PTR C93 and 922r
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PTR C93 and 922r

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PTR C93 and 922r

I picked up one of those PTR C93’s during that Buds deal. Does anyone know which parts are US made and which are imported?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You need 7 US parts on a HK 90's series gun. In looking at my PTR here are the parts that I "think" are US parts and in reading some of the other postings Century will not tell you that specific parts that were used on your build.

Parts I think are US made:
    1. Receiver
    2. Barrel
    3. Muzzle attachment, I think but it's not marked and it doesn't have the spring on it.
    4. Hammer, C marked
    5. Sear, C marked
    6. Charging handle, C marked
    7. Grip frame

Parts that could possibly be US made:
    1. Trunion
    2. Trigger
    3. Trigger frame (I'm pretty certain that it's US made but can't say for sure).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Again, I can't say for certain but I did some more checking and I'm going to remove the following from the possible list:

1. Trigger, it's stamped and not marked. I'm thinking it's from the 33 parts kit.
    2. Trigger frame, in looking closer i can see where they milled out the 33 parts kit sear hole.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally got ahold of PTR and even they’re not sure. They said call Century but from what I’ve read on here they don’t know either. Thanks for the info though

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gbron View Post
    I finally got ahold of PTR and even they’re not sure. They said call Century but from what I’ve read on here they don’t know either. Thanks for the info though
    Well these are made from surplus Malaysian HK93 kits and I am sure they used the minimum # of US made parts to meet 922r. As mentioned 7 US made parts are required on the C93 (well actually no more than 10 imported parts from the list).

In order to be in compliance with 922(r), your rifle must have no more than ten foreign-made parts from the following list of parts:

Receiver the stamped steel part that the bolt and carrier are in
    Barrel
    Mounting block (front trunion) part inside the receiver that the barrel attaches to
    Muzzle attachment flash hider or brake
    Bolt
    Bolt carrier
    Operating rod (charging handle)
    Trigger housing the box inside the grip frame that holds all the trigger parts
    Trigger
    Hammer
    Sear
    Buttstock
    Pistol grip
    Forearm (handguard)
    Magazine body
    Follower part that pushes cartridges up inside the mag
    Floorplate bottom of the magazine

As long as the rifle has 10 or less foreign-made parts from the above list, it is compliant. If it has 11 or more, it is not.
    I am pretty sure the following is correct when it comes to the PTR C93 and most C93s in general but I could be wrong and YMMV so check for yourself. Century usually stamps US made trigger parts with a C. For triggers specifically surplus triggers are stamped (folded) sheet metal and all of the US made triggers I have seen are solid metal rather than folded sheet metal (some are marked and some are not).

Definite 992r parts on C93/ PTR C93:

1) Receiver
    2) Barrel
    3) Pistol grip (In this case US made lower)

Probable 992r parts on C93/PTR C93:

1) flash hider
    2) Operating rod (charging handle)
    3) hammer
    4) sear

Definite Surplus HK Malaysian parts:

1) Bolt
    2) Bolt carrier
    3) Trunion
    4) trigger housing
    5) Buttstock
    6) Forearm
    7) Magazine body
    8) Magazine follower
    9) Magazine floor plate

Possible 922r part:

1) Trigger - The trigger on my PTR C93 is a surplus part. Other photos of PTR C93s that I have seen that showed the trigger at an angle that I could tell also appeared to have stamped surplus triggers. However Century did sometimes use triggers in the Hk and Cetme builds for 922r compliance.

My particular PTR built C93 has the same US made parts listed by Scott in IN and so did a Century built C93 that I used to own.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in IN View Post

Parts I think are US made:
    1. Receiver
    2. Barrel
    3. Muzzle attachment, I think but it's not marked and it doesn't have the spring on it.
    4. Hammer, C marked
    5. Sear, C marked
    6. Charging handle, C marked
    7. Grip frame
    Last edited by The_Great_308; 01-07-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One more question: I was looking at the holes in the cocking tube that are used to drive out the pin for the cocking handle. I tried to line up the pin but once you have one side of the pin lined up the other isn’t. Is it supposed to be like this?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gbron View Post
    One more question: I was looking at the holes in the cocking tube that are used to drive out the pin for the cocking handle. I tried to line up the pin but once you have one side of the pin lined up the other isn’t. Is it supposed to be like this?
    Yes it should be okay you will just have to fiddle with it a bit. I don't think any of HK clones have ever had holes in the cocking tube that line up perfectly. I have never owned any actual Hk rifles so I don't know if the holes are supposed to be perfectly aligned or not. I have owned two Cetmes, two C93s one custom Hk93 clone two PTR91s, a PTR32 two custom made HK91s and a custom made MSG90 clone and the holes did not align perfectly on any of them. Also I installed HK21 style cocking handles on all of them without too much trouble.

Here is a video I found that shows the process on a PTR91:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxn71iyRYF4

Edit: Make sure if you do swap out the cocking handle that you use one specifically for the HK93/33. The HK91/G3 cocking handles are different and will not work properly.
    Last edited by The_Great_308; 01-08-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Grip frame/lower definitely US made, but the grip is so thin and small I'll be putting a Fleming on it, eventually. 140 rds through mine, zero issues except the windage maxes out and it's still a tiny bit off
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think 922 applies on these as the rifles are american made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COJeff View Post
    I don't think 922 applies on these as the rifles are american made.
    They're assembled here on Malaysian parts kits with American receivers and barrels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links