Zenith vs. HK lower question - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Zenith vs. HK lower question

  1. #11
    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHEN View Post
    Keeping in mind the other answer to your question, I cannot imagine it being problematic. Simply removing plastic from the trigger pack/lower to allow it to swing isn't even going down the road toward anything illegal. If you had asked about relieving material from the receiver that would be a different story.

    GHEN
    You actually remove metal not plastic, that is if the zenith shelf is similar to the POF shelf.

  2. #12
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    hkshooterusp's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2002
    Location : Central Indiana
    Posts : 2,219
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    What I'd like to know is why it matters? Who cares if the lower will swing down or not? It matters zero to the function of the weapon so who cares? The whole question seems to be an exercise in mental masterbation and without the happy ending.
    Wilhelm, rickj1nd and Speedy2015 like this.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

  3. #13
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    rickj1nd's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2011
    Posts : 1,262
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    What I'd like to know is why it matters? Who cares if the lower will swing down or not? It matters zero to the function of the weapon so who cares? The whole question seems to be an exercise in mental masterbation and without the happy ending.
    Exactly! Modify an entire trigger group to swing down over the Zenith shelf, with the pin installed, for the sole purpose of what... a photo op? LMAO

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Dec 2014
    Posts : 20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Is the shelf you mention on the mag well? Or somewhere else? I assume this is some kind of specific batfe refs on hk specific guns correct?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #15
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    HkCHUCK's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2001
    Location : NE Ohio
    Posts : 1,013
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wanderblind View Post
    I have an hk lower, and it does not swing down on my zenith either. I second getting clarification from the BATFE when the .Gov is back up and running.
    I would point out that writing letters to the ATF Tech Branch often results in unintended consequences.
    I would refrain from such activity.

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    GHEN's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2004
    Location : Pacific NorthWest
    Posts : 140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkproximity View Post
    You actually remove metal not plastic, that is if the zenith shelf is similar to the POF shelf.
    Gotcha, I was looking at it from the other direction and didn't fully understand one of the earlier responses.

    GHEN
    Praemonitus Praemunitus

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    GHEN's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2004
    Location : Pacific NorthWest
    Posts : 140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    What I'd like to know is why it matters? Who cares if the lower will swing down or not? It matters zero to the function of the weapon so who cares? The whole question seems to be an exercise in mental masterbation and without the happy ending.
    Just curious as to the differences between the various platforms. It might not matter to you, it mattered enough to me to ask the question.

    If you trolled every post on this board that engaged in this curious speculation (aka " mental masturbation) you wouldn't have time for much else.

    GHEN

  9. #18
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    rickj1nd's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2011
    Posts : 1,262
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kro77 View Post
    Is the shelf you mention on the mag well? Or somewhere else? I assume this is some kind of specific batfe refs on hk specific guns correct?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes and yes. The traditional "semi-auto" HK shelf is a wrap-around style that covers the mag well pushpin hole area (used to mount the trigger housing on a select fire weapon) and more importantly, prevents a factory F/A trigger pack from fitting in a mounted semi-auto housing. The Zenith accomplishes this with a "tab" that protrudes from the back of the mag well, but it does not wrap around the push-pin holes, thereby affording their use and the ability to mount a traditional F/A style "eared" (non-clipped and pinned) housing. However, due to the Zenith's "tab" protruding into the housing and the metal frame of the semi-auto trigger pack (remember, that's what its designed to do... prevent a F/A pack from fitting), it still will not swing down like a traditional select fire weapon, with the front push-pin installed. The Zenith/MKE's are a deviation from the traditional ATF direction of "no front push-pin hole" on a 90 series weapon (look up "Golden State Arms HK41"). It can be confusing for sure... different types of NFA conversions, the evolution of the trigger housings/groups, SEF, Ambi, Navy, Burst, shelfs, push-pins, full auto carrier blocks, clipped & pinned, etc... all being driven to further confusing heights by modern day parts availability and builder ingenuity over the years, developing ingenious ways to use those parts in legal semi-auto builds.
    I am out of town this weekend or I would post a picture of an HK style shelf next to the Zenith style shelf for reference. Perhaps someone else can help me out with that. If not, I will post one on Monday.
    Regards,
    Jim
    Last edited by rickj1nd; 01-06-2019 at 11:47 AM.

  10. #19
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    hkshooterusp's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2002
    Location : Central Indiana
    Posts : 2,219
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHEN View Post
    Just curious as to the differences between the various platforms. It might not matter to you, it mattered enough to me to ask the question.

    If you trolled every post on this board that engaged in this curious speculation (aka " mental masturbation) you wouldn't have time for much else.

    GHEN
    Well, since my questioning your question gave you heart burn let me elaborate.
    I don't mind stupid or even redundant questions that will help someone get to a point of better understanding. Typically such questions have positive and purposeful outcome and will help both the one who asks as well as others who stumble across the answers.
    Your question offers zero help to anyone who reads it because the answer has no goal, no help, no offer of furthering the readers intelligence. The topic simply is what it is. You had an answer early on from one of the most knowledgeable members on the forum. But instead of accepting that perfect answer you then chose to essentially argue that answer and attempt to continue the conversation, looking for someone to dignify your question with what you feel is a better answer.

    I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I was in just the right mood to voice my unasked for opinion about the validity of the question once the mole hill grew into a mountain. The outcome of your question and it's resulting feedback, for the casual observer, puts into perspective how the majority of readers feel about said question and the pursuit of it's answer.

    It's obvious the internet is a bit much for your delicate feelings today so I'll make my leave and vacate your thread. Enjoy your pursuit of knowledge.
    Good Day, Sir.

  11. #20
    Senior Member
    GHEN's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2004
    Location : Pacific NorthWest
    Posts : 140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    Well, since my questioning your question gave you heart burn let me elaborate.
    It really didn't, amused perhaps, heartburn? No.

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    Your question offers zero help to anyone who reads it because the answer has no goal, no help, no offer of furthering the readers intelligence.
    Wow you assume a lot based on a simple question. How can my question offer help? A question seeks help. I wasn't trying to write the Great American Novel, I was simply asking about a trigger pack and how it differed from the original design off of which is was based.

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    But instead of accepting that perfect answer you then chose to essentially argue that answer and attempt to continue the conversation, looking for someone to dignify your question with what you feel is a better answer.
    I did what? I didn't argue any answer. Marin0303 gave a great answer and Dark Proximity asked a follow-up question which I gave an opinion on. I think you are looking for a problem where none exists.

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    I'm sorry I hurt your feelings
    Again, you didn't; really. I do understand the technique of restating it so other readers believe it is true but trust in this, my feelings aren't negatively affected.

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    once the mole hill grew into a mountain. The outcome of your question and it's resulting feedback, for the casual observer, puts into perspective how the majority of readers feel about said question and the pursuit of it's answer.
    Hyperbole aside you contradict yourself here. I think you just had your grumpy pants on and wanted to go aggress against someone from your keyboard. If that helps you through your day feel free to insert yourself in any of my threads and do the same. It seems to me you have some issues and I am all about helping people.

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    So I'll make my leave and vacate your thread.
    No need, all are welcome here.

    Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    Enjoy your pursuit of knowledge.
    That's all it is, I wish everyone made it easy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

zenith lowers

,

zenith use 2 pin lowers

Click on a term to search for related topics.