Rumored PTR MP5K clone is called the 9KT. Finding out about this outside of HKPro! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Rumored PTR MP5K clone is called the 9KT. Finding out about this outside of HKPro!

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It is great to see PTR continue to expand their 9mm Roller Lock line up with the PTR 9KT pistol . This provides the shooting community another option to consider. Hopefully we will see Zenith Firearms start to flow back into the US also as there is enough room for both fine product lines.

login_local likes this.
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been bugging PTR to make an MP5K clone since the 9CT came out. I was super excited about this announcement until I saw the grip housing. What was PTR smoking when they came up with that? If I get one of these, I'll have to swap that out. Is it a two pin or a fake pin?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’m glad to see more MP5’s coming out. I just wish PTR would give an option of no top rail.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GunCollector509 View Post
    I've been bugging PTR to make an MP5K clone since the 9CT came out. I was super excited about this announcement until I saw the grip housing. What was PTR smoking when they came up with that? If I get one of these, I'll have to swap that out. Is it a two pin or a fake pin?
    Clipped and pinned

Quote Originally Posted by gotcoffee View Post
    I’m glad to see more MP5’s coming out. I just wish PTR would give an option of no top rail.
    Same, I much prefer the classic look.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Lots of guys have commented about the grip frame but I don't see what the big deal is. Are we just looking for something to complain about because to me it looks almost identical to the HK plastic SEF housing. Certainly not different enough to bitch about, IMHO. The rail is the biggest dig I have on the gun but that's across the board for all models. In the case of the KT for some reason it looks right and the benefits are certainly worth it. If one uses a claw or a low mount on the claw pads that puts the optic way forward on this gun and it looks odd. The rails suits it perfectly. Still, would be nice to have the option.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    Lots of guys have commented about the grip frame but I don't see what the big deal is. Are we just looking for something to complain about because to me it looks almost identical to the HK plastic SEF housing.
    I'm left handed and the SEF housing's finger grooves is one of the biggest reasons I went PTR 9CT over Zenith Z5RS. That and Zeniths were out of stock. People complain about unnecessary finger grooves and lack of left handed support across other firearm platforms.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Folks here seem to be complaining that PTR's grip is somehow vastly different than HK's. For you to be happy according to what you are saying you need to install a Navy grip. Cool. That does not mean PTR's grip is vastly different or some how more ugly than HK's. You simply like a different grip and that's easily corrected. Your desire for a Navy grip does not in any way validate what's being said about PTR's being ugly or different than HK's.

PTR's SEF housing, like all SEF housings, are completely ambidextrous in the grip so I'm not sure what being LH has to do with it. One can even install an ambi selector lever for true complete LH operation.
    Besides that, finger grooves are also present on the non-Navy HK SEF housing so what's the difference? Not being LH I realize there's possibly a perspective I cannot experience.

Or maybe I'm taking everyone's complaint wrong and don't understand they are saying they would actually prefer a Navy style grip. But that's not what's coming across in the text to my mind's eye. PTR didn't screw up here any more than HK did. If they did at all. Don't like the grip simply change it out but I fail to see a reason to come online and complain about what's offered in this case.
    The_Great_308 and egroeg like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    Folks here seem to be complaining that PTR's grip is somehow vastly different than HK's. For you to be happy according to what you are saying you need to install a Navy grip. Cool. That does not mean PTR's grip is vastly different or some how more ugly than HK's. You simply like a different grip and that's easily corrected. Your desire for a Navy grip does not in any way validate what's being said about PTR's being ugly or different than HK's.

PTR's SEF housing, like all SEF housings, are completely ambidextrous in the grip so I'm not sure what being LH has to do with it. One can even install an ambi selector lever for true complete LH operation.
    Besides that, finger grooves are also present on the non-Navy HK SEF housing so what's the difference? Not being LH I realize there's possibly a perspective I cannot experience.

Or maybe I'm taking everyone's complaint wrong and don't understand they are saying they would actually prefer a Navy style grip. But that's not what's coming across in the text to my mind's eye. PTR didn't screw up here any more than HK did. If they did at all. Don't like the grip simply change it out but I fail to see a reason to come online and complain about what's offered in this case.
    Damn dude some people dont like the look. Thats it. No need to come online and get upset over them not finding it aesthetically appealing.
    Last edited by redmax29; 01-21-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links