Z-43P Stock/Pistol Brace Options??? (Full Auto BCG in an MKE?)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hill1001

Thread: Z-43P Stock/Pistol Brace Options??? (Full Auto BCG in an MKE?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Z-43P Stock/Pistol Brace Options??? (Full Auto BCG in an MKE?)

I just pulled the trigger on a Z-43P on Gunbroker.

Currently I own an Omega MP5 clone with an ATI A3 stock that I chopped and mounted a Tailhook brace on. I've now been made aware that the Zenith is a no-go for an assembly that doesn't have a mechanical buffer. My ATI assembly has an H buffer, but apparently that's not enough for a 5.56 gun.

I intend to Form 1 it asap and run a fixed buffered stock, but even then I would like the option to use a collapsible stock. To my knowledge there aren't any collapsible stocks out there with a mechanical buffer. Is there any way I can modify a Full Auto BCG with a mechanical buffer to fit in an MKE gun? I've been reading all night about this and I've come across one guy out there who had someone mill the carrier. I'm not entirely new to roller locks but definitely new to imports and furniture available. My option is either go the modified FA carrier route or find an A3 stock that has a mechanical buffer? What are my options here?

Thanks!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

There are HK collapsible stocks with a mechanical buffer designed for the HK93. However they are harder to find and typically more expensive. If you watch the for sale section here and check gun broker you should be able to find a used one eventually. Note : There are some collapsible stocks made for HK93s that have buffered bolt carriers. These stocks are the proper length but have only the H buffer and no mechanical buffer. So before you buy a stock make sure that it is a mechanically buffered stock.

The diagram at hk parts clearly shows the mechanical buffer.
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-9...races-c170.htm

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-9...races-c170.htm

There are a couple other ways to get a properly buffered collapsible stock for a HK93. Probably the cheapest and easiest would be to buy a G3 collapsible stock and cut down the end cap on the stock from a double pin to a single pin. The rails would be too long so the stock would not fully close.

Another option would be to buy and assemble an end cap with the proper buffer for a HK 93 collapsable stock. I think RTG has all of the parts to do this. you could then combine this with the rails and butt pad from either a G3 collapsible stock (the rails would be too long to close) or with one from an MP5 collapsible stock like the ATI (the rails on the MP5 stocks are shorter than HK93 stocks).

I am not very familiar with the internal differences between the HK93 and the Z43. However, I believe there is an internal block of some sort in the Z43 that would prevent the use of a standard full-auto Hk33 bolt carrier. I don't know if it would be practical (or more importantly legal) but it may be possible to have a HK33 Buffered bolt carrier from a Malaysian HK33 machined to function properly in your Z43. If so you could use an MP5 collapsible stock.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...E-111p3678.htm

Last edited by The_Great_308; 01-09-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ahh so all I have to do is learn how to assembly the end cap/locking mechanism then huh? Doesn't look simple but I'll give that a go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have done this 4 times with 91 A3 stocks , If you would like detailed info, PM me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

By my way of thinking, simply hunting down and shelling out the necessary cash for the correct mech buffered HK93/33 A3 stock is the better option. They are not cheap, but neither are they prohibitively expensive. Just a matter of the patience to find one. YMMV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually tracked down a S/A buffered bolt, so I should be set!
    The_Great_308 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what I did with mine. Found a Malaysian buffered bolt carrier milled for S/A and used that in mine. I've not had any issues with any stocks, buffered or not.

Make sure you check your bolt gap clearances after installing a new bolt/carrier!
    Last edited by SpartanIV; 01-20-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Sponsored Links