I think it would be prudent to make OP aware that he could; at the sake of saving a bit of money, make his gun violate the national firearms act.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you, however I think it would be prudent to make OP aware that he could; at the sake of saving a bit of money, make his gun violate the national firearms act.
    I agree however I dont think the gun would violate any laws due to the fact he has not modified the bolt,trigger pack or receiver. If you want to be technical simply put a small stop right below E and your problem is solved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

While we could both interpret the law in such a way that neither of us would consider it an NFA item, ultimately the interpretation is up to the government. It will cost a lot more than $149.95 + shipping to make them see things our way.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The law doesn't care if the gun has been modified or not, if they can make it go bang-bang with a single pull of the trigger it's a machine gun. No sense in taking the risk. Besides the potential slam fire hammer follow can at the least cause a stoppage and those are aggravating. There's simply no good reason to deal with the POF pack in an SEF frame without a stop pin.
    The POF pack can be corrected to not allow the hammer follow with a simple mod but it takes some knowledge to know how. I have a take-off POF pack in the bin, might just fix it, correct a few quality issues with it, and then keep it for a back up. Right now it's nearly useless.
    Last edited by hkshooterusp; 12-18-2018 at 02:37 AM.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    The law doesn't care if the gun has been modified or not, if they can make it go bang-bang with a single pull of the trigger it's a machine gun. No sense in taking the risk. Besides the potential slam fire hammer follow can at the least cause a stoppage and those are aggravating. There's simply no good reason to deal with the POF pack in an SEF frame without a stop pin.
    The POF pack can be corrected to not allow the hammer follow with a simple mod but it takes some knowledge to know how. I have a take-off POF pack in the bin, might just fix it, correct a few quality issues with it, and then keep it for a back up. Right now it's nearly useless.
    Well said, I only commented on this thread because the OP asked if the he could swap his metal POF housing for a plastic one which you can, I on the other hand forgot about the issue since I never put my gun on F.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you experienced this first hand? ALL US made semi trigger packs have a pin installed to limit trigger travel and not allow hammer follow regardless of being on F or E. It is hard to believe that POF was able to sneak packs in that would allow that...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TuffNutt View Post
    Have you experienced this first hand? ALL US made semi trigger packs have a pin installed to limit trigger travel and not allow hammer follow regardless of being on F or E. It is hard to believe that POF was able to sneak packs in that would allow that...
    I recognized the issue before it became an issue while function testing the trigger in the SEF pack. Selected F, held trigger down, reset hammer all the way back, let hammer go, hammer falls again.

I have never fired and don't want to fire that trigger pack in any other trigger housing but the metal one it came in. I don't want to deal with jams, out of battery firing, or the ATF shooting my dogs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links